I Think the Dems Have Lost the High Ground

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This post right here made my night. Unbelievably well done, sirπŸ˜‚

You cannot be of the belief that this is as bad as the Civil War or 9/11. That is childlike idiocy.

1 minute ago, DKW 86 said:

Then, you Sir, and people like you are indeed the problem.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I did not see any of the initial headlines but thinking that those headlines are ok is why we can't have rational conversations.Β 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Well, I’m sure will believe this is a horrible stain on America’s history. Β It is as bad as 9-11 or the Civil War. Β The fact you can’t look at your side and see that they are some idiots that should not be walking the earth will commit stupid acts on, what they think, is on your behalf, you are the problem.

You and a few others refer to MAGAs with pure disdain it must be hard to believe you have these types in your high brow movement.

WTF GIFs on GIPHY - Be Animated

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

He told the country that he had called Trump to check on him. Good lordΒ 

Biden doesn't care about Trump! Don't kid yourself...............................

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

You can’t see it. Β It was an assasination attempt. Β The Dems are so jacked up that they may loose this election a follower was going to end Trump’s life.

It’s worse!

IMG_3316.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

If you think that IAM4 would shoot anyone or is part of any organization that would shoot someone, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.Β 

Β 

Please show me where I intimated that in ANY WAY?

Just now, AU9377 said:

You cannot be of the belief that this is as bad as the Civil War or 9/11. That is childlike idiocy.

Lmao! No of course not. That is literally the stupidest thing I’ve read on this website in the 15 years I’ve been here. It made me laugh out loud though. That’s why he get the kuddos.

• Like 2

Just now, TexasTiger said:

It’s worse!

IMG_3316.jpeg

Another WTF moment...

I am going off this thread. Both sides have truly ******* lost it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You can’t see it. Β It was an assasination attempt. Β The Dems are so jacked up that they may loose this election a follower was going to end Trump’s life.

Thank God Trump is ok and that's what really matters at the moment. He is very lucky to be alive. Don't worry about these ignorant left wing lunatics for now.

Edited by IronMan70
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This post right here made my night. Unbelievably well done, sirπŸ˜‚

All the Jan 6th posts I read were just as silly. Β This act nullified Jan 6th.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, TexasTiger said:

It’s worse!

IMG_3316.jpeg

It’s 3rd district, not 10th.

Just now, DKW 86 said:

WTF GIFs on GIPHY - Be Animated

I could be wrong, but I took this as him saying there will be folks on the right that will equate this to those events....meaning that both sides have nutjobs and even the left needs to look at themselves in the mirror.Β 

• Like 2

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

They are nothing alike.

How do you figure that?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Sounds silly doesn’t it. Β Same as I thought about Jan 6th.

Did anyone on here say Jan 6th was worse than 9/11 or the Civil War?

The false equivalencies run deep with you. Let me help:

Trump spoke to a crowd of people, encouraging them not to accept the election results, and then THOUSANDS of those SAME people stormed the Capitol IMMEDIATELY after.Β 

One person shot at Trump today. We know nothing about him. Pretty sure he didn't come straight from a Biden rally, though.Β 

Β 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Wackos out there trying to say he staged it. You can't make this up.Β 

Β 

You find that surprising?

What do you think MAGAs would be saying if someone shot of the top off Biden's ear?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, homersapien said:

You find that surprising?

What do you think MAGAs would be saying if someone shot of the top off Biden's ear?

No not surprised, unfortunately. Par for the course these days.Β 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

How do you figure that?

For 4 years the Dems have used what happened that day as proof Trump was staging an insurrection and it was blown way out of proportion IMO. Β This was an actual assasination attempt on a former President and leading contender for the current presidential race.

The rhetoric fueled both incidents, both where ugly and should not have happened. Β What the Dems will have to contend with is this one is fresh on people’s mind. Β When Biden starts bringing up Jan 6th, Trump will reference this.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

And for years we all got to hear how everyone is a MAGA, everyone is a ProudBoy, everyone is QAnon, etc.Β  They are just doing what the heard the Dems doing for the last 8 years.

QAnon is a sick ignorant conspiracy deranged group. MAGA is ridiculous. Proudboys are a divisive right wing group that promotes violence. Β Everyone is not any of those. There are left wing groups that are just as deranged, but they didn’t coordinate Jan6th. Β Everyone has idiots. Call them all out, but none of them are related to this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For 4 years the Dems have used what happened that day as proof Trump was staging an insurrection and it was blown way out of proportion IMO. Β This was an actual assasination attempt on a former President and leading contender for the current presidential race.

The rhetoric fueled both incidents, both where ugly and should not have happened. Β What the Dems will have to contend with is this one is fresh on people’s mind. Β When Biden starts bringing up Jan 6th, Trump will reference this.

When Trump admits he lost in 2020, let me know.

• Like 1

For years, our media (entertainment companies) and our politicians (both parties) have turned the art of selling hate and division into a business and an art. Vitriol, name calling, threatening language, corruption, insurrections, assassination attempts. We are now reaping what has been sown. It is sad and I’m increasingly concerned we are at a point of no return.Β 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Another WTF moment...

I am going off this thread. Both sides have truly ******* lost it.

We are so lost. On both sides.Β 

We will now have to endure endless talk about how Biden is behind the shooting, Trump staged the shooting, etc.Β 

And, as we have already seen here, MAGA will use today to justify everything Trump has done or will ever do.Β 

When the truth is, the act of a single person means s*** all about any group. It's not like this has never happened before, on both sides.Β 

The media will continue to do a lousy job reporting all of this and we will continue to ignore the important problems in this country that need to be addressed.Β 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Brother. The two things are both terrible, but not at all the same. There is a major difference between 1 person attempting an assassination and thousands of people trying to overthrow the processings of our election system, after their leader riled them up. It is damn near impossible to control the actions of 1 person. A simple, β€œBiden won and I concede would have prevented January 6th.Β 

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1