I Think the Dems Have Lost the High Ground

3 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

So... This time he makes certain every appointment will do what he says and not what the law requires?  Is that your point?

I would hope the plan is to follow all laws and regulations and to support what Trump’s policies if elected would be. 

5 minutes ago, JMWATS said:

I would hope the plan is to follow all laws and regulations and to support what Trump’s policies if elected would be. 

And when those two objectives clash one with the other, the law must prevail over the wants of the executive.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, homersapien said:

"Violent rhetoric has consequences. There is nothing partisan about it."  :-\ 

Are you in agreement or suggesting my statement was problematic in some way? Should be a layup, but it is you homey, so I have to ask?

Edited by AUFAN78

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

Are you in agreement or suggesting my statement was problematic in some way? Should be a layup, but it is you homey, so I have to ask?

What statement are you referring to?

Edited by homersapien

From WAPO: 

Gunman Thomas Matthew Crooks was a member of the Clairton Sportsmen’s Club, a shooting club in Clairton, Pa., a club lawyer confirmed.

The club “fully admonishes the senseless act of violence that occurred on Saturday,” Robert S. Bootay III said, and “offers its sincerest condolences to the Comperatore family and extends prayers to all of those injured including the former President.”

The gunman was also wearing the shirt of a large gun showcase youtube channel. Seems this guy had a strong interest in Guns. 

The AR rifle used in the shooting is apparently his father's. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger

3 hours ago, RunInRed said:

You sure you want to go there?

The fact that anyone with a straight face can “both sides” the violent political rhetoric is a joke. It’s engrained in MAGA to be disruptive and violent. It’s why they all like Trump. Trump literally made fun of Paul Paulosi after he got nearly beaten to death with a hammer in his own home. 

Getting shot in the ear didn’t all of a sudden make Trump a person who doesn’t lie compulsively, or steal from people. And I’ll say it until I’m blue in the face. He is a convicted sexual abuser and felon. These two things alone are disqualifying in a healthy society.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

The AR rifle used in the shooting is apparently his father's. 

If true, his father should also be punished

This picture of the shooter is from his 2020 yearbook from what I gather. 

Crazy, From a nerdy teen in a patriotic shirt to trying to assassinate an ex president in just a few years. 

Shooter Thomas Crooks is pictured in a yearbook photo

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Crazy, From a nerdy teen in a patriotic shirt to trying to assassinate an ex president in just a few years. 

Just goes to show you its the crazies, not the gun.  And about half of his life he was told MAGAs are the enemy of the state and Trump was Hitler.

Edited by I_M4_AU
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1

18 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

He cemented his legacy in history books for the rest of the existence of this country. That’s the problem with trying to put political labels on people like this. Their intentions are always so variable. Reagan’s shooter just wanted to impress an actress. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Just goes to show you its the crazies, not the gun.  And about half of his life he was told MAGAs are the enemy of the state and Trump was Hitler.

His classmates were saying that he was a conservative. This guy wears gun company and Mount Rushmore t shirts, ffs. He doesn’t exactly scream “woke lefty”.

You really need to tone it down with this whole “the democrats caused this” nonsense. Trump has been saying Democrats are vermin who are destroying and taking over the country for 8 years. People have called Dems marxists, pedo’s, communists, demon’s, etc. People were calling Obama a jihadist. People have attacked dems and their families over and over. 

Im not saying that this is some MAGA member who wanted to cause a conspiracy. I don’t believe that’s what he was. But I’m also not buying that he was some kind of radicalized far left lib who puts stock into what Joe Biden says or doesn’t say. He sounds like he was a troubled person, who was looking to cause chaos and cement some kind of F’d up legacy. And Donald Trump is an extremely divisive person who has alienated and mocked thousands of people throughout his life in the spotlight. 
Hell Reagan, MLK, RFK, and JFK were  all decent well intentioned people and they were all victims of this kid of violence. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

His classmates were saying that he was a conservative. This guy wears gun company and Mount Rushmore t shirts, ffs. He doesn’t exactly scream “woke lefty”.

You really need to tone it down with this whole “the democrats caused this” nonsense. Trump has been saying Democrats are vermin who are destroying and taking over the country for 8 years. People have called Dems marxists, pedo’s, communists, demon’s, etc. People were calling Obama a jihadist. People have attacked dems and their families over and over. 

Im not saying that this is some MAGA member who wanted to cause a conspiracy. I don’t believe that’s what he was. But I’m also not buying that he was some kind of radicalized far left lib who puts stock into what Joe Biden says or doesn’t say. He sounds like he was a troubled person, who was looking to cause chaos and cement some kind of F’d up legacy. And Donald Trump is an extremely divisive person who has alienated and mocked thousands of people throughout his life in the spotlight. 
Hell Reagan, MLK, RFK, and JFK were  all decent well intentioned people and they were all victims of this kid of violence. 

You get Biden and the MODs and homer to tone it down and after I see that happen, I might fall in line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

You get Biden and the MODs and homer to tone it down and after I see that happen, I might fall in line.

I hate feeling any type of way except having much love for all Auburn Brothers and Sisters. 

• Like 1

Biden wants to bring the temp down, but is not willing to do it himself, much like the posters on this board.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

What statement are you referring to?

Simply responding to your comment above. 

53 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Biden wants to bring the temp down, but is not willing to do it himself, much like the posters on this board.

How long did it take you? An hour after the shooting to start this thread that the "Dems have lost the high ground?" Immediately framing this as a partisan, divisive issue.

Was that your attempt to take the temperature down?

6 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Ahh yes. Let’s rejoice a former president getting away with taking and mishandling hundreds of classified documents. All because he’s has an R by his name. The hell with our national security, as long as one man feels comfortable. 

This country deserves the complete sh*t show it has coming towards it. And it’s coming.

The case shouldn't have been brought forward. Period. It's time we take off the partisan lens and look at things in a logical context.

9 hours ago, AU9377 said:

This is the kind of non serious crap that takes up all the air.

It actually takes up very little air except for with the highly emotional and overly sensitive electorate. For example: Karen's or 5'7" 145 lb males. Or thereabout. ;D

Edited by AUFAN78

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

You’re so funny. 

when talking about guns:

“They are not to blame. The shooter is responsible for his own actions” 

when talking about Democrats:

“they are to blame for when people choose to commit violence against Republicans “

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, cbo said:

How long did it take you? An hour after the shooting to start this thread that the "Dems have lost the high ground?" Immediately framing this as a partisan, divisive issue.

Was that your attempt to take the temperature down?

No, no one was talking about taking the temp down when Trump got shot.  Do you have short term memory loss?

Some one shoots one of the leading candidates for the office of presidency and you don’t think it is partisan? Or a divisive issue.  I don’t think we had to wait to determine that, do you?

It is interesting the motive has not been released to the public, but we will have to wait on that.

As to taking the temp down; Biden pleads with the public to be kinder and gentler, but still insists on calling Trump a threat to democracy.  The only reason he is doing it is because he has nothing else as a go to.  His policies suck and, of course, GAS PRICES have not fallen.

As I said earlier, when Biden, MODs and a few other posters ratchet down the rhetoric, I will follow.  I don’t see that happening.  The President is our leader and he is still upping the temps more than climate change.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

You’re so funny. 

when talking about guns:

“They are not to blame. The shooter is responsible for his own actions” 

when talking about Democrats:

“they are to blame for when people choose to commit violence against Republicans “

I have not changed my tune with regards to guns.  Its not the guns fault; its the guy pulling the trigger.

The violence is the product of the rhetoric, the rhetoric comes from everybody and it is the crazies that are the ones that act upon it.  It depends on who hears it and how they perceive it.

Are you expecting more violence between now and the election?  If so, why would you think that?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

The case shouldn't have been brought forward. Period. It's time we take off the partisan lens and look at things in a logical context.

The documents case is the most straight forward of every case.  Did he have boxes and boxes of documents that he refused for over a year to return that he was required to return?  Yes.    What was the justice dept supposed to do?  Just say oh well since its you it is ok?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I have not changed my tune with regards to guns.  Its not the guns fault; its the guy pulling the trigger.

The violence is the product of the rhetoric, the rhetoric comes from everybody and it is the crazies that are the ones that act upon it.  It depends on who hears it and how they perceive it.

Are you expecting more violence between now and the election?  If so, why would you think that?

Hopefully no more violence. If it does ramp up it's definitely not the guns fault but the idiotic mentality behind it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Has Trump admitted that he lost the 2020 election?  The democratically elected President of the United States should be able to speak truth in that regard.

13 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

No, no one was talking about taking the temp down when Trump got shot.  Do you have short term memory loss?

Some one shoots one of the leading candidates for the office of presidency and you don’t think it is partisan? Or a divisive issue.  I don’t think we had to wait to determine that, do you?

It is interesting the motive has not been released to the public, but we will have to wait on that.

As to taking the temp down; Biden pleads with the public to be kinder and gentler, but still insists on calling Trump a threat to democracy.  The only reason he is doing it is because he has nothing else as a go to.  His policies suck and, of course, GAS PRICES have not fallen.

As I said earlier, when Biden, MODs and a few other posters ratchet down the rhetoric, I will follow.  I don’t see that happening.  The President is our leader and he is still upping the temps more than climate change.

So it was fine to raise the temperature immediately following the shooting and it was fine for Trump to do it for the past 8 years but now you're blaming Democrats for continuing to run a campaign against their political opponent?

You have to know Trump is the #1 reason the political climate became so heated. You do remember his insulting nicknames for every opponent, right? That's why the Republicans all hated him at first. It's not just an opinion that he is the most crass, vulgar, insulting president we've ever had. 

And if you can prove that Biden is responsible for high gas prices, I will send you a free gas card to help you out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1