I Think the Dems Have Lost the High Ground

34 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

He aggressively attacked the Republican governor of Georgia and Sec of State because they refused to intervene on his behalf.  It was the right thing to do, but Trump wanted them to do anything but the right thing.  Pence isn't his running mate today because he refused to go along with Trump's plan.  That is obvious.  I understand you point, but I don't see how that isn't a problem.

Had Obama done any of that, Republicans would have demanded that he be hung for treason.

Trump verbally attacks many people publically. A large number of folks find it repulsive, myself included. It is the primary reason many of his people turned on him and refused to endorse him. I don't blame them. 

But saying something to the effect "we think we won by 40000 and only need 12000, please take a look and find that 12000" while crude, is just another challenge to election count. Not the first time this has happened. 

Obama won. I don't see why he would be asking for a recount. Maybe Stacey Abrams, Hilary Clinton, or Al Gore would be better examples.

Interesting how quickly the mass backlash on this has vanished. The news cycle is moving at lightning speed these days.

On 7/16/2024 at 12:49 PM, AUFAN78 said:

Trump verbally attacks many people publically. A large number of folks find it repulsive, myself included. It is the primary reason many of his people turned on him and refused to endorse him. I don't blame them. 

But saying something to the effect "we think we won by 40000 and only need 12000, please take a look and find that 12000" while crude, is just another challenge to election count. Not the first time this has happened. 

Obama won. I don't see why he would be asking for a recount. Maybe Stacey Abrams, Hilary Clinton, or Al Gore would be better examples.

I wouldn't vote for Stacey Abrams to be dog catcher.  That said, the other two examples conceded the race and attended the inauguration that followed.

8 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I wouldn't vote for Stacey Abrams to be dog catcher.  That said, the other two examples conceded the race and attended the inauguration that followed.

Me either. Good.

11 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Me either. Good.

In fact, I voted for the current Republican governor of Georgia.

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Interesting how quickly the mass backlash on this has vanished. The news cycle is moving at lightning speed these days.

Keep believing that:

14 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Keep believing that:

I’m not making a snide comment. The coverage of the attempted assassination is a lot more lax than I would have expected. The RNC is probably watering it down a bit, but I was convinced that it was going to rule the airwaves for weeks. 

17 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Keep believing that:

With that being said, here’s your snide comment, since you’re hungry for one. 

The wind was knocked out of the “it’s the dems fault for calling Trump a Nazi” sail, when we found out the guy was a conservative, gun loving, MAGA parent having, regular old loan wolf. And it got even worse for y’all when he named a guy who called him Hitler as his VP.

There you go😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m not making a snide comment. The coverage of the attempted assassination is a lot more lax than I would have expected. The RNC is probably watering it down a bit, but I was convinced that it was going to rule the airwaves for weeks. 

It has now shifted to the ineptitude of the SS.  That will be in the news for a while.  It is not surprising that the MSM is trying to move on.

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

With that being said, here’s your snide comment, since you’re hungry for one. 

The wind was knocked out of the “it’s the dems fault for calling Trump a Nazi” sail, when we found out the guy was a conservative, gun loving, MAGA parent having, regular old loan wolf. And it got even worse for y’all when he named a guy who called him Hitler as his VP.

There you go😏

Good one.  The *republican* that shot Trump is now dead and I am sure he will be voting for Biden in the upcoming election.  :poke:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Good one.  The *republican* that shot Trump is now dead and I am sure he will be voting for Biden in the upcoming election.  :poke:

I mean, you don’t have to claim him as a Republican. But he was a registered republican, his classmates say he was a conservative who wore camo to school all the time, his parents are Republicans, he was assuredly a big gun fan, and his household was apparently target as a potential household to campaign to and attempt to get donations from. 

He sure does sound like a Republican. 

The question is why. Was it to make Trump a martyr? Alex Jones had a theory about this a while ago. His words were, that assassinating Trump would galvanize the right to epic levels. Maybe the guy was an Alex Jones freak? Who knows. Very interesting times…

P.S. Would you tell your girl Marge to quit talking about having a civil war with dems. I don’t think she got the memo that the GOP was going all kumbaya. Same with Ron Johnson.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I mean, you don’t have to claim him as a Republican. But he was a registered republican, his classmates say he was a conservative who wore camo to school all the time, his parents are Republicans, he was assuredly a big gun fan, and his household was apparently target as a potential household to campaign to and attempt to get donations from. 

The question is why. Was it to make Trump a martyr? Alex Jones had a theory about this a while ago. His words were, that assassinating Trump would galvanize the right to epic levels. Maybe the guy was an Alex Jones freak? Who knows. Very interesting times…

P.S. Would you tell your girl Marge to quit talking about having a civil war with dems. I don’t think she got the memo that the GOP was going all kumbaya. Same with Ron Johnson.

There is a lot more to this story and I don’t know if we will ever find out the truth.  Too many holes lined up for this guy to get as far as he did.

I have no control over Marge, I have little control over my wife.  The only control I have is when she lets me have the TV remote.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

All we really know is that he was one obviously very disturbed kid. Not old enough to be true registered anything.

You are sounding like a child yourself.

36 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Honest question do you have a source for Crooks parents being Republicans?

I have one that states them mother was registered Democrat and the father was a Libertarian. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

All we really know is that he was one obviously very disturbed kid. Not old enough to be true registered anything.

You are sounding like a child yourself.

😂

Im simply pointing out details that we know about the guy’s life. How is that childish. Before you guys go all scorched earth on Dems, I just think it’s important for you to know that it’s very likely he was one of your own. 

And yes he was obviously disturbed. He was a registered Republican…

image.gif.c138b5b84bb723d8861cf3c2c29b8c11.gif

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, JMWATS said:

Honest question do you have a source for Crooks parents being Republicans?

I have one that states them mother was registered Democrat and the father was a Libertarian. 

I saw that. I misspoke on that part. They weren’t registered Republicans. They were however targeted by the Republican Party as people worth campaigning to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

😂

Im simply pointing out details that we know about the guy’s life. How is that childish. Before you guys go all scorched earth on Dems, I just think it’s important for you to know that it’s very likely he was one of your own. 

And yes he was obviously disturbed. He was a registered Republican…

image.gif.c138b5b84bb723d8861cf3c2c29b8c11.gif

Confirms my childish comment.

3 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Confirms my childish comment.

image.gif.738ef87127875979413c52c0c3cf19e5.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The continued election denialism, the 2025 project theocracy overtones, and the civil war yapping are the kind of things that could still cost Trump. IMO the Dems can’t realistically win the election, but the GOP could still self implode lose it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

The continued election denialism, the 2025 project theocracy overtones, and the civil war yapping are the kind of things that could still cost Trump. IMO the Dems can’t realistically win the election, but the GOP could still self implode lose it.

4 months is like eternity for Trump to blow all momentum he has at moment. 

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

4 months is like eternity for Trump to blow all momentum he has at moment. 

Yep! In today’s social media/internet heavy cycle, 24/48hrs is a very long time. 

4 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I saw that. I misspoke on that part. They weren’t registered Republicans. They were however targeted by the Republican Party as people worth campaigning to.

Along with millions of others. 

15 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Along with millions of others. 

Yes. Other people who Cambridge analytica has determined are likely Trump voters. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1

24 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Yes. Other people who Cambridge analytica has determined are likely Trump voters. 

Both of Crooks’ parents worked as social workers, according to state license records. His father is registered to vote as a Libertarian and his mother is registered as a Democrat, state voter records show.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/14/us/trump-rally-gunman-thomas-crooks-invs/index.html

Edited by JMWATS