Biden-Stephanopoulos Interview

Posted (edited)

1) I was wrong, the questions were not all softballs.

2) GS seemed to me to be holding firm that PJB needed to step down. GS stayed firm that Biden needed to be looking at the good of the nation and party.

3) From the immediate talking heads segments, most agreed that Biden presented much better than at the debate. He took full responsibility for the disaster several times. But most still thought that the interview did not put a dent in the bad perception of the debate. 

4) In all actuality, if you have ever dealt with an aged relative, then you know the signs, and Biden just cant act them all away anymore. 

If Biden stays, it is due to party rules for $$$ and deadlines. I can see now that the DNC Leadership has made the decision to try and get him to back out. GS was laying more bricks in the final wall of Biden's possible end. The interview at the end of the news cycle was likely a hedged bet by the Biden Campaign in case it all went south again. Again, overall, in my opinion, Biden did very little good, and certainly not enough good to negate the bad debate.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree George did a good job with the interview and brought out concerns for Joe continuing the race to the WH.  Question for you; The DNC is between a rock and a hard place in terms of $$$ and dead lines, so if Biden were to discontinue his bid for the WH (and it is his choice) what would be the reason behind his withdrawal that would be acceptable to both the DNC and Biden?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I agree George did a good job with the interview and brought out concerns for Joe continuing the race to the WH.  Question for you; The DNC is between a rock and a hard place in terms of $$$ and dead lines, so if Biden were to discontinue his bid for the WH (and it is his choice) what would be the reason behind his withdrawal that would be acceptable to both the DNC and Biden?

Democrats are known for staying to long and it can cost them.  i can watch that video of Hillary passing out and it never gets old. 🙂  I don't think he steps down on his own.

finestine.webp

ginsburg.jpg

Edited by JMWATS
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

An illness maybe. Who would not believe that now?

I thought the response to the would he step down/quit question was kinda of weird. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

An illness maybe. Who would not believe that now?

If it was an illness, would that illness impact his ability to do the job?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

If it was an illness, would that illness impact his ability to do the job?

Just a reason to get him out. No one is going to invoke the 25th Amendment on Biden. The process would probably take too long to enact.

• Like 1