Can someone tell me why it is acceptable to mispronounce Kamala? Seems childish.

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

His name gets mispronounced daily. It's not a bid deal. 

Purposefully? Prove that and show us the damn so-called memo or save yourself from further embarrassment and shut up.  

This isn't new.  They would have to be a collection of village idiots to not know what they are doing. 

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2020-10-30/kids-mock-names-when-adult-politicians-do-it-its-disgraceful

16 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

This isn't new.  They would have to be a collection of village idiots to not know what they are doing. 

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2020-10-30/kids-mock-names-when-adult-politicians-do-it-its-disgraceful

LA Times? Just stop. Show us the damn memo. 

34 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

His name gets mispronounced daily. It's not a bid deal. 

Purposefully? Prove that and show us the damn so-called memo or save yourself from further embarrassment and shut up.  

It’s not a huge deal. It’s just more rude and immature mtg type stuff. If the GOP wants to earn its credibility back of being more than just angry yahoos, it starts with simple things like this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

It’s not a huge deal. It’s just more rude and immature mtg type stuff. If the GOP wants to earn its credibility back of being more than just angry yahoos, it starts with simple things like this.

I've watched an hour or so of the RNC tonight and am sure her name has been pronounced 4 different ways. And you're right, it's not a big deal. And until someone can prove intent it's a non-starter stupid assertion. 

Immature, mtg, credibility, angry yahoo, etc. give credence to the stupidity. 

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Or an Eastern European immigrant name... funny how you have no problem with those.

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Or an Eastern European immigrant name... funny how you have no problem with those.

Well, she’s Jamaican/Indian American but since she’s dark of skin she’s black. I guess Eastern European is a stretch. How about Kaunakakai Harris? 

Edited by autigeremt
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

LA Times? Just stop. Show us the damn memo. 

The point is that these people are not mentally challenged simpletons.  There was a lengthy discussion about it in 2020.  She has been the Vice President of the United States of America for 4 years.  They know how she pronounces her name.  Therefore, the only conclusion that a reasonable person can make is that they are simply being as disrespectful as possible and wearing that silliness as a badge of honor.

If that is the example they are setting, they cannot be taken seriously when they throw around religion, family values and any of the culture war nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

22 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I suppose it is perfectly fine to call him Donnie Dump instead of Donald Trump.  Of course, most people were taught as children that two wrongs don't make it right.

Just an aside, my MSNBC friend refuses to call djt anything but t-rump. For 8 years, on the radio show, every day, for 8 years. 

I will throw out the occasional witticism. I call Biden President Sh!tz-his-pantz from time to time. But when you are religiously tied to a failed anachronym, it does get tiring and you cannot bore your audience. KOD.

18 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Are you going to start a thread on how Vivek is mad people can't appropriately pronounce his name? No, of course not. And frankly, he could give a s*** and has joked about it.

Literally, the dumbest thread I've seen in a while. 

So you seriously don't think they are doing it deliberately?

18 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Are you going to start a thread on how Vivek is mad people can't appropriately pronounce his name? No, of course not. And frankly, he could give a s*** and has joked about it.

Literally, the dumbest thread I've seen in a while. 

I'll bet everyone would know how to pronounce it if he was V.P. :-\

11 hours ago, AU9377 said:

The point is that these people are not mentally challenged simpletons.  There was a lengthy discussion about it in 2020.  She has been the Vice President of the United States of America for 4 years.  They know how she pronounces her name.  Therefore, the only conclusion that a reasonable person can make is that they are simply being as disrespectful as possible and wearing that silliness as a badge of honor.

If that is the example they are setting, they cannot be taken seriously when they throw around religion, family values and any of the culture war nonsense.

You keep digging this hole deeper.

You made a random assertion and have nothing to back it up. Fail

You said it was coordinated but you can't back it up. Fail

You said there's a memo but can't provide a copy. Fail

Just admit you are wrong and lied about this entire ordeal and move on. You'd be better for it. Right now I'm embarrassed for you.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

So you seriously don't think they are doing it deliberately?

I seriously cannot believe you fell for this nonsense too. 

58 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I'll bet everyone would know how to pronounce it if he was V.P. :-\

You'd be wrong

58 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I seriously cannot believe you fell for this nonsense too. 

What nonsense?  You and I both know they are deliberately miss-pronouncing her name.

Such sort of petty ridicule is a core part of Trump's M.O.

29 minutes ago, homersapien said:

What nonsense?  You and I both know they are deliberately miss-pronouncing her name.

Such sort of petty ridicule is a core part of Trump's M.O.

Unbelievable

20 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

I've watched an hour or so of the RNC tonight and am sure her name has been pronounced 4 different ways. And you're right, it's not a big deal. And until someone can prove intent it's a non-starter stupid assertion. 

Immature, mtg, credibility, angry yahoo, etc. give credence to the stupidity. 

Curious, do you think Trump's petty insulting is "intended" as part of his political strategy/persona?

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

Curious, do you think Trump's petty insulting is "intended" as part of his political strategy/persona?

Politics is a war. Ugly. I'm not a fan of the back and forth. Would prefer a unifying message from both parties and candidates.

With all these intentional mispronunciations I figured there would be a bunch clips posted in this thread highlighting it. I have not watched any of the RNC so no clue about what people are claiming. 

13 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

You keep digging this hole deeper.

You made a random assertion and have nothing to back it up. Fail

You said it was coordinated but you can't back it up. Fail

You said there's a memo but can't provide a copy. Fail

Just admit you are wrong and lied about this entire ordeal and move on. You'd be better for it. Right now I'm embarrassed for you.

No need to be embarrassed for me.  This thread was started 2 days ago.  I watched the governor of Arkansas, a Florida Senator, the co-chair of the RNC and at least one other speaker go to the podium and mispronounce the Vice President's name.  Governor Sanders was communications director at one point, for crying out loud.  You want me to believe that these people are so uninformed or forgetful that they simply made errors. 

I am really comfortable in my conclusion.  After all,

6qqb2t-2723806472.jpg

8 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

No need to be embarrassed for me.  This thread was started 2 days ago.  I watched the governor of Arkansas, a Florida Senator, the co-chair of the RNC and at least one other speaker go to the podium and mispronounce the Vice President's name.  Governor Sanders was communications director at one point, for crying out loud.  You want me to believe that these people are so uninformed or forgetful that they simply made errors. 

I am really comfortable in my conclusion.  After all,

6qqb2t-2723806472.jpg

Don't say I didn't try to help. :comfort:

On 7/18/2024 at 7:27 PM, wdefromtx said:

With all these intentional mispronunciations I figured there would be a bunch clips posted in this thread highlighting it. I have not watched any of the RNC so no clue about what people are claiming. 

Here's one:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

Here's one:

Well, he's got his reading glasses on, obviously reading a pre-written statement.

I think his butthole was drawn up tighter than a snare drum having to announce Harris as the new candidate.

It was sad watching this guy trying to show as much fake enthusiasm last night when finally endorsing her.  He literally begged for applause from the dozen or so people in front of the stage he was on and got no response.

I just wonder how many of his family members contemplate committing suicide at family gatherings after being around him & listening to him spew hatred for about 5 minutes?

• Like 1

On 7/24/2024 at 10:52 AM, ArgoEagle said:

I just wonder how many of his family members contemplate committing suicide at family gatherings after being around him & listening to him spew hatred for about 5 minutes?

I have a similar curiosity about your family.