I Think the Dems Have Lost the High Ground

Wow. 

2 minutes ago, JMWATS said:

Dems never had the high ground in my opinion.  

They thought they did.  It will be as quiet in here as it was the day after the debate.

RNC convention begins Monday, should be an interesting week.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

They thought they did.  It will be as quiet in here as it was the day after the debate.

I'm not sure it's fair to say one person's actions represent the morals of over half the country. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is a ridiculous tragic act by some deranged person. Unfortunately, this is where ultra partisanship leads when both sides keep digging their trenches.  How many times have Republicans ranted about the Biden crime family or other bull****? Likewise, Democrats love to act as though they are the only people that can save America. None of it is helpful. 

There is no high ground. There is a country that is a tinder box being stoked every day.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 7/13/2024 at 7:53 PM, cbo said:

I'm not sure it's fair to say one person's actions represent the morals of over half the country. 

Talk to me about Jan 6th.  

Edited by I_M4_AU

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

This is a ridiculous tragic act by some deranged person. Unfortunately, this is where ultra partisanship leads when both sides keep digging their trenches.  How many times have Republicans ranted about the Biden crime family or other bull****? Likewise, Democrats love to act as though they are the only people that can save America. None of it is helpful. 

There is no high ground. There is a country that is a tinder box being stoked every day.

Biden said, just this week, to put the target on Trump.  Was he trying to save democracy by getting the man shot?  Sounds as ridiculous as some of the Jan 6th rhetoric; doesn’t it?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You know that is bull. How many times have Republicans claimed they are the only real Americans and that the Democrats hate America etc etc etc.?  Anyone with a functioning brain should know that is nonsense, but some don’t.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, cbo said:

Trump just won the election

He probably just did. Unfortunately...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Biden said, just this week, to put the target on Trump.  Was he trying to save democracy by getting the man shot?  Sounds as ridiculous as some of the Jan 6th rhetoric; doesn’t it?

Your kind of partisanship is THE PROBLEM!

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Talk to my about Jan 6th.  

You think this excuses a man’s actions when he attempted to prevent the certification of a valid US. Election? Tell that to some idiot. I know better.

• Like 1

Just now, AU9377 said:

You know that is bull. How many times have Republicans claimed they are the only real Americans and that the Democrats hate America etc etc etc.?  Anyone with a functioning brain should know that is nonsense, but some don’t.

Was the rhetoric about an insurrection just as much bull?  Should the Republicans get committee to investigate the assasination attempt and hire an ABC producer to produce it?

5 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

4 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Your kind of partisanship is THE PROBLEM!

He didnt just shoot at a presidential candidate. His side didn't shoot at a presidential nominee. 

If you think you know him well enough to declare him on the side of the shooter, all initial evidence to the contrary, then YOU are the problem.

You know this was likely the death blow to any attempt to derail his campaign. You know that there will immediately be 1001 lame-ass jokes about missing the target, need to try again, wished he hadn't missed, etc. You know that. 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Tell that to some idiot

He’s talking to himself. He’s got it covered.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DKW 86 said:

He didnt just shoot at a presidential candidate. His side didn't shoot at a presidential nominee. 

If you think you know him well enough to delcare him on the side of the shooter, all initial evidence to the contrary, then YOU are the problem.

You know this was likely the death blow to any attempt to derail his campaign. You know that there will immediately be 1001 lame-ass jokes about missing the target, need to try again, wished he hadn't missed, etc. You know that. 

I have no idea what you mean. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

Just now, AU9377 said:

I have no idea what you mean. 

You really are just like joe...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

He probably just did. Unfortunately...

Not arguing your point but at least you can have a coherent conversation with Trump. Biden not so much...............

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Was the rhetoric about an insurrection just as much bull?  Should the Republicans get committee to investigate the assasination attempt and hire an ABC producer to produce it?

Deranged nonsense is what this kind of statement is.

• Like 1