Can someone tell me why it is acceptable to mispronounce Kamala? Seems childish.

4 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

That assumes that God killed the man that died instead.

Probably a closet Dem. No protection.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Yep, the sensible and responsible one.

Or the desperate one.  I notice they haven't actually dumped him yet.  The dems seem to be following their natural stupid and irresponsible instincts. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cardin Drake said:

Or the desperate one.  I notice they haven't actually dumped him yet.  The dems seem to be following their natural stupid and irresponsible instincts. 

Make up your mind. :rolleyes:

More from the sensible and responsible party:

• Like 1

Reminds me of playground Tom Foolery.  Surprised that republicans, that seem to have an advantage at the moment , can’t stay on point concerning their plan. I’m also surprised that grown men on this forum don’t have better things to discuss. 

Edited by creed
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I would have no problem with anyone giving thanks to God for Trumps outcome. Get what you are saying about the saved part. 

I agree with that. A few will go down the cultish 2nd coming path, I just hope it doesn’t become mainstream for maga.

1 hour ago, Cardin Drake said:

More from the sensible and responsible party:

They should be called out for their uninformed ignorance.

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

I would have no problem with anyone giving thanks to God for Trumps outcome. Get what you are saying about the saved part. Didn’t watch last night. Looks like everyone is claiming to be united, probably drinking their share and having a big time. 

I also have no problem whatsoever with giving thanks.

4 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I suppose it is perfectly fine to call him Donnie Dump instead of Donald Trump.  Of course, most people were taught as children that two wrongs don't make it right.

Just call it a cult and he the cult leader. It's fine. :-\

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Childishness is another core principle.

Like the OP and your support of such childishness. Pathetic.

• Like 2

This thread is completely asinine in the first place.

I actually blame Kamala's parents for giving her this name that is hard to pronounce in the first place.

If they had named her Kam or Camel (both easy to pronounce), we would not even be having this discussion.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

I actually blame Kamala's parents for giving her this name that is hard to pronounce in the first place.

If they had named her Kam or Camel (both easy to pronounce), we would not even be having this discussion.

Really?  These speakers are grown educated people.  They know what the hell they are doing.  They are choosing to be a poor example.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

42 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Really?  These speakers are grown educated people.  They know what the hell they are doing.  They are choosing to be a poor example.

That’s why they love ‘em. Reflects who they are.

49 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

I want to think you’re joking. Not sure.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Are you going to start a thread on how Vivek is mad people can't appropriately pronounce his name? No, of course not. And frankly, he could give a s*** and has joked about it.

Literally, the dumbest thread I've seen in a while. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

24 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I want to think you’re joking. Not sure.

Key to my post was asinine--Not joking.

Harris' proposed names--joking

I just hope 9377 does not have sleepless nights worrying about this topic & also who gives a crap about why Pence is not at the convention.

Sleep depravation can be a serious issue.

18 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Every speaker I have heard at the Republican Convention has purposefully mispronounced the Vice President's name.  Doing that screams trash to me.

In my case, I honestly can't remember which it is.  I pronounce it correctly about half the time; wrong the other half.

If it had two Ms (Kammala) like the word "comma", it would be more clear, I think.  But with only one M, it is easily misread.  And once a certain pronunciation gets stuck in your mind, it's hard to change it.

Of course, some people pronounce it as "Ho".

Edited by WillMunny
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

Yep, the sensible and responsible one.

The party putting the country at risk. Yes, that's the one right there. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

They could have named her Monica. It would have been a good fit.....

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Vicious.  And a good reference.

2 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Or an Eastern European immigrant name... funny how you have no problem with those.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Are you going to start a thread on how Vivek is mad people can't appropriately pronounce his name? No, of course not. And frankly, he could give a s*** and has joked about it.

Literally, the dumbest thread I've seen in a while. 

No.  Why?  Because Democrats are not purposefully mispronouncing his name.  It is beyond obvious that the speakers all got the memo.  It is low class ridiculous behavior.  You all can act all coy if you want, but you know I am right.

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

No.  Why?  Because Democrats are not purposefully mispronouncing his name.  It is beyond obvious that the speakers all got the memo.  It is low class ridiculous behavior.  You all can act all coy if you want, but you know I am right.

His name gets mispronounced daily. It's not a bid deal. 

Purposefully? Prove that and show us the damn so-called memo or save yourself from further embarrassment and shut up.