Where is Mike Pence? Did he betray his country?

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Is this satire?

No. Just pointing out to another poster that Desantis was run the ringer prior to Trump becoming the front runner. 

22 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

I don't acknowledge their gods.  Just mine.

And they don’t acknowledge yours. So y’all can all go lawless at the same time. Ought to be interesting. 

30 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

lasHebrews 10:25. Forsake not the assembling of yourselves together as the manner of some is (some being sinners & Christians who no longer attend church.   Also Psalm 122:1. I was glad when they said unto me, let us go unto the House of The Lord.

So you think those are laws from God? 

Note: The church was not around in the time of Psalms and I don't recall Jesus ever stating that going to church was a requirment. Is it important? Yes. Do I want and like to go? Yes. Is it required?  I don't think so. 

Edited by creed
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

And they don’t acknowledge yours. So y’all can all go lawless at the same time. Ought to be interesting. 

Debatable that multiple religions believe in the same God. Just different reasoning. 

10 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Debatable that multiple religions believe in the same God. Just different reasoning. 

:dunno:

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Your point / meaning.

That we can show decency and  respect other’s beliefs. More of a comment than anything.

Of  course you show no respect “myth”.

• Dislike 1

6 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

All right.  So I honestly don't know who Bob Casey is.

Next point:  I (wish) that every candidate running for President was a devout, born again Christian who put God 1st, and country second, and tried to live a righteous life, BUT, we both know the 2 men we have now as candidates do not fit that description.

You also left out a couple of scriptures that apply here.   God said "Give unto Caesar (government), what is Caesar's, and to God what belongs to God."

Since & when these 2 candidates don't exist we have no choice but to go on whomever we think will do the best job for our country, and their policies.

Now.  Since the assassination attempt last Saturday, and i am not implying anything here, I am just stating a fact that I know to be true.

Trump has declared with his tongue several times that there is a higher power than him (and said God's name specifically) that spared his life and he feels has a specific purpose for doing so, and also has proclaimed that he believes in Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior.  Whether you believe he is sincere or not is up to you.

There are only 2 entities that know for sure if he is sincere or not and that's Trump himself & the Lord God Almighty.

Honestly, I have never heard Joe Biden declare his faith; I have only heard him say he is associated with the Catholic Church. 

These are just facts.  Take them & run with them as you will.

FWIW... Biden is one of only a couple of Presidents to attend church regularly while in the White House going back to Jimmy Carter.  He is actually very outspoken about his faith, but sometimes people hear what they want to hear and see what they want to see.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55801307

8 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

FWIW... Biden is one of only a couple of Presidents to attend church regularly while in the White House going back to Jimmy Carter.  He is actually very outspoken about his faith, but sometimes people hear what they want to hear and see what they want to see.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55801307

No dawg. I honestly have never heard Joe Biden talk about his faith. I was not lying about that.

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Go ahead and borrow some popcorn from Lane Kiffin

1 hour ago, creed said:

So you think those are laws from God? 

Note: The church was not around in the time of Psalms and I don't recall Jesus ever stating that going to church was a requirment. Is it important? Yes. Do I want and like to go? Yes. Is it required?  I don't think so. 

All scripture is inspired by God.  Hebrews 10:25 is a commandment from God (starts with Forsake not; that is not a request)

No Psalm 122:5 is not a commandment. It is a verse from the Old Testament that is validated by Hebrews 10:25 in the New Testament.

19 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

“Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a disgrace to any people” (Proverbs 14:34)

Scripture calls on all us to submit ourselves to governing authorities as ministers of the Lord (Romans 13:1; 1 Peter 2:13)

It further says “Whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves” (Romans 13:2)

But also, governing authorities themselves are not exempt from the rule of law and must submit to the nation’s statutes, rather than mocking them (Romans 13:1; 1 Peter 2:14; Proverbs 19:28-29; 2 Samuel 12:7; Mark 6:17-18)

This is the baseline for a Christian approach to politics.

Some are willing to excuse or overlook immoral or illegal conduct by unrepentant public officials so long as the economy seems good, or they get the SCOTUS judges they want, or they have the views they like on immigration, etc.  But tolerance of serious wrong and immoral conduct by leaders scars the conscience of the culture, encourages unrestrained immorality and lawlessness in the society, and will surely result in God’s judgment if we persist in it (1 Kings 16:30; Isaiah 5:18-25).

The bottom line is this:  Moral character matters to God and should matter to all citizens, especially God’s people, when choosing public leaders.  Rather than make excuses when it's "our guy" we should all expect our government leaders to live by the highest standards of morality both in their private actions and in their public duties, and serve as models of moral excellence and character.  Regardless of what the other party does, we are to live by the conviction that character does count in public office, and to elect those officials and candidates who, although imperfect, demonstrate consistent honesty, moral clarity and the honorable character.

BTW, I didn't write most of this originally.  And the ones who did didn't write in in response to Donald Trump.

The Southern Baptist Convention wrote and passed it as a resolution at their 1998 annual denominational meeting.  It was in response to Bill Clinton's conduct and those making excuses for it because they liked his policies and the economy.

https://www.sbc.net/resource-library/resolutions/resolution-on-moral-character-of-public-officials/

11 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

No dawg. I honestly have never heard Joe Biden talk about his faith. I was not lying about that.

I will go out on a limb and state that Biden has gathered with other believers many...many more times than other candidates for the presidency. He may not be perfect but he's following your view of God's commandment on going to church. However, his best presidential days are behind him and he needs to retire.

12 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

That we can show decency and  respect other’s beliefs. More of a comment than anything.

Of  course you show no respect “myth”.

There you go again.  What does that last (incomplete) sentence mean and what does it have to with my respecting other's beliefs? 

Can I not respect another's beliefs without sharing them?  What about you respecting my beliefs? 

What an ironic thing for you to say (or at least imply). And typically passive aggressive.

Edited by homersapien

11 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

Perhaps he feels (rightly) that's not the job of the president of the united states.

20 minutes ago, homersapien said:

There you go again.  What does that last (incomplete) sentence mean and what does it have to with my respecting other's beliefs? 

Can I not respect another's beliefs without sharing them?  What about you respecting my beliefs? 

What an ironic thing for you to say (or at least imply). And typically passive aggressive.

I respect your beliefs. I have shared with you in the past that I believe science and God could coexist. You in previous conversations have called Christian beliefs and the Bible a myth. You have also made the comment as an additive in conversations that didn’t even warrant it. 

13 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

All scripture is inspired by God.  Hebrews 10:25 is a commandment from God (starts with Forsake not; that is not a request)

No Psalm 122:5 is not a commandment. It is a verse from the Old Testament that is validated by Hebrews 10:25 in the New Testament.

There are large portions of the Old Testament that are very much written by men without divine inspiration.

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

I respect your beliefs.

First, this is about you accusing me of not respecting your - or presumably - any other theists beliefs.  That is what you said. 

And the reason is apparently because I don't share them, which is what is so hypocritically ironic. 

I have shared with you in the past that I believe science and God could coexist.

This has nothing to do with the subject.  And I have never suggested otherwise regarding coexistance, but that's not up to me, that's up to the theists.

I do submit that whenever religion has conflicted with science, religion has been wrong. I have no reason to think that's going to change.

You in previous conversations have called Christian beliefs and the Bible a myth.

I believe that all theistic religions are ultimately based on human myth. 

How many gods have been invented over the course of human affairs and how many have been ultimately rejected - including by yourself?

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever beleived in.  Some of us just go one god further" -  Richard Dawkins

You have also made the comment as an additive in conversations that didn’t even warrant it. 

So I don't have the right to express my beliefs freely?

Are Christians restricted from expressing their beliefs freely?  (Note all the comments after Trump's near-miss. :-\)  Religious people constantly refer to their deity during the course of their daily affairs.  It doesn't offend me.  Hell, I appreciate their occasional offer to pray for me. 

Apparently, you are offended by me doing what  theists do.  Otherwise, you wouldn't have bothered to mention it as some sort of transgression or rudeness on my part.  And who are you to judge whether a point I am making about religious thinking is "warranted" in the first place?

Obviously You assume different rules for atheists than for theists. I suggest you conduct a little introspection and resist the urge to characterize others for disrespect simply because they don't fall in line with your values.  It's hypocritical. 

And the way you go about it is passive-aggressive.  I'd just as soon have one of the religious literalists on this forum accuse me for being in league with the devil and destined to burn in hell, or some such. 

At least they are up-front with their beliefs, bless their hearts. :-\

Edited by homersapien

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

There are large portions of the Old Testament that are very much written by men without divine inspiration.

I don't believe God would allow imperfect men to add their thoughts or beliefs to His Perfect Word.  You believe it if you want to.

Remember, " Our righteousness is as filthy rags"

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

This has nothing to do with the subject.  And I have never suggested otherwise.  I do submit that whenever religion conflict with science, religion is wrong.

I said God and science could coexist. Not religion. Big difference. 

I would never put you in the league with the devil. Not for me judge.

• Thanks 1