I Think the Dems Have Lost the High Ground

Just now, DKW 86 said:

WTF does that even mean????

Pay attention. That response was to the statement that said “ if the shooter hates Trump, he isn’t a Republican”  

My response was to point out the same was likely true about Reagan’s shooter. It is very much on point.

5 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Other than him wanting boys to be girls and hating America right?

That kind of thinking is part of the problem.

Biden loves to smell little girls hair. Your President............

5 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

I am sure to my soul that if Biden was shot at, you would be blaming at least 81M Americans as being guilty. 

This is screamingly funny watching you post tonite like this forum actually has sane, reflective voices around here.

You would be wrong.  I think every day about how dangerous it is to demonize political rivals. That is why I deplore what Fox and their personalities do daily. When I criticize Trump, it is based on his actions and words, not him being a Republican. I have voted for Republicans recently.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Biden loves to smell little girls hair. Your President............

Such quality input.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, AU9377 said:

You would be wrong.  I think every day about how dangerous it is to demonize political rivals. That is why I deplore what Fox and their personalities do daily. When I criticize Trump, it is based on his actions and words, not him being a Republican. I have voted for Republicans recently.

The left media is just as guilty. Where you been????????

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

BLMs are a divisive left wing group that promotes violence.

The Black Lives Matters movement is not even close to the same as Qanon and Proud Boys. 

For starters, it's much more mainstream, as evidenced by your boy Nick and our former boy Gus leading BLM marches. You think football coaches in Alabama would openly adopt left wing politics?

Qanon and Proud Boys are fringe groups. Do you know even know the s*** Qanon believes or where it came from? Proud Boys are a violent, neo-fascist hate group, who have the most embarrassing name I've ever heard. That they got from an Alladin song. The weirdest s*** I can imagine. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, cbo said:

The Black Lives Matters movement is not even close to the same as Qanon and Proud Boys. 

For starters, it's much more mainstream, as evidenced by your boy Nick and our former boy Gus leading BLM marches. You think football coaches in Alabama would openly adopt left wing politics?

Qanon and Proud Boys are fringe groups. Do you know even know the s*** Qanon believes or where it came from? Proud Boys are a violent, neo-fascist hate group, who have the most embarrassing name I've ever heard. That they got from an Alladin song. The weirdest s*** I can imagine. 

BLMs are a violent group. Don't kid yourself. They are just as bad.

• Facepalm 1

It’ll be interesting to see who the shooter is and their motivations.

political rhetoric from all sides in America have been getting out of hand the last decade or so. Hopefully we don’t start having more and more incidents like this. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

BTW, Nick said he leans left in politics. He and Machin are friends.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Biden is sick!

This is part of the problem.

1 hour ago, cbo said:

We are so lost. On both sides. 

I agree with this. But also think the very term ‘sides’ is part of the issue. We used to decide political party affiliation based on opinions of tax policy or labor unions. Now you have to pick a ‘side’ which is equated to good vs evil. It’s impossible to have a healthy nation that way. We are not a well society. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I agree with this. But also think the very term ‘sides’ is part of the issue. We used to decide political party affiliation based on opinions of tax policy or labor unions. Now you have to pick a ‘side’ which is equated to good vs evil. It’s impossible to have a healthy nation that way. We are not a well society. 

I hate to say it but things will get worse before it gets better.

38 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

BTW, Nick said he leans left in politics. He and Machin are friends.

Point?

52 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

BLMs are a violent group. Don't kid yourself. They are just as bad.

You know, I at least tried to make a point, with facts and all that. 

Do you see how that's different than what you posted here?

25 minutes ago, cbo said:

You know, I at least tried to make a point, with facts and all that. 

Do you see how that's different than what you posted here?

No I don't

Just now, E'Town4Bama said:

No I don't

Don’t know why I asked. 

Have fun spouting political nonsense on your rival football team’s board, like a completely normal person does. 

6 minutes ago, cbo said:

Don’t know why I asked. 

Have fun spouting political nonsense on your rival football team’s board, like a completely normal person does. 

This has nothing to do with football.

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

It’ll be interesting to see who the shooter is and their motivations.

political rhetoric from all sides in America have been getting out of hand the last decade or so. Hopefully we don’t start having more and more incidents like this. 

Looks like he was from an Antifa group. 

4 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Republicans are immediately trying to make this another partisan point. It isn’t. Everyone deplores this kind of behavior. Pretending that everyone isn’t to blame for these nuts acting out is sick in itself.

Violent rhetoric has consequences. There is nothing partisan about it. 

For months, politicians, the press and pundits have escalated reckless rhetoric in this campaign on both sides. That includes claims that Trump was set to kill democracy, unleash “death squads” and make homosexuals and reporters “disappear.”

President Biden has stoked this rage rhetoric. In 2022, Biden held his controversial speech before Independence Hall where he denounced Trump supporters as enemies of the people. Biden recently referenced the speech and has embraced the claims that this could be our last democratic election.

Some of us have been objecting for years that this rage rhetoric is a dangerous political pitch for the nation. While most people reject the hyperbolic claims, others take it as true. They believe that homosexuals are going to be “disappeared” as claimed on ABC’s “The View” or that the Trump “death squads” are now green lighted by a conservative Supreme Court, as claimed by MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow.

As soon as Trump was elected, unhinged rage became the norm as with Kathy Griffin featuring herself holding the bloody severed head of Trump

Just recently, another celebrity, actress Lea DeLaria, begged Biden to “blow [Trump] up” after the recent presidential immunity decision. DeLaria explained that “this is a **** war. This is a war now, and we are fighting for our **** country. And these a**holes are going to take it away. They’re going to take it away.”

For months, people have heard politicians and press call Trump “Hitler” and the GOP a Nazi movement. Some compared stopping Trump to stopping Hitler in 1933. Rep. Dan Goldman (D-N.Y.) declared Trump “is not only unfit, he is destructive to our democracy and he has to be eliminated.” He later apologized.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) went to the steps of the Supreme Court and called out Kavanaugh by name: “I want to tell you, (Justice Neil) Gorsuch. I want to tell you, Kavanaugh. You have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price. You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.”

Thus, when the president is claiming that the election may end democracy in the nation, it can be heard as much as a license as a warning, particularly when he adds “we’re done talking about the debate, it’s time to put Trump in a bullseye.” 

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/4770670-the-attempted-assassination-of-trump-is-not-nearly-as-surprising-as-it-should-be/

3 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Pay attention. That response was to the statement that said “ if the shooter hates Trump, he isn’t a Republican”  

My response was to point out the same was likely true about Reagan’s shooter. It is very much on point.

Lmao, you are total delulu. 

6 hours ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Took one question and walked away........................

It’s not a press conference. He made his statement. Doesn’t really matter. You hyper partisans can’t be pleased. Too full of hate.

• Like 1