The Secret Service Failed

46 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

FOX News brought up those questions in the segment, sometimes you have to listen to what was said before you assume the worst.

Beat me to it. Thanks!

• Like 1

There are a lot of good questions being asked and not a lot of good answers are being provided. 

One thing I have learned is never to assume ill intent on the part of an individual or organization where incompetence runs rampant. 

Edited by JMWATS
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

FOX News brought up those questions in the segment, sometimes you have to listen to what was said before you assume the worst.

That is exactly how I knew the title was misleading..........

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

I just got off a briefing with the Secret Service and FBI. I am appalled to learn that the Secret Service knew about a threat prior to President Trump walking on stage. I have no confidence in the leadership of Director Cheatle and believe it is in the best interest of our nation if she steps down from her position.

Unbelievable.  Why have him on stage if they knew it was a threat?

• Thanks 1

Just now, AU9377 said:

That is exactly how I knew the title was misleading..........

Titles are always misleading.

Case in point:

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I just got off a briefing with the Secret Service and FBI. I am appalled to learn that the Secret Service knew about a threat prior to President Trump walking on stage. I have no confidence in the leadership of Director Cheatle and believe it is in the best interest of our nation if she steps down from her position.

Unbelievable.  Why have him on stage if they knew it was a threat?

Wow, just wow. No way this woman keeps her job:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Oh it was a grand conspiracy... BULL CRAP.  By all means, form a committee and spend a few million to tell us all what we already know.  The American way.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 7/17/2024 at 6:40 PM, I_M4_AU said:

Titles are always misleading.

Case in point:

This is just too obvious from CNN. This is the frickin plane channel. THEY OVERREACT TO EVERYTHING. They intentionally call this just a "trump fall?" WTF people?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Oh it was a grand conspiracy... BULL CRAP.  By all means, form a committee and spend a few million to tell us all what we already know.  The American way.

No, its the Democrat way.  Biden won’t fire anybody for not doing a good job.  In his administration some people are unfireable.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

No, its the Democrat way.  Biden won’t fire anybody for not doing a good job.  In his administration some people are unfireable.

I mean, the border says hello. 

And can we be honest here? Ever notice how 77 picks and chooses which comittees he has problems spending millions? So disingenuous.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Blah blah blah.........  If you want to talk about retention of employees in an administration, perhaps we should discuss why Trump's VP, Secretary of Defense, and others say he is unfit for office.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

I mean, the border says hello. 

And can we be honest here? Ever notice how 77 picks and chooses which comittees he has problems spending millions? So disingenuous.

Any sane person should see some things as needing to be investigated while others are a dog and pony show. 

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Blah blah blah.........  If you want to talk about retention of employees in an administration, perhaps we should discuss why Trump's VP, Secretary of Defense, and others say he is unfit for office.

Dont forget that according to Chuck Todd, NBC News/Meet the Press, senior members of the Biden Cabinet have been saying it for over two years now about Biden. 

Edited by DKW 86

2 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Dont forget that according to Chuck Todd, NBC News/Meet the Press, senior members of the Biden Cabinet have been saying it for over two years now about Biden. 

Unfit and should not run are not the same.  Even so, I am not sure what the difference really makes?  We have known for a very long time that we will be forced to choose between a man that needs to retire and a man that showed us for 4 years why he shouldn't be President.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

There has been a lot of random guy/gals reporting on this.  It doesn’t make it true.  Same with the random guys/gals reporting Joe is stepping down by Sunday.  Time will tell.  She is supposed to testify on Monday about the events on #J13.

5 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Unfit and should not run are not the same.  Even so, I am not sure what the difference really makes?  We have known for a very long time that we will be forced to choose between a man that needs to retire and a man that showed us for 4 years why he shouldn't be President.

Sad but true. I hear we now have a choice between a woman who needs to learn how to speak in public and here because she was Willy Brown's side piece and a man that showed us for 4 years why he shouldn't be President.

8 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Cheatle needs to resign is she is not going to be fired. 

Her biggest fan just resigned…..I mean stepped down….I mean her husband is not running for president anymore.

On 7/17/2024 at 4:03 PM, Cardin Drake said:

#5 CBS News is reporting that the counter-sniper team inside the building took note of Thomas Matthew Crooks three different times prior to the shooting…

One of the snipers inside saw Thomas Matthew Crooks outside and looking up at the roof, observing the building and disappearing, a local law enforcement officer tells CBS News.

Crooks came back, sat down and looked at his phone. At that point, one of the snipers took a picture of him. Crooks took out a rangefinder and the sniper radioed to the command post. Crooks disappeared again and then came back a third time with a backpack. The snipers called in with information that he had a backpack and said he was walking towards the back of the building.

It gets worse. So now it comes out that there were also LEO snipers on the 2nd floor of the building right next to the one the attempted assassin used. Witnesses made video statements that they saw them several times in the 2 windows. That would have put them approximately 40 feet from the would be assassin. Of course we all saw the snipers over by the stage who had the assassin in their sights. The question is too obvious and it's one of hundreds of others.

Why didn't either set of sniper teams take the shot BEFORE the assassin fired his weapon ?

Edited by IronMan70
  • Like 1

Bumping this since today is Cheatle's day to appear before Congress in what should be her final day as USSS director (it probably won't be, but it should...actually should have done the proper thing and resigned about 8 days ago).

Some highlights from the hearing so far. AOC gets a lot of ridicule, but she was asking the right questions today, as was Ro Khanna. There were some that dove straight into the "guns r bad, mmkay?" routine (Tlaib, Raskin), but overall they've gotten after Cheatle pretty good, which they absolutely should have.  This was the biggest Secret Service failure in decades.

AOC:

Nancy Mace (another one who catches justifiable grief):

Pat Fallon:

Edited by SLAG-91

Unbelievable stonewalling.  The funniest moment was when she enraged a democrat lawmaker who was trying to make the hearing an anti-gun crusade.   He kept asking her if the widespread availability of AR-15's made her job easier or harder.  She wouldn't make the layup and kept not answering the question. He must have asked it six or eight times in a row getting madder and madder that she wouldn't give him a straight answer.   I turned it off after that. It was clear she wasn't going to answer any question that was asked. Infuriating.