Former President Trump Shot, Two Dead, at Rally in Pennsylvania

I believe the rhetoric from both sides could certainly exacerbate paranoia and extremist like behavior but in no way should the rhetoric take away the accountability factor of the individual. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

He was a registered republican, but had made campaign donations to Biden this year (about $15).  Just a stupid, confused 20-year-old kid.

With easy access to an assault rifle his father bought.  He sounds like another school shooter to me.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

With easy access to an assault rifle his father bought.  He sounds like another school shooter to me.

That was probably next on his list.

5 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

The horrible truth is that Trump supporters have been equated to backwood angry rednecks.  Deliverance stuff.  A form of bigotry. It’s not fair but it’s a brand in peoples heads.  I know I’ve been guilty of it and  needs to stop. Including Biden’s language.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

A brilliant reporter on CNN just pointed out that Trump's ear is near his brain.  Truly remarkable reporting.

Edited by WillMunny
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Hay Field 101 said:

Oh the irony. :-\

You think that's "the rhetoric to blame"?  That's worse that what's come out of Trump's mouth?  :rolleyes:

Surely you will acknowledge such a video clip of Trump's statements can be assembled that is far worse. Either that, or you don't understand what inflammatory rhetoric is.

https://www.vox.com/21506029/trump-violence-tweets-racist-hate-speech

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/nelections/2020/10/13/hate-speech-common-theme-trumps-presidency/5873238002/

Demonization of others is Trump's stock in trade. It's apparently why you guys seem to love him.  (Want to study MAGA T-shirt designs?)

Biden is not lying.  He's responding to Trump's rhetoric and the support it gets. It is a threat to our democracy, at least if you take him seriously, which you should.  Jan. 6 proves it.

Any reasonable person can see that.

Edited by homersapien

13 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Fail.  ;D

Saw it was 150m and missing a ...generally large human target. And thought that was crazy.

Next immediate thought was all the "Grassy knoll" JFK people and like... ah hell, I hope this doesn't turn into that. :lol: 

15 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

The horrible truth is that Trump supporters have been equated to backwood angry rednecks.  Deliverance stuff.  A form of bigotry. It’s not fair but it’s a brand in peoples heads.  I know I’ve been guilty of it and  needs to stop. Including Biden’s language.

Well, it's not exactly unfair either.  I remember George Wallace and his run for the presidency.  There are a lot of similarities.

8 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Saw it was 150m and missing a ...generally large human target. And thought that was crazy.

Next immediate thought was all the "Grassy knoll" JFK people and like... ah hell, I hope this doesn't turn into that. :lol: 

Apparently he wasn't aiming for "center mass"?  A human head is not all that large of a target at 150m with iron sights.

26 minutes ago, DAG said:

I believe the rhetoric from both sides could certainly exacerbate paranoia and extremist like behavior but in no way should the rhetoric take away the accountability factor of the individual. 

The sad reality is that such individuals - who exist in our populace - may respond to this rhetoric.  When you casually through out the idea of "second amendment solutions", there are people inclined to taking it seriously.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind"  (That's for you Salty. ;))

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, it's not exactly unfair either.  I remember George Wallace and his run for the presidency.  There are a lot of similarities.

It’s great for smack talk banter. But in my experience calling someone stupid may feel good (with the inevitable well, you’re even more stupid retort) but rarely results in anything actually getting done.

• Like 1

It is being reported that the shooter had bomb making materials at his home.

There was mention of one or more bombs in his car as well, but I'm not sure that has been confirmed.

24 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Apparently he wasn't aiming for "center mass"?  A human head is not all that large of a target at 150m with iron sights.

Lee Harvey Oswald had a shorter distance (90 yards as opposed to the 150 yards in this case), but Oswald's target was moving and was obscured by an oak tree between shots.  Yet he hit two of three.

This 20-year-old kid probably had no training except fooling around at the local shooting range.

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

What exactly is "unreal" about it?   It exists.  Look it up.  We can discuss the particulars.

And what am I?

There is a big difference between it existing and it being something Trump supported, or even having significant backing within the GOP

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

FYI the shooter was a registered Republican.  IMO this wasn’t about politics  or conspiracy - it was about crazy. Which is a definite part of our society. And seems to growing. 

However I agree that Biden’s expression was lazy and not thought through.

As said above, being registered as a Republican doesn’t mean much.  His (small) financial contribution was to a liberal organization.  For all we know, he registered Republican just to vote in the primary election.   More about him will come out for sure. I think it makes sense to withhold opinions until then. 

• Like 1

Just now, GoAU said:

There is a big difference between it existing and it being something Trump supported, or even having significant backing within the GOP

As said above, being registered as a Republican doesn’t mean much.  His (small) financial contribution was to a liberal organization.  For all we know, he registered Republican just to vote in the primary election.   More about him will come out for sure. I think it makes sense to withhold opinions until then. 

Yeah, I don't think you can assume much about the guy from what he was wearing, his party registration, or who he donated $15.00 to.  Easy to muddy the waters by changing those up from your real thoughts if you are crazy enough to shoot a Presidential candidate.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cardin Drake said:

Yeah, I don't think you can assume much about the guy from what he was wearing, his party registration, or who he donated $15.00 to.  Easy to muddy the waters by changing those up from your real thoughts if you are crazy enough to shoot a Presidential candidate.  

Being a mass shooter or assassin wannabe with SS everywhere is a form of suicide.  It ain’t Jason Bourne. Theres a 100% you’ll be shot immediately, later executed, or serve time for the rest of your like.

Buts it’s a chance at national notoriety and going out with others with you. Prototypical violent miserable crazy.

13 hours ago, GoAU said:

Dont disagree, but there’s only been one party calling their opponents Nazis, fascists, and a “threat to democracy” for the last 7-8 years….

The other party just mentions stupid policy, Alzheimer’s, and corruption.  

IMG_3332.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Melania's statement:

Former First Lady Melania Trump has issued a poignant statement about her “generous and caring” husband, President Donald J. Trump, following his miraculous escape from an assassination attempt last night in Pennsylvania.

“I am thinking of you, now, my fellow Americans,” Mrs. Trump opened.

“We have always been a unique union. America, the fabric of our gentle nation is tattered, but our courage and common sense must ascend and bring us back together as one.

“When I watched that violent bullet strike my husband, Donald, I realized my life, and Barron’s life, were on the brink of devastating change. I am grateful to the brave Secret Service agents and law enforcement officials who risked their own lives to protect my husband.

“To the families of the innocent victims who are now suffering from this heinous act, I humbly offer my sincerest sympathy. Your need to summon your inner strength for such a terrible reason saddens me.

“A monster who recognized my husband as an inhuman political machine attempted to ring out Donald’s passion – his laughter, ingenuity, love of music, and inspiration. The core facets of my husband’s life – his human side – were buried below the political machine. Donald, the generous and caring man who I have been with through the best of times and the worst of times.

“Let us not forget that differing opinions, policy, and political games are inferior to love. Our personal, structural, and life commitment – until death – is at serious risk. Political concepts are simple when compared to us, human beings.

“We are all humans, and fundamentally, instinctively, we want to help one another. American politics are only one vehicle that can uplift our communities. Love, compassion, kindness and empathy are necessities.

“And let us remember that when the time comes to look beyond the left and the right, beyond the red and the blue, we all come from families with the passion to fight for a better life together, while we are here, in this earthly realm.

“Dawn is here again. Let us reunite. Now. This morning, ascend above the hate, the vitriol, and the simple-minded ideas that ignite
violence. We all want a world where respect is paramount, family is first, and love transcends.

“We can realize this world again. Each of us must demand to get it back. We must insist that respect fills the cornerstone of our relationships, again.

“I am thinking of you, my fellow Americans. The winds of change have arrived. For those of you who cry in support, I thank you. I
commend those of you who have reached out beyond the political divide – thank you for remembering that every single politician is a man or a woman with a loving family.”

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, autigeremt said:

This is the political world created by the two party failure. 

Multi-party proportional system. 

2 hours ago, GoAU said:

Well granted, it wasn't produced by Trump's campaign - or even the Republican Party per se' - but the ties are pretty extensive.  The whole thing is predicated on Trump's election (thus the name).  The Heritage Foundation is responsible for it and Trump followed their recommendations for every supreme court judge he selected.

Trump is probably not likely to pursue every single action it recommends as there would be lots of blow back.  But if (God forbid) there is a Republican house and senate, there's really nothing stopping him.  The SCOTUS is already on board. 

So forgive me for just assuming Trump wouldn't do it.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/project-2025-what-is-it-who-is-behind-it-how-is-it-connected-trump-2024-07-12/

Project 2025: What is it? Who is behind it? How is it connected to Trump?

Edited by homersapien

15 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Funny, no Dems crying for gun control this time.

No, they have realized it is not the gun, but the person shooting the gun.  Of course, if roles were reversed or he was shooting up a school, different story.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardin Drake said:

The shooter Thomas Matthew Crooks, even though registered as Republican, has a posted video stating his hatred for Republicans and Donald Trump. I believe his views, like many people, are a product of main stream media. I believe he took the poopy pants "bullseye" speech way too far. 

He had to have known it was a suicide mission...but obviously this 20 year old kid didn't think about the consequences of his actions. 

God's Angels are protecting Donald Trump for a reason. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Wow 1

3 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Not all are, but watching the rally attendees being interviewed after, the stereotype was formed for a reason. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

Oh the irony. :-\

You think that's "the rhetoric to blame"?  That's worse that what's come out of Trump's mouth?  :rolleyes:

Surely you will acknowledge such a video clip of Trump's statements can be assembled that is far worse. Either that, or you don't understand what inflammatory rhetoric is.

https://www.vox.com/21506029/trump-violence-tweets-racist-hate-speech

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/nelections/2020/10/13/hate-speech-common-theme-trumps-presidency/5873238002/

Demonization of others is Trump's stock in trade. It's apparently why you guys seem to love him.  (Want to study MAGA T-shirt designs?)

Biden is not lying.  He's responding to Trump's rhetoric and the support it gets. It is a threat to our democracy, at least if you take him seriously, which you should.  Jan. 6 proves it.

Any reasonable person can see that.

you do you. Bet you cant stop there. Prove me wrong.