Former President Trump Shot, Two Dead, at Rally in Pennsylvania

God’s Angels are protecting Trump for a reason? Please don’t tell me people actually think that. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, AUDub said:

I’m gonna wait for this guys manifesto and any sort of correspondence like his Discord before I deign to weigh in on motive. 

100%. Why people decide to spout nonsense before anything is verified is beyond me. 

13 hours ago, HAYinthemiddleoftheBARN said:

Look, all y'all Dem supporters don't have a grasp on reality since the main info y'all trust is the main stream media. There's been a huge decline of stability, credibility, reality, and sincerity in this country since the main stream media couldn't handle Trump winning in 2016. You know puppet man "Poopy Pants Joe" got interjected into the oval office by false balloting. He did NOT win by 80+ million votes! Merica knows that!

I once was a Dem. My father, the biggest Southern Dem in the family, told me to vote for even a monkey if it ran on the Democratic ticket. Well ol' dad is full of s#it. Since Obammer took office, I've learned to look at what the person actually does...not what people or the media says they've done. 

Trump is not Hitler! Hitler is Hitler, look at the facts of what he did. Trump is Trump, look at what he's done and what he's gonna do for our country. There's no comparison you idiots! 

We all need: lower gas prices, more affordable housing, lower grocery bills, more affordable rent, lower interest rates, fewer illegal alien crimes due to the deportation that's about to take place ... which may include YOU and/or one of your family members NOT GETTING MURDERED in the near future. 

Y'all better be thankful Trump is still alive and able to run this country. God's hands are on him. 

Stop listening to Whoopie and the crap show on MSNBC! 

This is hilariously ironic. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

You don’t post here much so I can’t tell- it’s hard these days— parody account?

I really hope it’s satire but it’s probably not lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Under the new rules applied to Trump by the Biden/Democrats over January 6, we now must have a special counsel to criminally investigate Biden and any other politician, media figure, Democratic Party operative, etc who took any action or made any statement that could have incited violence against Trump. #J13

It’s all an official act so nbd, slate is clean per SCOTUS. /s

15 minutes ago, Didba said:

God’s Angels are protecting Trump for a reason? Please don’t tell me people actually think that. 

They absolutely do. Apparently God wasn’t there when Trump was with Stormy Daniels or hanging out with Jeffrey Epstein. 😂 Or unfortunately E Jean Carroll. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Didba said:

It’s all an official act so nbd, slate is clean per SCOTUS. /s

How can a lawyer miss read the SCOTUS findings about immunity?  :poke:

Edited by I_M4_AU
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Has anybody read anything about the cop who climbed to the roof and "encountered" the shooter just before he began shooting?

A couple of articles I read yesterday stopped just short of calling him a coward.  One basically said he "ran from danger to save his own life".  Supposedly, he climbed a ladder to the roof, saw the shooter, then retreated when the shooter turned to point his gun at him.  The shooter then turned back and immediately fired at Trump.  Supposedly.

I'm not making any accusations.  I'm just wondering if the cop could have reasonably prevented this from happening.  It may be a while before we know, if ever.

Edited by WillMunny

19 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Has anybody read anything about the cop who climbed to the roof and "encountered" the shooter just before he began shooting?

A couple of articles I read yesterday stopped just short of calling him a coward.  One basically said he "ran from danger to save his own life".  Supposedly, he climbed a ladder to the roof, saw the shooter, then retreated when the shooter turned to point his gun at him.  The shooter then turned back and immediately fired at Trump.  Supposedly.

I'm not making any accusations.  I'm just wondering if the cop could have reasonably prevented this from happening.  It may be a while before we know, if ever.

Someone would have gotten that on tape.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, The Freak said:

Someone would have gotten that on tape.

Seems like the story is true.  The cop's boss defended him, but several articles are saying he is currently under intense scrutiny.

https://www.businessinsider.com/local-officer-retreated-when-he-encountered-trump-rally-shooter-2024-7

A municipal police officer at Donald Trump's rally in Pennsylvania encountered the shooter before the assassination attempt but retreated, according to The Washington Post.

Story continues...

Edited by WillMunny

2 hours ago, WillMunny said:

I heard the cop peaked his head up at the top of the ladder, yelled at the shooter, the shooter turned on him and the cop jumped down the ladder to avoid getting head blown off. Shooter turns and immediately starts blasting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WillMunny said:

Seems like the story is true.  The cop's boss defended him, but several articles are saying he is currently under intense scrutiny.

https://www.businessinsider.com/local-officer-retreated-when-he-encountered-trump-rally-shooter-2024-7

A municipal police officer at Donald Trump's rally in Pennsylvania encountered the shooter before the assassination attempt but retreated, according to The Washington Post.

Story continues...

I mean to be fair if it went down how I heard it then frankly the cop was in a bad position. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Didba said:

I mean to be fair if it went down how I heard it then frankly the cop was in a bad position. 

Yes, I guess he was having to hold onto the ladder while climbing up to take a look.  No way to be ready with his gun drawn.  If it went down like that, I hope he doesn't get crucified in the media.

4 hours ago, WillMunny said:

Yes, I guess he was having to hold onto the ladder while climbing up to take a look.  No way to be ready with his gun drawn.  If it went down like that, I hope he doesn't get crucified in the media.

I mean what did they want him to do? Get his head blown off? Sounds like a scapegoat if I ever heard one. Honestly , the person should not even been able to get up on that roof. Failure on local law enforcement, secret service and whoever else had been involved in the planning of protection. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Under the new rules applied to Trump by the Biden/Democrats over January 6, we now must have a special counsel to criminally investigate Biden and any other politician, media figure, Democratic Party operative, etc who took any action or made any statement that could have incited violence against Trump. #J13

You got part of that right - but the trial needs to be delayed to coincide with an opportune time.  All inquiries should be delayed so as to coincide with election cycles.  

5 hours ago, DAG said:

I mean what did they want him to do? Get his head blown off? Sounds like a scapegoat if I ever heard one. Honestly , the person should not even been able to get up on that roof. Failure on local law enforcement, secret service and whoever else had been involved in the planning of protection. 

Climbing a ladder when someone is waiting with a gun is about as tough as it gets.  There are ways to do it with a handgun, but I personally wouldn’t blame anyone for not doing it.  However, there are still several questions that remain:

1) How / why would that building not only be left unsecured, but have a ladder there already?   It was clearly the biggest threat in the area. 
2) How long did it take him to radio the threat and what was the delay in moving Trump proactively?   This timeline will be critical to release.  At the bare minimum, the cop could have discharged his firearm into the dirt to get the SS in play and draw attention of the counter snipers.  
3) What is the time between when people first reported the shooter on the roof, the police responding and the shooter opening fire?

4) It appeared the Counter sniper that engaged the shooter was already dialed in on the rooftop in question.  One allegation was made that he saw the shooter and asked for permission to engage and was either denied or was waiting for an answer.  This is unconfirmed.  I look forward to this being addressed in the investigation and what his rules of engagement were.   One would hope a guy on a roof with a rifle wouldn’t require a sniper to ask for permission, but we’ll see.  

Edited by GoAU
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Didba said:

He is a COP, he took a job where being in a bad position is just part of it all. The real problem was someone not doing their job and keeping him off the roof. 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

He is a COP, he took a job where being in a bad position is just part of it all. The real problem was someone not doing their job and keeping him off the roof. 

Just because you are a cop doesn’t mean you willingly peak your head up in the same place twice to let yourself get shot in the face. This wasn’t a Uvalde situation.  

I don’t see how anyone condemns the cop’s actions. 

50 minutes ago, Didba said:

Just because you are a cop doesn’t mean you willingly peak your head up in the same place twice to let yourself get shot in the face. This wasn’t a Uvalde situation.  

So letting him get on the roof was just a thing? Not doing our job and leaving others to get shot and die is okay?

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Didba said:

you mean you don’t waltz into a head shot? Some of these guys been playing call of duty too long.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I don't know of any police protocol that tells you to stay in the line of fire when someone's pointing a gun at you.  

And all of this happened very quickly according to what I read.  The police officer climbed up and when he looked over the top of the roofline, the shooter pointed his gun at the cop.  The cop ducked back down and a second or two later, the shooter fired at Trump.  Within seconds after that, the SS counter-snipers had already killed the guy.

I do agree with your last sentence though - the failure here was in not securing the roof of that building in the first place.  Either local law enforcement or the USSS should have had a person on top of the building themselves from the get-go.  I get that it was outside the normal security perimeter, but I think any perch like that with a direct line of sight to the stage you extend the perimeter to include it and have it manned.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

So letting him get on the roof was just a thing? Not doing our job and leaving others to get shot and die is okay?

I did not say “letting him get on the roof was just a thing” or “not doing our job and leaving others to get shot and die is okay” nor did I imply it. Don’t make straw men.

My point was solely about the situation with the cop on the ladder. 

I agree with you that the real problem was that he got up on the roof at all. We don’t know whose feet that failure lies at. 

23 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I don't know of any police protocol that tells you to stay in the line of fire when someone's pointing a gun at you.  

And all of this happened very quickly according to what I read.  The police officer climbed up and when he looked over the top of the roofline, the shooter pointed his gun at the cop.  The cop ducked back down and a second or two later, the shooter fired at Trump.  Within seconds after that, the SS counter-snipers had already killed the guy.

I do agree with your last sentence though - the failure here was in not securing the roof of that building in the first place.  Either local law enforcement or the USSS should have had a person on top of the building themselves from the get-go.  I get that it was outside the normal security perimeter, but I think any perch like that with a direct line of sight to the stage you extend the perimeter to include it and have it manned.

My thoughts exactly. 

Bottomline, he should never have been allowed on the roof. Somebody blew it big time and now we have a family grieving over a death and two more with members in the hospital. 

• Like 3

And just because I've seen several people mention this rumor: https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-trump-shooting-secret-service-334166850448

The AP is stating that the story of a police sniper who had the shooter in his sights but was told to not take the shot by higher ups is fake. They say it was just some random guy on 4Chan making up a story that started spreading around. 

The Secret service is saying the local police were in charge of securing the building the assassin used, and the the police are say they did what they were told and that the Secret Service was in charge of all security. 

Apparently the police had snipers and officers stationed inside the building that the shooter was on top of, but they didn't post anyone on top of the building. I'm guessing people got lazy and assumed the secret service snipers on the platforms that were right behind Trump had enough line of sight that they didn't need anyone on top of the other buildings.