Former President Trump Shot, Two Dead, at Rally in Pennsylvania

This is the political world created by the two party failure. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

How the sniper team that took him out didn't spot the shooter before he took the shots is a major unknown at this time. They had the higher position. There are also reports that some people saw the shooter crawling around up there and reported it to cops/SS up to 5 minutes before hand. Media has some of those people on video interviews. Obviously facts are developing by the hour.

UGnxgp31x2Db.jpeg

I saw the video of the counter sniper team that took out the shooter, and given the speed of the follow up shot, they were practically zeroed in on the shooter before he shot.  I’m not implying they let him take the shot - they may have saw “something” and were trying to see if it was a threat or not, I really don’t know, but failing to secure that building seems like an obvious mistake.  

Some people are alleging that the security detail may have been undermanned. Allegations have been made that Mayoraks denied requests for additional security - that hasn’t been confirmed as of yet.  Also, supposedly once Trump was officially the Republican nominee (after the convention) resources for his detail are increased.   

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GoAU said:

Dont disagree, but there’s only been one party calling their opponents Nazis, fascists, and a “threat to democracy” for the last 7-8 years….

The other party just mentions stupid policy, Alzheimer’s, and corruption.  

Look man, this s*** is happening on both sides of the aisle.  One side yells "Nazi" and "fascist" while the other side yells "communist" and "dictator."  One shoots at Trump and a congressman at a softball game.  The other forms a violent mob and storms the Capitol looking wanting to string up Pence and Pelosi and attempts a kidnapping and possible murder of the governor of Michigan.

What is consistent is the disconnect in the brains of people that don't understand that violent language leads to violent actions because not everyone has the emotional capacity to separate the two.  We have got to turn down the heat on our political rhetoric and discussions in this country.  We've got to stop the tactics of using razor thin majorities to ramrod one side's policies down the throat of the country rather than seeing slim majorities as an indication that the country wants and needs us to work with the other side to forge some blended solutions and compromises.  The zero-sum game we've been increasingly playing over the last 20 years or so has got to stop.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Facepalm 1

9 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

No homer. You are crazy if you have forgotten practically every post you have made regarding Trump in the last 7 years. I remember what you have said over and over. Denying it now is flat cowardice. You are pathetically spineless.

Hell, he's like Biden cant remember one moment to the next. He shot his mouth 1001 times in Whataboutisms on this forum. It is about the only thing he does. He just cant figure out how to stay on topic.

8 hours ago, autigeremt said:

This is the political world created by the two party failure. 

Welcome to my world. My FB wall is a sea of Lefty Conspiracy Theories. I mean s*** you couldn't make up if you tried. LOONEY TUNES.

THIS is what two failed parties have brought us:
Two complete losers for nominees.
Crazy AF failed businessman vs President Sh!tz His Pants.
Assasination Attempts. And 40 years of failed policies.
Homeless people in the streets. Drug addicts given needles.
Mindless zero accountability for elected persons, but pensions for life for all of them.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

No homer. You are crazy if you have forgotten practically every post you have made regarding Trump in the last 7 years. I remember what you have said over and over. Denying it now is flat cowardice. You are pathetically spineless.

You are lying. I don't deny anything I have posted. I stand by every word.

Trump is clearly an authoritarian with plans to institute the "unitary executive" theory.  He has said as much.  I believe him. He admires such authoritarians world wide.  It's quite clear he wants to emulate them.  His 2025 plan remains as a direct threat to our democracy.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

You are lying. I don't deny anything I have posted. 

Trump is clearly an authoritarian with plans to institute the "unitary executive".  He has said as much.  I believe him. He admires such authoritarians world wide.  It's quite clear he wants to emulate them.  His 2025 plan remains as a direct threat to our democracy.

trump has denied and even openly disagreed with 2025. Hell, even I know that and couldn't care less what trump says about anything. My understanding is that 2025 is basically a proposed Republican platform from a think tank. In case anyone missed this piece of reality/fact/truth, platforms are where party policy wonks masturbate all over a ream of paper that no one reads/discusses/nor implements. They are really & truly meaningless wastes of paper. They are things your opponents drag out when they are losing and know it.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Just now, PUB78 said:

The real and present threats to democracy are coming from the Left and the Democrats.

OK fine.

49 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Welcome to my world. My FB wall is a sea of Lefty Conspiracy Theories. I mean s*** you couldn't make up if you tried. LOONEY TUNES.

THIS is what two failed parties have brought us:
Two complete losers for nominees.
Crazy AF failed businessman vs President Sh!tz His Pants.
Assasination Attempts. And 40 years of failed policies.
Homeless people in the streets. Drug addicts given needles.
Mindless zero accountability for no elected person but pensions for life them.

BOOM!

32 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You are lying. I don't deny anything I have posted. I stand by every word.

Trump is clearly an authoritarian with plans to institute the "unitary executive".  He has said as much.  I believe him. He admires such authoritarians world wide.  It's quite clear he wants to emulate them.  His 2025 plan remains as a direct threat to our democracy.

2025 Plan. Unreal. You are what you claim others are. 

6 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

2025 Plan. Unreal. You are what you claim others are. 

What exactly is "unreal" about it?   It exists.  Look it up.  We can discuss the particulars.

And what am I?

Edited by homersapien

16 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

The real and present threats to democracy are coming from the Left and the Democrats.

Curious - how? Trump is obvious in that he wouldn’t transition power, weakened public trust in institutions, and other more subtle measures.  But with the Dems I don’t get it - deep state corruption stuff?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Trump is obvious in that he wouldn’t transition power,

I’m sorry; What????  Did not Biden take the presidency on Jan 20th in 2021 and held that office until the present?  Hasn’t that same president that took office saying he would bring the country together go on to ratchet up the MAGA rhetoric and further divide the county to the point even you hate anything MAGA?

KD2SD:  Kill Democracy to Save Democracy. You have bought in.

2 hours ago, GoAU said:

I saw the video of the counter sniper team that took out the shooter, and given the speed of the follow up shot, they were practically zeroed in on the shooter before he shot.  I’m not implying they let him take the shot - they may have saw “something” and were trying to see if it was a threat or not, I really don’t know, but failing to secure that building seems like an obvious mistake.  

Some people are alleging that the security detail may have been undermanned. Allegations have been made that Mayoraks denied requests for additional security - that hasn’t been confirmed as of yet.  Also, supposedly once Trump was officially the Republican nominee (after the convention) resources for his detail are increased.   

Watching that does make you wonder if the SS sniper let him take the shot.  Probably they really are just so incompetent that they didn't have eyes on a rooftop 130 yards away. Unbelievable.  It's a miracle Trump isn't dead.  The Secret Service needs a complete overhaul. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

I’m sorry; What????  Did not Biden take the presidency on Jan 20th in 2021 and held that office until the present?  Hasn’t that same president that took office saying he would bring the country together go on to ratchet up the MAGA rhetoric and further divide the county to the point even you hate anything MAGA?

KD2SD:  Kill Democracy to Save Democracy. You have bought in.

Biden failed along several fronts and some of his policies I did find divisive.

But the issue is the long term health of American democracy itself.  Which I think Trump has shown contempt for, or minimally it really annoys him. It’s not like his middle market company with one unchallenged leader  - where everything is simply about a transactional deals and brinkmanship.  IMO he’s trying to Trumpize the US government  because it’s … easier and he really doesn’t appreciate it (he once admitted he didnt know the constitution ).

When all trials, elections, media… literally all institutions  are accused of being rigged - you slowly erode public trust. Or in reality - faith. And you create and grow democracy atheists - which I think some of maga has become - and then inevitably some yahoos start yapping about civil wars and theocracies. Yes - I believe Trump hurts democracy itself (not individual policies - the concept of the American idea). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

How the sniper team that took him out didn't spot the shooter before he took the shots is a major unknown at this time. They had the higher position. There are also reports that some people saw the shooter crawling around up there and reported it to cops/SS up to 5 minutes before hand. Media has some of those people on video interviews. Obviously facts are developing by the hour.

UGnxgp31x2Db.jpeg

I don't wanna sound like a conspiracy guy...

But that is a crazy easy shot at that distance. How you basically completely miss a dude at 150m is mind boggling. Maybe nerves play a big part into it? Or the guy was completely unprepared and this was a "I just read about project 2025 and have to save my country" so grab a rifle for the first time ever type deal.

My 10 year old with irons never had any issues inside of 300m. 

Also agree with a lot of people on this thread, if everyone wants to roll with the "If candidate X wins he WILL destroy the United States" Then we are gonna see more and more drastic actions taken by the looney tunes.

Kinda surprised it took this long for one attempt, maybe that points to how good security typically is. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Recent comment by Joe Biden, speaking to campaign donors:

“it’s time to put Trump in a bullseye.”

Citing his recent comments, Republicans blame Joe Biden for Donald Trump rally shooting (yahoo.com)

26a34320-4169-11ef-bf39-38a5ad81533a.webp

Edited by WillMunny
  • Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

I don't wanna sound like a conspiracy guy...

But that is a crazy easy shot at that distance. How you basically completely miss a dude at 150m is mind boggling. Maybe nerves play a big part into it? Or the guy was completely unprepared and this was a "I just read about project 2025 and have to save my country" so grab a rifle for the first time ever type deal.

My 10 year old with irons never had any issues inside of 300m. 

Also agree with a lot of people on this thread, if everyone wants to roll with the "If candidate X wins he WILL destroy the United States" Then we are gonna see more and more drastic actions taken by the looney tunes.

Kinda surprised it took this long for one attempt, maybe that points to how good security typically is. 🤷‍♂️

Nomination for post of the day. What you just said is 100% Correct. The adults have got to quit acting like some middle-schooler on social media. The hyperbole is just that, a fancy word for bull****. Both parties are covered over in BS. And now we have people that have replaced God with politics. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Recent comment by Joe Biden, speaking to campaign donors:

“it’s time to put Trump in a bullseye.”

Citing his recent comments, Republicans blame Joe Biden for Donald Trump rally shooting (yahoo.com)

26a34320-4169-11ef-bf39-38a5ad81533a.webp

FYI the shooter was a registered Republican.  IMO this wasn’t about politics  or conspiracy - it was about crazy. Which is a definite part of our society. And seems to growing. 

However I agree that Biden’s expression was lazy and not thought through.

• Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

FYI the shooter was a registered Republican.  IMO this wasn’t about politics  or conspiracy - it was about crazy. Which is a definite part of our society. And seems to growing. 

He was a registered republican, but had made campaign donations to Biden this year (about $15).  Just a stupid, confused 20-year-old kid.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

To me it was clearly innocuous -  no different that saying we are going to "target" such and such while formulating a strategy. 

It's not as bad as say, portraying your opponent as the target in a graphical portrayal of a telescopic gun sight or suggesting a "second amendment solution" as a political reaction to ones opponent.

Certainly - in hindsight -  it was at clumsy (at least) and not thought through - just look at the way it's being used against him now.

It’s too early to assert the political bent of this kid. There’s a picture of him out there wearing a Demolition Ranch shirt which is a big tell that he wasn’t exactly left wing.