2025 4* QB KJ Lacey (Texas)

Notable offers: AU, Texas, Bama, FSU, Ole Miss, Oklahoma, Oregon, ND, A&M, Miami,
Long time Texas commit but AU may be surging now.

• Thanks 1

@ellitorThanks for starting this. I was looking for his thread earlier. 

I know his name has been thrown around often over the last year as both a top target and one that we have a decent shot with. Especially during the time of Ryen Williams recruiting etc. Obviously, the staff likes him and he's a good fit for our RPO. 

If you were to rate our chances of getting KJ vs. Deuce with what you know at the moment, do you like KJ is the more likely of the two? Or do you think he's likely locked in with Texas?  

Edited by HAPvsOA

4 hours ago, HAPvsOA said:

If you were to rate our chances of getting KJ vs. Deuce with what you know at the moment, do you like KJ is the more likely of the two?

@HAPvsOA I don't know anything. I just pass on what AY recruiting reporters and insiders say when I can. That said it seems like KJ is the top target an more likely, now.

4 hours ago, HAPvsOA said:

Or do you think he's likely locked in with Texas? 

From the OP

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

but AU may be surging now.

• Thanks 1

I get the JFIII vibes

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, aucom96 said:

I get the JFIII vibes

How? JF3 never showed the passing prowess that KJ has shown on any level. I don’t doubt that JF3 is a much better athlete. 

• Like 2

He's 9th best QB in the country but only 9th best overall in state of Alabama? Nice, solid in-state talent year.