I Think the Dems Have Lost the High Ground

6 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

QAnon is a sick ignorant conspiracy deranged group. MAGA is ridiculous. Proudboys are a divisive right wing group that promotes violence.  Everyone is not any of those. There are left wing groups that are just as deranged, but they didn’t coordinate Jan6th.  Everyone has idiots. Call them all out, but none of them are related to this.

BLMs are a divisive left wing group that promotes violence.

• Facepalm 2

10 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You find that surprising?

What do you think MAGAs would be saying if someone shot of the top off Biden's ear?

Magas have not shot at Biden. Stay present. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

For 4 years the Dems have used what happened that day as proof Trump was staging an insurrection and it was blown way out of proportion IMO.  This was an actual assasination attempt on a former President and leading contender for the current presidential race.

The rhetoric fueled both incidents, both where ugly and should not have happened.  What the Dems will have to contend with is this one is fresh on people’s mind.  When Biden starts bringing up Jan 6th, Trump will reference this.

Today is unacceptable and a tragedy.  Trying to go instantly political with this before the victims family is even notified is imo inappropriate.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cbo said:

Did anyone on here say Jan 6th was worse than 9/11 or the Civil War?

It was the rhetoric at the time:

“Think about that,” Dowd continued, undoubtedly impressed with his line of thinking. “If we had done nothing after 9/11, and to me, though there was less loss of life on January 6th, January 6th was worse than 9/11 because it’s continued to rip our country apart and give permission for people to pursue autocratic means.”

Ah, yes, because as we know now with the benefit of hindsight, 9/11 was a very unifying moment for the U.S. Also, speaking of “autocratic means,” is Dowd really going to pretend as if the post-9/11 Patriot Act simply doesn’t exist? Insofar as “autocratic means” are concerned, has Dowd not flown on a plane since Sept. 11, 2001?

“I think we’re in a much worse place than we’ve been and, as I’ve said,” MSNBC’s “former GOP strategist” continued, “I think to you before, I think we’re in the most perilous point in time since 1861 in the advent of the Civil War.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/1180717/msnbc-jan-6-was-worse-than-9-11/

10 minutes ago, cbo said:

Trump spoke to a crowd of people, encouraging them not to accept the election results, and then THOUSANDS of those SAME people stormed the Capitol IMMEDIATELY after. 

So, if it doesn’t happen exactly the same it is a false equivalency, is that right?  This rhetoric against all thing MAGA by our president for 4 years that festered into an assasination attempt solely based on rhetoric.

Got it.

4 minutes ago, cbo said:

We are so lost. On both sides. 

We will now have to endure endless talk about how Biden is behind the shooting, Trump staged the shooting, etc. 

And, as we have already seen here, MAGA will use today to justify everything Trump has done or will ever do. 

When the truth is, the act of a single person means s*** all about any group. It's not like this has never happened before, on both sides. 

The media will continue to do a lousy job reporting all of this and we will continue to ignore the important problems in this country that need to be addressed. 

THIS.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Ok. 

• Like 1

This board really sucks sometimes... maybe most of the time.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Cardin Drake said:

It is the cesspool for a reason. 

6 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Today is unacceptable and a tragedy.  Trying to go instantly political with this before the victims family is even notified is imo inappropriate.

Good for you.

12 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

If so, :-\ 

What's their motivation?

3 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Today’s attempt was disgusting and is being condemned around the world and by every decent American.  People making statements accusing the current President of ordering or being responsible should also be condemned. That is inflammatory bs.

Every American should be in agreement concerning that.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

If so, :-\ 

What's their motivation?

I can't believe you haven't figured that out by now....................

• Dislike 1

14 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

A deranged nut shot at Trump, not a political movement.

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Today’s attempt was disgusting and is being condemned around the world and by every decent American.  People making statements accusing the current President of ordering or being responsible should also be condemned. That is inflammatory bs.

Every American should be in agreement concerning that.

We know Biden didn't order anything because he doesn't know anything.

16 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

So, hypotheticals are not permissable in a political debate?  :dunno:

Stay rational.

4 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

If that person wanted Trump dead, that person doesn't support the republican party. Don't kid yourself.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

I can't believe you haven't figured that out by now....................

No I haven't.

Please enlighten me.

24 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

You might as well ask for World Peace, End to the War in Gaza, and a cure for Cancer. You will get all three before he stays on topic.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

If that person wanted Trump dead, that person doesn't support the republican party. Don't kid yourself.

Ok. And your point is?

I doubt that Reagan’s shooter was a registered Republican either. 

11 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I am sure to my soul that if Biden was shot at, you would be blaming at least 81M Americans as being guilty. 

This is screamingly funny watching you post tonite like this forum actually has sane, reflective voices around here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

Ok. And your point is?

I doubt that Reagan’s shooter was a registered Republican either. 

WTF does that even mean????

10 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

We know Biden didn't order anything because he doesn't know anything.

Other than him wanting boys to be girls and hating America right?

That kind of thinking is part of the problem.