Schiff Warns of Big Democratic Losses With Biden Atop Ticket

Congressman Schiff is worried that Republicans will win the Presidency and take back the Senate if Biden is the nominee. 

There aren't that many more shopping days left before Christmas and every day that passes a final decision gets more critical.  

What are Democrats going to do?  Are they riding with Biden, or not? 

US Rep. Schiff Warns of Big Democratic Losses With Biden Atop Ticket-NYT (usnews.com)

14 minutes ago, JMWATS said:

Congressman Schiff is worried that Republicans will win the Presidency and take back the Senate if Biden is the nominee. 

There aren't that many more shopping days left before Christmas and every day that passes a final decision gets more critical.  

US Rep. Schiff Warns of Big Democratic Losses With Biden Atop Ticket-NYT (usnews.com)

He may be right.  He will still be invited to the convention, regardless of what happens.  That is what Americans do. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JMWATS said:

The challenge for the Dems is 1) time 2) money (they’d be completely starting from scratch) 3) lack of consensus on the better option - progressives vs moderates  4) mojo - the party seems swaggerless and in disarray 5) interest - the country is still heavily distracted and processing the assassination attempt 6) ummm …. Biden has vowed not to step aside.

Candidly without a miracle I can’t see a real happy ending for the Dems here. They may have been dead and didn’t know it a year ago when Biden didnt hand over the car keys. (IMO it heavily tarnishes his legacy). Their best chances for minimizing the damage is to campaign against down ballot muscle memory and push for a Congress that counters/controls Trump.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

6) ummm …. Biden has vowed not to step aside.

Not so fast, there maybe a development here:

A doctor would be putting a lot on the line to diagnose Biden with a medical condition.  Anything for the party though.

• Haha 1
  • Wow 2

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

The challenge for the Dems is 1) time 2) money (they’d be completely starting from scratch) 3) lack of consensus on the better option - progressives vs moderates  4) mojo - the party seems swaggerless and in disarray 5) interest - the country is still heavily distracted and processing the assassination attempt 6) ummm …. Biden has vowed not to step aside.

Candidly without a miracle I can’t see a real happy ending for the Dems here. They may have been dead and didn’t know it a year ago when Biden didnt hand over the car keys. (IMO it heavily tarnishes his legacy). Their best chances for minimizing the damage is to campaign against down ballot muscle memory and push for a Congress that counters/controls Trump.

They would not be starting from scratch. The message would still be Trump as an “existential threat” versus their candidates merits. Seems they would have done a better job beginning 2020 to plan for 2024. Businesses, sports teams, etc do. In hind sight a poor decision by Joe in being so closed minded about a VP choice.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I've been clear from the outset I thought Biden would win. And while I still will not discount the Democrat's uncanny ability to obtain votes, I am beginning to waiver on his chances much less a replacement. 

I've watched a good bit of the RNC and they are making a valid case IMO. If Haley successfully brings her support on board, it gets scary. Watching Van Jones and the CNN panels concerned with Amber Rose and her 23 million followers is also an interesting dynamic.

The party is changing. If they can sell this unity platform it will be interesting. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

I've been clear from the outset I thought Biden would win. And while I still will not discount the Democrat's uncanny ability to obtain votes, I am beginning to waiver on his chances much less a replacement. 

I've watched a good bit of the RNC and they are making a valid case IMO. If Haley successfully brings her support on board, it gets scary. Watching Van Jones and the CNN panels concerned with Amber Rose and her 23 million followers is also an interesting dynamic.

The party is changing. If they can sell this unity platform it will be interesting. 

Without doubt they seem to have a lot of excitement and momentum. Like you really didn’t think Trump had a snowball chance in hell. The debate and little I have seen of the convention has changed that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Without doubt they seem to have a lot of excitement and momentum. Like you really didn’t think Trump had a snowball chance in hell. The debate and little I have seen of the convention has changed that. 

I think the assasination attempt might have played a role in changing that also.  Trump needs to ware that ear bandage like a lib wears a mask until the election.

• Haha 5

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

You've pretty much nailed it down. The Democrats have to figure out what they're doing in short order. Someone is going to have to do a fantastic sell job to get Biden to step aside. If that doesn't happen, the rest of it is moot.

If he were to step aside, Harris is the only one that would have access to the money already in their campaign coffers, so if a change is made, it will almost have to be her, even if they don't particularly want her. It would be the path of least resistance and, more importantly, the most defensible choice. If Harris got passed over in favor of a Newsom or Whitmer, the optics of "woman of color passed over for white person because they're deemed more electable" would be terrible for the party as a whole...if she were to publicly declare that she's not interested (which I haven't seen any indication of, but bear with the hypothetical), then that would seem to open things up at the convention.

I have to admit that if you'd told me a year ago that the Republicans would seem to be more organized and the Democrats would be in some disarray, I wouldn't have believed it.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

I think the assasination attempt might have played a role in changing that also.  Trump needs to ware that ear bandage like a lib wears a mask until the election.

I'd give him a pass on riding alone with the bandage. ;D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

A doctor would be putting a lot on the line to diagnose Biden with a medical condition.  Anything for the party though.

IMO Biden went stubborn for weeks - it’s now been too long and too much has happened since the debate. There is no time to “build a brand” for a nationally lesser know candidate/plan b.  Unless it was a splash/shock the conversation candidate like Michelle O, ect - not sure there’s a point. 

Edited by auburnatl1

Gonna be interesting to see how this all plays out. The Democrats are a year late in my opinion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

IMO Biden went stubborn for weeks - it’s now been too long and too much has happened since the debate. There is no time to “build a brand” for a nationally lesser know candidate/plan b.  Unless it was a splash/shock the conversation candidate like Michelle O, ect - not sure there’s a point. 

Biden just gave them an out, whether they take it or not is up to the Dems.  Michelle O would not want to get down an dirty with the political climate IMO, but she is the only one that could make Kamala take the second seat for four more years.

Well:

How many vaccinations and boosters are enough to be immune?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I thought you believed that he has one?

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Well:

How many vaccinations and boosters are enough to be immune?

For the 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000th time, being vaccinated doesn't mean that you cannot get Covid.  It does mean that should you get a strain of Covid, you are much less likely to be hospitalized or die as a result.  That is just a fact, not an alternative fact.

45 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

For the 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000th time, being vaccinated doesn't mean that you cannot get Covid.  It does mean that should you get a strain of Covid, you are much less likely to be hospitalized or die as a result.  That is just a fact, not an alternative fact.

Damn that’s a big friggin number😎 Biden’s age, travel, and constant daily social interactions put him at a high rusk.

8 hours ago, AU9377 said:

That is a lot of zeros.  As the video states Biden said if you get vaccinated you won’t get COVID.  He lied or was misled by *the science* your choice.  It’s a little joke.  He can’t even get herd immunity.   How many times has he had COVID?

7 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Damn that’s a big friggin number😎 Biden’s age, travel, and constant daily social interactions put him at a high rusk.

If you believe this, Joe should not be our president.  He is a weak frail man.

8 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I thought you believed that he has one?

He does have one, but he doesn’t believe it.  A doctor has to tell him, he’s just fine as he head to Delaware to isolate.

9 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Have seen my doctors change on this. Saying for older and high risk get updated pneumonia and RSV. Benefits from Covid boosters are not worth it.

38 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

If you believe this, Joe should not be our president.  He is a weak frail man.

You’ve said that even more times.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

You’ve said that even more times.

Yes I have and people are starting to pay attention.  The man is a liar and a pandering POS.

And yet, you will vote for him just to keep DJT out of the WH. 

• Like 1