I Think the Dems Have Lost the High Ground

23 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

How many times have you called or agreed with people that called Trump Hitler?

I’ve never called him Hitler. That doesn’t mean that his adoption of rhetoric from the former Reich hasn’t been problematic. Personally, I think that comes more from the yahoos in his orbit than from him.  More concerning is his relationship with Putin & support of Russian propaganda.

One of Trump’s major faults is his lack of understanding how the U.S. government works. People from Bill Barr to John Kelly have pointed that out as well.

Edited by AU9377

30 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I’m convinced that a large part of the problem with our political system is the large number of people that form their opinions based on snippets of opinions they read online. They no longer consider facts and then form an opinion.

Yes and don’t some people choose some real idiots to read…

Victor Hanson for example…

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

No shortage of idiots and a**holes on both sides:

21 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I’ve never called him Hitler. That doesn’t mean that his adoption of rhetoric from the former Reich hasn’t been problematic. Personally, I think that comes more from the yahoos in his orbit than from him.  More concerning is his relationship with Putin & support of Russian propaganda.

One of Trump’s major faults is his lack of understanding how the U.S. government works. People from Bill Barr to John Kelly have pointed that out as well.

You just outed yourself.  The Hitler rhetoric comes from his orbit?  That would be without fact.  You have no idea what his relationship with Putin is other than what you have been told.

I will say Trump came into power naive about the government, he has learned quickly.  

• Like 2

I just think it’s funny maga wants to play this game …

IMG_3348.jpeg

IMG_3351.webp

IMG_3350.jpeg

IMG_3349.webp

IMG_3347.jpeg

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, JMWATS said:

IMG_4474.jpeg

For every pic you post I bet I can find 6 for the other side … it’s not even close.

I have a suggestion:

Instead of featuring what some random whacko on either side has said, let's compare what has been said by the two candidates directly. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

I have a suggestion:

Instead of featuring what some random whacko on either side has said, let's compare what has been said by the two candidates directly. 

First there needs to be a translation by a third party for Biden. Hell, his VP is Trump and he has all the faith in the world for Putin as President of Ukraine. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RunInRed said:

I just think it’s funny maga wants to play this game …

IMG_3348.jpeg

IMG_3351.webp

IMG_3350.jpeg

IMG_3349.webp

IMG_3347.jpeg

I don’t think it’s funny at all from either side. Both are a )$&@ bad joke. 

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

You just outed yourself.  The Hitler rhetoric comes from his orbit?  That would be without fact.  You have no idea what his relationship with Putin is other than what you have been told.

I will say Trump came into power naive about the government, he has learned quickly.  

I only know what I have seen.  What I have seen is disturbing at best.  Look no farther than Stephen Miller.  He has been the source numerous times of white nationalist ideas.

Someone trying to shoot the man doesn't make his ability to govern all of a sudden improve.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

I don’t think it’s funny at all from either side. Both are a )$&@ bad joke. 

The hypocrisy is in the way some Republicans want to pretend none of it ever happened and then yesterday want to develop a narrative that escapes any responsibility for the partisan divide that the country is experiencing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/13/2024 at 7:05 PM, I_M4_AU said:

The Democrats haven’t had the “higher ground “ in over 45 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

The hypocrisy is in the way some Republicans want to pretend none of it ever happened and then yesterday want to develop a narrative that escapes any responsibility for the partisan divide that the country is experiencing.

You must be a “special “ type of retard.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

You must be a “special “ type of retard.

Im still digesting someone almost killed a former president and after reading some threads today I would suggest there’s been a lot special needs thinking today.  The finger pointing, lack of ownership, and never ending whiny name calling (from friggin adults) is tiresome.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

Someone trying to shoot the man doesn't make his ability to govern all of a sudden improve.

Great point but sure did make him appear heroic. Got to admit he came up fighting after coming within a fraction of death. Without a doubt he wants to the job. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Great point but sure did make him appear heroic. Got to admit he came up fighting after coming within a fraction of death. Without a doubt he wants to the job. 

I do think this may change Trump - near death often does -  either even angrier and more hostile or maybe a little more retrospective  and mature.  We’ll see.

• Like 1