No different thinking than radical Muslims

“You are either on the side of God or the side of the Devil,” said Miranda Zapor Cruz, a theologian at Indiana Wesleyan University, summing up the rhetoric. “If you are on the side of the Devil, then just about anything can be justified to cast you out, to eradicate your influence. And, for some people, that ‘just about anything’ would include physical violence.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/pro-trump-christian-extremists-use-scripture-to-justify-violent-goals/ar-BB1pVjZo

• Like 1

The promotion of propaganda like this article is why people burst in to churches and start shooting.  Keep at it you hateful imbecile. 

Edited by JMWATS

5 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

“You are either on the side of God or the side of the Devil,” said Miranda Zapor Cruz, a theologian at Indiana Wesleyan University, summing up the rhetoric. “If you are on the side of the Devil, then just about anything can be justified to cast you out, to eradicate your influence. And, for some people, that ‘just about anything’ would include physical violence.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/pro-trump-christian-extremists-use-scripture-to-justify-violent-goals/ar-BB1pVjZo

Brother Homer has already posted this one a few threads below. Good day to jump on those damn Christians I suppose. 

• Like 1

The deflection and down playing of yesterday’s event is happening.  So predictable.

12 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Brother Homer has already posted this one a few threads below. Good day to jump on those damn Christians I suppose. 

Just the violent ones, Salty. Didn’t think I was stepping on your toes, but you reveal another layer daily. 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JMWATS said:

The promotion of propaganda like this article is why people burst in to churches and start shooting.  Keep at it you hateful imbecile. 

Are you suggesting this "theologian" from Wesleyan University didn't say what he did, or are you suggesting it's better to stick your head in the sand and just ignore it?

Evil is done when good men do nothing.

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

So, you agree with Mr. Cruz?

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

The deflection and down playing of yesterday’s event is happening.  So predictable.

Only in the mind of someone who wants to believe that.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, JMWATS said:

"Propaganda"?  :dunno:  

That was hate speech, pure and simple. And the only one "promoting" it is the one speaking it.

31 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Actually Ms Cruz. I would probably agree in part with what she says and disagree on other parts. Really don’t know enough about her. 

https://mirandazaporcruz.com/

Well, let's try to narrow that down.  Assuming she said it, would you agree with this:

And more to the point, is opposing such rhetoric "anti-Christian" (as you suggested)?

Edited by homersapien

21 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Assuming she said it, would you agree with this:

Assuming? According to the article she did say it. Probably cherry picked from her books. Harsh but she is correct. “ some people” could be provoked into physical violence. You quoting Bible verses that you nothing about is a provocation. 

18 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Assuming? According to the article she did say it. Probably cherry picked from her books. Harsh but she is correct. “ some people” could be provoked into physical violence. You quoting Bible verses that you (know?) nothing about is a provocation. 

Excuse me, but - assuming you left out the word "know" - are you suggesting that my use of the term "sow the wind reap the whirlwind" is sufficient provocation for you - or some other Christian - to provoke physical violence against me?  :o

More to the point, do you think that's a reasonable - much less Christian - state of mind?

Edited by homersapien

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Excuse me, but - assuming you left out the word "know" - are you suggesting that my use of the term "sow the wind reap the whirlwind" is sufficient provocation for you - or some other Christian - to provoke physical violence against me?  :o

More to the point, how do you feel about that?

Do you think that's a reasonable - much less Christian - state of mind?

No, of course not. Just saying that even here provocation exist. 

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

What do you mean by "even here"?

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Would you say such provocation is essentially religious-based (per the point in the OP title)?

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

What do you mean by "even here"?

Here, this board. What do you think I mean? Our conversation? 

11 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Would you say such provocation is essentially religious-based (per the point in the OP title)?

Sure it is but that is ok.Tex knew it would draw some strong reactions.

4 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Here, this board. What do you think I mean? Our conversation? 

OK, that's what I thought you meant but wasn't sure.  It could have meant this country (for example).

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

Sure it is but that is ok. Tex knew it would draw some strong reactions.

As it should.  It's very dangerous thinking.

I contend that much of religious thinking is dangerous.  It's one of the reasons I reject religion.  It reveals the real and inherent danger and threat of "Christian Nationalism"/Christofascism.

(And that is not an attack on Christianity or an attempt to "jump on those damn Christians" as you said.) :-\

IMG_4199.jpeg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

As it should.  It's very dangerous thinking.

I contend that much of religious thinking is dangerous.  It's one of the reasons I reject religion.  It reveals the real and inherent danger and threat of "Christian Nationalism"/Christofascism.

(And that is not an attack on Christianity or an attempt to "jump on those damn Christians" as you said.) :-\

Nothing wrong with rejecting “religion”. You being an atheist or agnostic I can understand you being scared and feeling danger.

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Nothing wrong with rejecting “religion”. You being an atheist or agnostic I can understand you being scared and feeling danger.

Thank you.

Glad you understand. Self-delusion can be far more comfortable than the truth.

Edited by homersapien

On 7/14/2024 at 9:01 PM, homersapien said:

Thank you.

Glad you understand. Self-delusion can be far more comfortable than the truth.

And you are usually the most comfortable person on this board....:wavey: