Will Freeze be more involved in the offense this season?

Last year you always heard he was working the recruiting needs and wasn’t able to get involved in game plans and what not.  With the recruiting class more or less rolling do you think he’ll be more involved?

I personally believe that he has to be at this juncture to be successful. At least for a year or two.

Survey says ……. YES. He better be. Hopefully it also means the offense will be significantly better. 

• Like 1

On 7/10/2024 at 8:50 PM, au701948 said:

I personally believe that he has to be at this juncture to be successful. At least for a year or two.

He was hired for his offense, QB development system, beating bama back-to-back seasons and his SEC coaching & recruiting experience.  He said recruiting was the reason why he couldn't game-plan or coach last year.  He has to coach and put his stamp on this program this year or the natives in the Jungle will get restless. 

Edited by JerryAU
  • Like 6

He very recently said primary play calling would be handled by OC and QB Coach. I suppose the silver lining was that he planned on being involved routinely in Offense Planning.

I am all for Hugh, but he hopefully will ultimately decide to go with what made him a coach worth hiring. JMO

• Like 1

If he wants to remain the head coach it would be a good idea.

He mainly wanted the Auburn job for the cash and a big time SEC program. Coaching is not his thing, getting others to do it , is.

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, TigerOne said:

He mainly wanted the Auburn job for the cash and a big time SEC program. Coaching is not his thing, getting others to do it , is.

You really should just get a few lines together and copy and paste. 

17 hours ago, TigerOne said:

To be fair, that’s most head coaches in todays game. 

I believe he's already said (months ago) that he's going to be calling plays and wouldn't that mean that he's more involved?

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, WarTiger said:

I believe he's already said (months ago) that he's going to be calling plays and wouldn't that mean that he's more involved?

Kinda answers the question on the table doesn’t it!!

I think that not having a big step forward on offense this year would make recruiting more difficult, and therefore hope to see him (much) more involved.