Auburn in MLB draft

Names to watch:

RHP - Gatwood 

RHP - Chatterton

C - Fralick

OF - “Bub” Terrell

INF - Rembert

Would be huge to get these guys to campus. 

Gatwood selected by Angles 19th round. Wonder what the money will be and if he comes to AU or goes pro. 

4 hours ago, warbiscuit said:

Will Cannon drafted by Reds in 12th round

1 hour ago, FUZZYAUFAN said:

Gatwood selected by Angles 19th round. Wonder what the money will be and if he comes to AU or goes pro. 

Fralick drafted by padres in round 20

Terrell drafted by blue jays in 19th round

I hope these guys all decide to come to Auburn and experience college life/baseball before heading to the pros...

5 hours ago, Golden Eagle said:

I hope these guys all decide to come to Auburn and experience college life/baseball before heading to the pros...

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I guess Bobby Pierce and Joseph Gonzalez are done with baseball as neither was drafted?  Hate that both were plagued with injuries that sound like they were career-ending.

1 hour ago, Golden Eagle said:

I guess Bobby Pierce and Joseph Gonzalez are done with baseball as neither was drafted?  Hate that both were plagued with injuries that sound like they were career-ending.

You can always sign as a free agent. You don’t have to be drafted 

Butch and his staff did some serious work with this year’s recruiting class. Should be some immediate contributors among them. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Golden Eagle said:

Joseph Gonzalez still has another year of eligibility if he wants to come back. 

2 hours ago, aubaseball said:

You can always sign as a free agent. You don’t have to be drafted 

True, but I tried to find any news about either of them and didn't come up with anything.   Would love to see it happen for both of them, just doesn't seem likely.  Thought Pierce in particular might have a chance with his cannon from right field to the infield before his injury this year.

45 minutes ago, WDE1976 said:

Joseph Gonzalez still has another year of eligibility if he wants to come back. 

Thanks, didn't know that.  Just checked the 2024 roster and he was a redshirt junior, not a senior as I had thought.   It's my understanding that he had surgery after the 2023 season ended and then still couldn't throw in 2024 (I know he pitched a few games but not to his previous standard).  Don't know whether that was because he was still in pain or lost his touch or what.  I always root for AU athletes, but especially for poor kids who have a chance to give themselves, and often their families, a better life.  Would love to see him back at AU next season if he can still pitch.

• Like 1

Christian Herberholtz and Cooper Weiss signed UDFA deals with the Orioles and Padres, respectively. Also for former Auburn guys, Carson Swilling signed a UDFA deal with the Padres and Carter Frederick was drafted by the Royals in the 20th round.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, warbiscuit said:

Christian Herberholtz and Cooper Weiss signed UDFA deals with the Orioles and Padres, respectively. Also for former Auburn guys, Carson Swilling signed a UDFA deal with the Padres and Carter Frederick was drafted by the Royals in the 20th round.

Happy for Herbie and Cooper but would’ve loved to have had them for one more year. Hope to see them make the big show in the future. 

• Like 1