Where is Mike Pence? Did he betray his country?

1 hour ago, creed said:

Has Pence complained about being ignored? Maybe he likes it the way it is. 

Ah, yes, I'm sure that's it. People who run for President love to be ignored.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Am I mistaken, or did Pence not get booed off the stage during the Republican Primary Debate?

Maybe if 9377 sent Pence a big bouquet of flowers, it would make both of them feel better.

With a nice card attached. "Dear Mike, Sorry that being a decent person gets you ostracized from the Republican Party these days. Hope these peonies help."

You never answered: When, and why, did Pence become irrelevant?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Leftfield said:

With a nice card attached. "Dear Mike, Sorry that being a decent person gets you ostracized from the Republican Party these days. Hope these peonies help."

You never answered: When, and why, did Pence become irrelevant?

I'm gonna say this one more time.  

Attn All Libs:  Please quit asking when & why Pence became irrelevant.   We Republicans could really just care less.  We have moved on from him!

Why don't yall go look for him & all of you have a group hug, roast some marshmallows over a fire, and sing Kumbaya?

3 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

A database is available for you to see charges against each individual. 

I can't make determinations for you.

I'm not the one who made the claim.

21 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Ah, yes, I'm sure that's it. People who run for President love to be ignored.

Mike Pence is cut from a different cloth. Actually in my opinion he is a "real gentleman". Walks soft but carries a big stick. A lot like what southern men used to be considered. Tuff as whoop leather and everyone knew it. He doesn't need attention, doesn't call on it. Just keeps his head down, stays humble, believes in God, and keeps chopping wood so to speak. 

He would be a good leader, mentor and friend.

• Like 2

Just now, ArgoEagle said:

Attn All Libs:  Please quit asking when & why Pence became irrelevant.   We Republicans could really just care less.  We have moved on from him!

Why don't yall go look for him & all of you have a group hug, roast some marshmallows over a fire, and sing Kumbaya?

It's pretty obvious you couldn't care less, because you just don't want to answer. 

So I will: He became irrelevant when he didn't do what Trump wanted. That's it. Nothing else. Republicans had no problem with him before that. He was everything many of them wanted short of a fiery personality. The second he stood up for the law instead of Trump, he was done. Had he tried to help Trump, he would still be a Republican in good standing.

In fact, irrelevant isn't even the right word here. Pence didn't slip into obscurity, he became hated. Ask any MAGA about him, and they'll speak of him with disdain. The same with Cheney and Kinzinger, who, like Pence, were just dandy people to all Republicans until they dared to point out what a horrible person Trump is. There's not a single reason you can give with any of them, other than standing up to Trump, for them being kicked out of the party. 

But I guess it doesn't matter that good people were pushed aside by a crude, self-serving, loud-mouthed, criminal braggart, because Republicans have moved on, right? 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, creed said:

Mike Pence is cut from a different cloth. Actually in my opinion he is a "real gentleman". Walks soft but carries a big stick. A lot like what southern men used to be considered. Tuff as whoop leather and everyone knew it. He doesn't need attention, doesn't call on it. Just keeps his head down, stays humble, believes in God, and keeps chopping wood so to speak. 

I agree, and though my response was meant in jest, I'm realizing it may have come across a more mean-spirited, so I apologize if so.

In fact, you may be right: considering Pence is actually hated by a huge number of Republicans now, he probably does appreciate the lack of attention.

I disagree with Pence on many policy positions, particularly with social issues, but I believe he is a good man.

1 hour ago, creed said:

Has Pence complained about being ignored? Maybe he likes it the way it is. 

I'm not sure how I am failing to make this point so that it is easily relatable, but I am in some way.  It isn't about Mike Pence personally.  It is about what DONALD TRUMP demanded that Mike Pence do on January 6th and Mike Pence's refusal to do what would have been an unconstitutional abuse of power on his part.  Both men took an oath to defend the constitution of the United States of America. One man, Mike Pence, fulfilled his obligations.  As a result, he was called a coward and ridiculed. Instead of being rewarded for doing the right thing, he was exiled from Republican politics.  He has now been replaced by someone that has publicly stated that he would have violated his oath of office on that day.  We aren't quite 4 years removed from that day and people are either pretending that none of it happened or they are clearly signaling that they are ok with it if that is what it takes to have power.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, creed said:

I don't disagree with any of this at all.

2 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

I promise I won't ask about Pence. 

Why is George Bush, a two term Republican president, not attending? What about the 3 living Republican Vice Presidents: Quayle, Cheney, and .. some other guy, I forget. 

2012 pres nominee Mitt Romney?

None of them are there. Trump has completely ruined your party.

It's all about the dumb, mean spirited Trump sycophants now. I'm not a huge fan of anyone I mentioned but I'd take them any day over Gaetz, Kari Lake, Mark Robinson (remember when he said "some folks need killing" a week ago?), or that human garbage Marjorie Taylor Greene. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

It bothers you because you know that there is a problem there.  Somewhere deep down you know right from wrong.

10 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Give me one reason he wouldn't be relevant today.

Pence is a traditional republican and doesn’t care for the RNC platform. Especially abortion. You guys detest people that think like Pence.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/07/09/pence-slams-rnc-platform-abortion-00167169

“The RNC platform is a profound disappointment to the millions of pro-life Republicans that have always looked to the Republican Party to stand for life,” Pence said in a statement through his advocacy group Advancing American Freedom.

Pence took aim at Trump’s leave-it-to-the-states abortion stance in the statement Tuesday — without mentioning him directly — saying that “the right to life is not only a state issue; it is a moral issue, and our party must continue to speak with moral clarity and compassion.”

29 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Pence is a traditional republican and doesn’t care for the RNC platform. Especially abortion. You guys detest people that think like Pence.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/07/09/pence-slams-rnc-platform-abortion-00167169

“The RNC platform is a profound disappointment to the millions of pro-life Republicans that have always looked to the Republican Party to stand for life,” Pence said in a statement through his advocacy group Advancing American Freedom.

Pence took aim at Trump’s leave-it-to-the-states abortion stance in the statement Tuesday — without mentioning him directly — saying that “the right to life is not only a state issue; it is a moral issue, and our party must continue to speak with moral clarity and compassion.”

So Pence is irrelevant because Trump suddenly changed his mind on abortion? 

And there are no other Republicans that are angry because Trump changed his stance? 

That's pretty weak, Salty. Pence was pushed aside well before that.

21 hours ago, Leftfield said:

If Pence had done what Trump wanted on January 6, regardless of whether successful or not, would he still be relevant to the Republican Party today?

I think relevant is the wrong word. Irrelevant people don't run for President of the United States. The party started with 8 relevant candidates? One was nominated, but the other 7 were relevant. Perhaps not the choice, but relevant.

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

I think relevant is the wrong word. Irrelevant people don't run for President of the United States. The party started with 8 relevant candidates? One was nominated, but the other 7 were relevant. Perhaps not the choice, but relevant.

I would argue Pence was only considered for the simple fact he had been Vice President. Everyone knew he had no shot, because too many Republicans hated him. His making it into the debates was basically a pity ****.  

37 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

I would argue Pence was only considered for the simple fact he had been Vice President. Everyone knew he had no shot, because too many Republicans hated him. His making it into the debates was basically a pity ****.  

If we think back in time, none of them had a shot. It was always Trump. Many of us questioned why? Some of us even hoped for a third party. But again, at the end of the day, it was always Trump. 

6 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

If we think back in time, none of them had a shot. It was always Trump. Many of us questioned why? Some of us even hoped for a third party. But again, at the end of the day, it was always Trump. 

I agree.

Pence fell off very quickly, though. He didn't even make it to the final 6.

• Like 1

It’s quite funny reading this thread.   All of sudden you want to seem like you care about a republican.   That’s hilarious!    You only say anything about Pence because he didn’t question the results of the election.    Whether or not any choose to admit it, you deep down can’t stand him or any other Republican.   Pence is a firm believer in doing away with abortion and you would go after him if Jan 6 had never happened, just as you would any other Republican.   
To call out any Republican and not call out the same looney tunes Democrats is indicative of the left.   They don’t see the total hypocrisy in any thing that they say.   

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/17/2024 at 12:40 PM, I_M4_AU said:

Need I say more:

Sane, rational people with actual track records of governing, involved in healthy personal relationships and legacies of integrity: moved along for Kari Lake, Kid Rock, Hulk Hogan, MTG, and Boebert. 😂 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

involved in healthy personal relationships

By the way, did you hear Biden refer to General Lloyd Austin as *the black man* on BET network?

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Sane, rational people with actual track records of governing, involved in healthy personal relationships and legacies of integrity: moved along for Kari Lake, Kid Rock, Hulk Hogan, MTG, and Boebert. 😂 

What is interesting is Bush, Pence, Romney, Cheney, and Ryan were attacked constantly by Democrats, yet somehow they want them to speak now? That's rather rich yes?

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

What is interesting is Bush, Pence, Romney, Cheney, and Ryan were attacked constantly by Democrats, yet somehow they want them to speak now? That's rather rich yes?

I think there’s a difference between hating an ideology and being fearful of… downright creepy.

To be clear, Trump wants utter submission. Ability is irrelevant. Again, when Trump pushed Hershel walker, who literally had brain damage, for nothing else but his obedience -  the only priority is evident.

Any loyalty-test culture like this historically gets more bizarre and inept as time passes. The “cult” term has become tiresome and in some ways isn’t fair, but unfortunately in others it is.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I’m not a Democrat so I wouldn’t know. I have respect for all of them and casts votes for at least three of them either in Primaries or National elections. 

• Like 1