Where is Mike Pence? Did he betray his country?

6 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

The Republican Party has moved on from Pence; is that plan enough?

No its not for this guy.  I put in Bold ALL CAPS on page 1 of this dumpster fire of a thread that Pence is irrelevant to the Republican Party.  He will argue with you til the end of time about this stupidity if you let him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

No its not for this guy.  I put in Bold ALL CAPS on page 1 of this dumpster fire of a thread that Pence is irrelevant to the Republican Party.  He will argue with you til the end of time about this stupidity if you let him.

You could simply address the reason why he and Donald Trump parted ways, but you want to ignore that fact.  Their disagreement centers on right and wrong.  What is more important, a man or the constitution?  That is why the issue is important.  You can certainly make up a fairy tale and keep throwing out vague reasons that you know aren't the core of the problem.  I choose not to do that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Elon will put his money where his mouth is. He’s no taking it:

California is Marxist.

He has a transsexual daughter that he has no relationship with.  I'm sure it is personal in some way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

If Pence had done what Trump wanted on January 6, regardless of whether successful or not, would he still be relevant to the Republican Party today?

8 hours ago, Leftfield said:

If Pence had done what Trump wanted on January 6, regardless of whether successful or not, would he still be relevant to the Republican Party today?

Nobody on Earth knows.  Only God in Heaven knows.

• Facepalm 1

30 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Give me one reason he wouldn't be relevant today.

Bottom line this thread is not relevant to current happenings in the republican party today and Pence has too much class to make up a non issue to create drama based on the past.  

MSN is just trying to throw shade. Pence would agree.

Edited by creed
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, creed said:

Bottom line this thread is not relevant to current happenings in the republican party today and Pence has too much class to make up a non issue to create drama based on the past.  

MSN is just trying to throw shade. Pence would agree.

Pence has publicly stated that he would not vote for Trump.  It is not throwing shade to discuss WHY.  In fact, not discussing it is simply giving a pass to Trump for his actions that were nothing short of a self serving attempt to retain power unlawfully.

All the values crap is nothing but empty words if a party refuses to address that issue. It may not be relevant in today's Republican party, but it is very relevant to American politics and the importance of free and fair elections. 

If the idea is to win at any cost, even if that cost means illegally changing outcomes, there is a problem.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

So on that issue, we should throw our common sense out the window?  We are hopefully smarter than that.

15 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Pence has publicly stated that he would not vote for Trump.  It is not throwing shade to discuss WHY.  In fact, not discussing it is simply giving a pass to Trump for his actions that were nothing short of a self serving attempt to retain power unlawfully.

All the values crap is nothing but empty words if a party refuses to address that issue. It may not be relevant in today's Republican party, but it is very relevant to American politics and the importance of free and fair elections. 

If the idea is to win at any cost, even if that cost means illegally changing outcomes, there is a problem.

Why? Maybe Pence liked one of the other candidates better (Haley, DeSantis, etc.) or thinks Trump is too old like Biden, and will write someone in. If Pence thought is was important I'm sure he would discuss it and MSN would be there eager to take notes.

Right now MSN is just throwing shade. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

So on that issue, we should throw our common sense out the window?  We are hopefully smarter than that.

He was asking for absolutes, where there is only speculation.

Example:  So if I had asked 10 people (no matter Dem or Republican) immediately after Vance made his very negative comments about Trump---Will Vance be Trump's VP running mate in the year 2024?  How many of the 10 would have said YES?  Common Sense Answer:0, Zilch, None, Nern (as my grandma used to say) But yet here we are.

I can't speak for anybody else, but as far as I'm concerned, we replaced a weenie with a man with balls.

18 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Example:  So if I had asked 10 people (no matter Dem or Republican) immediately after Vance made his very negative comments about Trump---Will Vance be Trump's VP running mate in the year 2024?  How many of the 10 would have said YES?  Common Sense Answer:0, Zilch, None, Nern (as my grandma used to say) But yet here we are.

I can't speak for anybody else, but as far as I'm concerned, we replaced a weenie with a man with balls.

For the record I don't think Pence is a weenie. After four years it was apparent, to me,  he was not a good VP match for Trump. But like a good soldier he stayed the course and did his job, stay focused, and steady during those four years. 

Edited by creed

14 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

I've yet to meet someone not appalled by the events of that day. And there's universal agreement those who were violent that day deserve their due punishment. It wasn't trivial and I don't know anyone that says otherwise.

Seriously?  Many Republicans have alluded to "political prisoners".

The first thing Trump will do is pardon them.

13 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

A Yale law school graduate with no respect for our constitution.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Answer this, then...when did Pence become irrelevant?

Also, why did he become irrelevant? The only complaints Republicans ever had about him were that he was not very charismatic. His policy positions were very popular, and he never deviated from them.

17 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Which is what Trump supporters really care about, isn't it? Doesn't matter that he endorsed an action that was clearly against the Constitution, as long as he will not compromise on what they want, right? That's balls. Compromise is just weenie talk!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Seriously?  Many Republicans have alluded to "political prisoners".

The first thing Trump will do is pardon them.

They are not alluding to the violent contingency. 

To paraphrase, when asked about pardons he stated  "Not all of them. Some of them did some bad things."

45 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

They are not alluding to the violent contingency. 

To paraphrase, when asked about pardons he stated  "Not all of them. Some of them did some bad things."

Define "violent contingency".  Is trespassing and/or making threats included?  Trashing a legislature's office?  s***ting on the floor?

Show me a list of people who were over-"charged" and let's look.

Edited by homersapien

30 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Define "violent contingency".  Is trespassing and/or making threats included?  Trashing a legislature's office?  s***ting on the floor?

Show me a list of people who were over-"charged" and let's look.

A database is available for you to see charges against each individual. 

I can't make determinations for you.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

You replaced a man that refused to shirk his constitutional duty for one that has no problem with doing so.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, creed said:

Why? Maybe Pence liked one of the other candidates better (Haley, DeSantis, etc.) or thinks Trump is too old like Biden, and will write someone in. If Pence thought is was important I'm sure he would discuss it and MSN would be there eager to take notes.

Right now MSN is just throwing shade. 

Mike Pence in his own words...

"But the American people deserve to know that on that day, President Trump also demanded that I choose between him and the constitution," he said.

"Now, voters will be faced with the same choice: I chose the constitution and I always will."

He added that Mr Trump's actions on 6 January should disqualify him from returning to power.

"I believe that anyone who puts themselves over the constitution should never be president of the United States," he said.

"And anyone who asked someone else to put them over the constitution should never be president of the United States again."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65839793

How much clearer could it be?  The problem is that Republican voters never hear those words watching Fox and OAN and it certainly doesn't get mentioned on Facebook.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Mike Pence in his own words...

"But the American people deserve to know that on that day, President Trump also demanded that I choose between him and the constitution," he said.

"Now, voters will be faced with the same choice: I chose the constitution and I always will."

He added that Mr Trump's actions on 6 January should disqualify him from returning to power.

"I believe that anyone who puts themselves over the constitution should never be president of the United States," he said.

"And anyone who asked someone else to put them over the constitution should never be president of the United States again."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65839793

How much clearer could it be?  The problem is that Republican voters never hear those words watching Fox and OAN and it certainly doesn't get mentioned on Facebook.

Okay then maybe this another reason, but what does that have to do with right now?  

However it appears you’re looking for a specific answer to satisfy your republican hatred. So why don’t you give us the answer you’re looking for and it will save a lot of server memory. 

Edited by creed
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

You believe that it takes more character to lie, cheat and steal in order to advance an agenda and retain power than to abide by the results of a valid election.  That isn't character or having balls, that is actually cowardice and capitulation.  Real character makes the right decision, without regard to whether it is the most personally beneficial thing to do or not.

• Like 1

Just now, creed said:

Okay then maybe this another reason, but what does that have to do with right now?  

However it appears you’re looking for a specific answer to satisfy your republican hatred. So why don’t you give us the answer you’re looking for a save a lot of server memory. 

There is no Republican hatred.  I voted in the Republican primary and I voted for the Republican governor of Georgia 2 years ago.  The issue is simply being ignored by Republicans.  I believe that it is an issue as important as any issue when Donald Trump is on the ticket.  He has shown his lack of respect and willingness to throw any thing and anyone under the bus to promote his own personal interests.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

There is no Republican hatred.  I voted in the Republican primary and I voted for the Republican governor of Georgia 2 years ago.  The issue is simply being ignored by Republicans.  I believe that it is an issue as important as any issue when Donald Trump is on the ticket.  He has shown his lack of respect and willingness to throw any thing and anyone under the bus to promote his own personal interests.

Has Pence complained about being ignored? Maybe he likes it the way it is. 

• Love 1

41 minutes ago, creed said:

Has Pence complained about being ignored? Maybe he likes it the way it is. 

Am I mistaken, or did Pence not get booed off the stage during the Republican Primary Debate?

Maybe if 9377 sent Pence a big bouquet of flowers, it would make both of them feel better.