Caitlin Clark

It’s interesting how enamored Fox is with Caitlin Clark. She’s been averaging probably 2  major articles a week since she joined the wnba  - always defending  or supporting.  And it’s …. sports. Not other news source (even espn) gives her this level of coverage. Been noticing it for months. Obviously there are racial  overtones to this but the sheer level of fixation on this young lady is surprising and is probably embarrassing for her.
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/espn-stars-angel-reese-rookie-year-pick-explanation-draws-backlash-awful-take

• Wow 1

You pay attention to the WNBA?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

It’s interesting how enamored Fox is with Caitlin Clark. She’s been averaging probably 2  major articles a week since she joined the wnba  - always defending  or supporting.  And it’s …. sports. Not other news source (even espn) gives her this level of coverage. Been noticing it for months. Obviously there are racial  overtones to this but the sheer level of fixation on this young lady is surprising and is probably embarrassing for her.
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/espn-stars-angel-reese-rookie-year-pick-explanation-draws-backlash-awful-take

I don't watch Fox, so really can't comment on their level of CC coverage. I watch ESPN daily. There isn't a day she's not mentioned. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

It's a Fox article about an espn article, about WNBA stuff :lol: 

Though like anything else, I assume it's getting clicks so they'll keep posting garbage until people stop clicking on it.

50 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You pay attention to the WNBA?

Nope. But I’ve only seen Fox News heavily cover 2 sports figures in the past several years - Clark and Lia Thomas (Penn trans swimmer). When they fixate there’s an end of times cultural agenda of some sort going on. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Nope. But I’ve only seen Fox News heavily cover 2 sports figures in the past several years - Clark and Lia Thomas (Penn trans swimmer). When they fixate there’s an end of times cultural agenda of some sort going on. 

As @AUFAN78points out ESPN has something daily about her.  She just had a triple double as a rookie, the only reason I know this is because of X.  She is an excuse to race bait.  Sad really.  She is a good BB player.  Lea Thomas is still a man.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

As @AUFAN78points out ESPN has something daily about her.  She just had a triple double as a rookie, the only reason I know this is because of X.  She is an excuse to race bait.  Sad really.  She is a good BB player.  Lea Thomas is still a man.

I agree. My only point is I wish Fox would stop “baiting” - it’s obvious and not helpful. She has the potential to be the wnba’s tiger woods/jordon and take the league from near financial ruin to something viable (espn is always trying to spark interest in the wnba, soccer, lacrosse, formula one - anything that will draw more viewership).

I don’t have this problem, I don’t watch Fox. 

8 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Who is Caitlin Clark?

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Who is Caitlin Clark?

Salty you need to get out more. Theres a whole world out there😇

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, JMWATS said:

It’s about money. Plain and simple.

ESPN is making money with the focus on her. The WNBA is making bank right now because she’s sort of a cultural phenomenon that transcends sport. 

• Like 2

For some reason I thought this was a thread about Bruce Jenner at first.  LOL

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AU9377 said:

For some reason I thought this was a thread about Bruce Jenner at first.  LOL

You've been watching too much Nickelodeon. ;D