Donald Trump Protection act

Typical leftist thinking.  Assasinations, murder and assault are already crimes; why would they need even more regulation to prevent what is already illegal?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Typical leftist thinking.  Assasinations, murder and assault are already crimes; why would they need even more regulation to prevent what is already illegal?

We need am AR-15 in every home and in every car trunk in America.  Think about how much safer we would be....

19 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

We need am AR-15 in every home and in every car trunk in America.  Think about how much safer we would be....

I’m glad you have come around.  Now lets get these others to see the light.  :hellyeah:

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Are you serious. You could literally use that analogy with any crime ever. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

I’m not sure what industry you work in, but have you ever heard of an AHA report? If so you’ll recognize that area that says “controls”. As in what controls can you use to limit the likelihood of a hazard from occurring.

“Falls off a ladder is already a hazard, why would you have a person holding it on the bottom or tie it off?”

Does that statement make sense^^^^

Edited by AuCivilEng1

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

IMG_3341.jpeg

Be fine here. Would have no problem getting assault rifles off the street. Just want to see the plan on taking them from the “ Bad guys”. 

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

I am building one for coyote hunting. I'll add a THOR for night vision. And yes, I'll buy a 30-round clip for home defense. I mean why not? Ever seen a perp with a red or green laser dot on their chest?;D

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m not sure what industry you work in, but have you ever heard of an AHA report? If so you’ll recognize that area that says “controls”. As in what controls can you use to limit the likelihood of a hazard from occurring.

“Falls off a ladder is already a hazard, why would you have a person holding it on the bottom or tie it off?”

I was in the airline industry as a pilot and check airman (instructor) and yes, we were constantly fighting complacency.  No matter what *rule* we had in place there were pilots that ignored or did not put those rules in the correct priority.

This is a lot different than making laws to accomplish what most know is wrong.  Adding laws that enhance what is already illegal is political show.   What you are talking about is technique to do the job better.  In aviation there are laws that involve known and unchanging facts.  Gravity, thrust, drag, airspeed and so on.  Everything else is technique to do the job more efficiently.

For instance one airline may have a different checklist than another even though it is the same aircraft.  If an engine fails, some airlines have the pilot flying guard the good engine thrust lever and the pilot not flying retards the failed engine thrust lever.  Others do it just the opposite.

We just need to enforce the laws we have on the books.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I was in the airline industry as a pilot and check airman (instructor) and yes, we were constantly fighting complacency.  No matter what *rule* we had in place there were pilots that ignored or did not put those rules in the correct priority.

This is a lot different than making laws to accomplish what most know is wrong.  Adding laws that enhance what is already illegal is political show.   What you are talking about is technique to do the job better.  In aviation there are laws that involve known and unchanging facts.  Gravity, thrust, drag, airspeed and so on.  Everything else is technique to do the job more efficiently.

For instance one airline may have a different checklist than another even though it is the same aircraft.  If an engine fails, some airlines have the pilot flying guard the good engine thrust lever and the pilot not flying retards the failed engine thrust lever.  Others do it just the opposite.

We just need to enforce the laws we have on the books.

It would be refreshing. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

IMG_3341.jpeg

I chuckled; it would have been funnier to say ... and watch Republicans vote for it.

13 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Good luck with applying logic with this fool. ;)

19 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

I am building one for coyote hunting. I'll add a THOR for night vision. And yes, I'll buy a 30-round clip for home defense. I mean why not? Ever seen a perp with a red or green laser dot on their chest?;D

Please don't "loan" it to your teen age son.

(And if that's your idea of a good "home defense" weapon, I hope each room in your house has bullet proof walls (as well as your neighbors). :-\

Edited by homersapien

I always felt AR-15s were a symptom of a small penis insecurity. Like red Ferraris with rich guys. Over compensation stuff.  

That being said, any rifle could have been used on this attempt. Hunting rifle ect. My issue with assault rifles is their mag capacity and mass kill potential. Which wasn’t relevant in this case.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Please don't "loan" it to your teen age son.

(And if that's your idea of a good "home defense" weapon, I hope each room in y our house as bullet proof walls (as well as your neighbors). :-\

I heard that. 

That was tongue-in-cheek. 

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

This is exactly what I am talking about.  This was a result of an emotional response to a nasty situation.  Legal experts debunked the thinking that the VP has the authority to halt a vote and in the past there have been objection from both sides when votes didn’t go their way.  It was a way to express their point of view in front of the people.

It silences that point of view and then there is no reason to even hold the Electoral College Vote.  It is also interesting that it was passed as a part of the government spending package, which basically means there was not going to be an objection to the bill enough to hold up that package.

13 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I always felt AR-15s were a symptom of a small penis insecurity. Like red Ferraris with rich guys. Over compensation stuff.  

So that's why the military used them. ;D  And for the record, they can be very inexpensive to buy/build. Under $1000. A 223 is a great varmint round and the AR15 platform works very well for this application. Especially when mounting thermal scopes. 

A Ferrari? Probably find you a Stradale in Atlanta for $500k used. 

25 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

That being said, any rifle could have been used on this attempt. Hunting rifle ect. My issue with assault rifles is their mag capacity and mass kill potential. Which wasn’t relevant in this case.

I haven't heard it mentioned, but I wonder if the dad is looking at charges? Has to have some responsibility I presume.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

So that's why the military used them. ;D  And for the record, they can be very inexpensive to buy/build.

We’re not in the military. It’s a pointless weapon for civilian use - you can kill pests with a 22 or an air rifle - unless maybe you’ve  got a pride of lions infestation.

Theres a reason it’s the consistent weapon of choice for almost every wacko. And subsequent tragedy. Cheap bad ass wannabe killing machines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

We’re not in the military. It’s a pointless weapon for civilian use - you can kill pests with a 22 or an air rifle - unless maybe you’ve  got a pride of lions infestation.

Theres a reason it’s the consistent weapon of choice for almost every wacko. And subsequent tragedy. Cheap bad ass wannabe killing machines.

You’re that mythical creature— the Aaron Sorkin Republican.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

It’s a pointless weapon for civilian use

You're not alone in that thought. Many others don't appreciate the infringement. There are an estimated 20 million in civilian hands in the US. 

31 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

you can kill pests with a 22 or an air rifle

In 24 years of service, I became comfortable with them and consistently qualified as an expert. That required a minimum of 36 hits out of 40 at distances up to 300 meters with basic iron sights. There is no doubt they can be deadly. The .223 is excellent for coyotes. 

40 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Theres a reason it’s the consistent weapon of choice for almost every wacko. And subsequent tragedy.

Can't argue the point. 

43 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Cheap bad ass wannabe killing machines.

Not all are cheap. My hunting partner who got me into coyote hunting has $8500 invested including his thermal scope. 

• Facepalm 1

14 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

You're not alone in that thought. Many others don't appreciate the infringement. There are an estimated 20 million in civilian hands in the US. 

In 24 years of service, I became comfortable with them and consistently qualified as an expert. That required a minimum of 36 hits out of 40 at distances up to 300 meters with basic iron sights. There is no doubt they can be deadly. The .223 is excellent for coyotes. 

Can't argue the point. 

Not all are cheap. My hunting partner who got me into coyote hunting has $8500 invested including his thermal scope. 

Thank you for your many years of service.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Can't argue the point. 

This is i get. Purposeful. Classic civilian 2nd amendment intent.

image.jpeg.9b54d5a47509f3f3e91c6784a79650c7.jpeg

vs

50 rounds in 50 secs before reload with edgy designs is a billboard for crazy. IMO Was not the intent of the founders. I’ll leave it a that.

image.thumb.jpeg.ee9b90dc6532a91503dbd57aba0cafd1.jpeg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

This is i get. Purposeful. Classic civilian 2nd amendment intent.

image.jpeg.9b54d5a47509f3f3e91c6784a79650c7.jpeg

vs

50 rounds in 50 secs before reload with edgy designs is a billboard for crazy. IMO Was not the intent of the founders. I’ll leave it a that.

image.thumb.jpeg.ee9b90dc6532a91503dbd57aba0cafd1.jpeg

I get it and again, you are not alone in your thoughts.