Former President Trump Shot, Two Dead, at Rally in Pennsylvania

Live updates: Trump injured, but 'fine' after shooting at rally; alleged shooter and attendee reported dead (yahoo.com)

Apparently, Trump was only grazed, but a bystander and the shooter were killed.

Edited by WillMunny

I wonder if the bystander was killed by the shooter, or by the Secret Service when they took out the shooter.

The line between civilization and the mob is a fine one.  Then throw in people that are mentally ill. IMO We’re on a razors edge.

All parties  need to cool the friggin bad ass wannabe language and get back to some semblance of basic democratic civility . We’re letting the crazy genie out of the bottle. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

I wonder if the bystander was killed by the shooter, or by the Secret Service when they took out the shooter.

It looks like the bystander was hit by the bullet that grazed Trump

Abc report that I am watching is saying that shooter is dead, one bystander dead, and two bystanders critically injured.

Shooter fired about 8 shots, 2 to 300 yards away from a rooftop, and with a rifle.

Feel terrible for the families involved. Innocents killed exercising their right to support a candidate.

So tired of the left, the right, and how both sides bickering and pettiness if ******* up the country for the rest of us.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TripleDegreeTiger said:

Abc report that I am watching is saying that shooter is dead, one bystander dead, and two bystanders critically injured.

Shooter fired about 8 shots, 2 to 300 yards away from a rooftop, and with a rifle.

Feel terrible for the families involved. Innocents killed exercising their right to support a candidate.

So tired of the left, the right, and how both sides bickering and pettiness if ******* up the country for the rest of us.

Wow, the shooter was 200-300 yards away on a rooftop, and was killed.  Secret Service must have been deployed all over, and disposed of the shooter like professionals.

Glad the shooter pulled left.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Secret Service, in a statement, said that a shooter "fired multiple shots toward the stage from an elevated position outside of the rally venue" after which agents "neutralized the shooter, who is now deceased."

The shooter fired as many as eight rounds from an AR-style rifle while perched on a rooftop adjacent to the venue and was 200-300 yards away at the time of the shooting, law enforcement sources told ABC News

One spectator was killed and two others critically injured, the Secret Service said in a statement.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-rushed-off-stage-disturbance-pennsylvania-rally/story?id=111913361

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, TripleDegreeTiger said:

Politics have slowly become the political extreme’s Iron bowl.  It’s not a disagreement or even a rivalry - for some it’s mutated into true hatred (even in the religious threads you see it - which is kinda a paradox). Not Russia, not China - Americans of the other party.

And then, inevitably,  the real political extremists (which imo are unstable) fire up and start poisoning oaks. 

• Like 2

Ridiculous. I thought this was a joke at first at dinner. And how in 2024 does someone have a chance to shoot a particularly figure at an elevated position? 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Ridiculous. I thought this was a joke at first at dinner. And how in 2024 does someone have a chance to shoot a particularly figure at an elevated position? 

No kidding man. This is a huge failure in security.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Great question. Hard to believe. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

The line between civilization and the mob is a fine one.  Then throw in people that are mentally ill. IMO We’re on a razors edge.

All parties  need to cool the friggin bad ass wannabe language and get back to some semblance of basic democratic civility . We’re letting the crazy genie out of the bottle. 

Dont disagree, but there’s only been one party calling their opponents Nazis, fascists, and a “threat to democracy” for the last 7-8 years….

The other party just mentions stupid policy, Alzheimer’s, and corruption.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

Just now, GoAU said:

Dont disagree, but there’s only been one party calling their opponents Nazis, fascists, and a “threat to democracy” for the last 7-8 years….

The other party just mentions stupid policy, Alzheimer’s, and corruption.  

Seriously??   :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I remember reading about party convention locales being chosen in part based upon ease of defense against possible attacks.  Some venues are more difficult to defend than others.

Rally locations are probably chosen with less care.  This one may have given the shooter an opportunity.

3 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Politics have slowly become the political extreme’s Iron bowl.  It’s not a disagreement or even a rivalry - for some it’s mutated into true hatred (even in the religious threads you see it - which is kinda a paradox). Not Russia, not China - Americans of the other party.

And then, inevitably,  the real political extremists (which imo are unstable) fire up and start poisoning oaks. 

So true. See it on this board almost every day.

Family is Chicago says there is alot of concern with the Democratic convention and the protests involving Palistine. They are vetting permits left and right for it.

Just now, WillMunny said:

I remember reading about party convention locales being chosen in part based upon ease of defense against possible attacks.  Some venues are more difficult to defend than others.

Rally locations are probably chosen with less care.  This one may have given the shooter an opportunity.

It sounds like it. It just is quite surprising. It wasn’t in the perimeter but in an open area where Trump is speaking though, I am surprised there is not drones, snipers, consistent clear out, etc. This could’ve been a terrible misfortune. Questions will certainly be asked about security . 

And it should be irrelevant if you are red, blue , yellow, whatever. This should not be occurring…I am just replaying so many assassination attempts prior to me being born. 

I will say kudos for the response time. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Yes homer. Seriously. A fringe liberal listening to you and your vile hyperbolic accusations, diagnoses, and predictions, could easily be pushed over the edge to assassination. Exactly what you have constantly spouted for 7 years is the reason this happens. Own it homer. It is yours.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Yes homer. Seriously. A fringe liberal listening to you and your vile hyperbolic accusations, diagnoses, and predictions, could easily be pushed over the edge to assassination. Exactly what you have constantly spouted for 7 years is the reason this happens. Own it homer. It is yours.

You are crazy.  Jan. 6 crazy.

As for what I "spouted" prior to then, you'll have to refresh me. But apparently, I was right on, as Jan. 6 proved.

Edited by homersapien
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You are crazy.  Jan. 6 crazy.

As for what I "spouted" prior to then, you'll have to refresh me. But apparently, I was right on, as Jan. 6 proved.

No homer. You are crazy if you have forgotten practically every post you have made regarding Trump in the last 7 years. I remember what you have said over and over. Denying it now is flat cowardice. You are pathetically spineless.

• Like 3

A witness described the shooter as having "his head blown off" by Secret Service.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Yes

3 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

The violent rhetoric from the media, politicians, social media, and even forums such as this needs to stop. There are consequences to such ignorance.

1 hour ago, WillMunny said:

Line-of-site opportunities are typically disabled for an event of this nature. This was a failure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How the sniper team that took him out didn't spot the shooter before he took the shots is a major unknown at this time. They had the higher position. There are also reports that some people saw the shooter crawling around up there and reported it to cops/SS up to 5 minutes before hand. Media has some of those people on video interviews. Obviously facts are developing by the hour.

UGnxgp31x2Db.jpeg

Edit: 7/14/24 add on to original post. Also an OP to page 4.

Photo of attempted assassin just before he fired the shots.

trump-shot-13-Thomas-Matthew-Crooks.jpg

How the turn of the head saved Trump.

The flight time of the bullet was 0.34 of a second.

God is in the details..

Screenshot-2024-07-14-154035.png

Trump-shot-bullet-path.jpg

Edited by IronMan70