Trump and Project 2025

On 7/7/2024 at 12:00 PM, auburnatl1 said:

He was a democrat only because the local NY politicians were democrats  and if you want commercial real estate  zoning favors, it matters.

Well, he was a Republican doing business in New York far longer than he was doing so as a Democrat. $$$ matters and he was loaded.

On 7/7/2024 at 3:08 PM, homersapien said:

"Trump registered as a Republican in Manhattan in 1987; since that time, he has changed his party affiliation five times. In 1999, Trump changed his party affiliation to the Independence Party of New York. In August 2001, Trump changed his party affiliation to Democratic. In September 2009, Trump changed his party affiliation back to the Republican Party. In December 2011, Trump changed to "no party affiliation" (independent). In April 2012, Trump again returned to the Republican Party.[4]

In a 2004 interview, Trump told CNN's Wolf Blitzer: "In many cases, I probably identify more as Democrat", explaining: "It just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans. Now, it shouldn't be that way. But if you go back, I mean it just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats...But certainly we had some very good economies under Democrats, as well as Republicans. But we've had some pretty bad disaster under the Republicans."[5] In a July 2015 interview, Trump said that he has a broad range of political positions and that "I identify with some things as a Democrat."[4]".........

......Liberal economist and columnist Paul Krugman disputes that Trump is a populist, arguing that his policies favor the rich over those less well off.[27] Harvard Kennedy School political scientist Pippa Norris has described Trump as a "populist authoritarian" analogous to European parties such as the Swiss People's Party, Austrian Freedom Party, Swedish Democrats, and Danish People's Party.[28] Columnist Walter Shapiro and political commentator Jonathan Chait describe Trump as authoritarian.[29][30] Conservative commentator Mary Katharine Ham characterized Trump as a "casual authoritarian," saying "he is a candidate who has happily and proudly spurned the entire idea of limits on his power as an executive and doesn't have any interest in the Constitution and what it allows him to do and what [it] does not allow him to do. That is concerning for people who are interested in limited government."[31] Charles C. W. Cooke of the National Review has expressed similar views, terming Trump an "anti-constitutional authoritarian."[32] Libertarian journalist Nick Gillespie, by contrast, calls Trump "populist rather than an authoritarian".[33] Rich Benjamin refers to Trump and his ideology as fascist and a form of inverted totalitarianism.[34]

...."During the last week of his presidential term, Trump was reportedly considering founding a new political party and wanted to call it the Patriot Party.[18]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Donald_Trump

Thank you homey. I was just pointing out he was a Republican longer than he was a Democrat. IMO he's neither, but when was wiki ever wrong? ;D

The only Project 2025 I would support is the one that led to the implosion of the two parties in power and began a sequence of events that allowed for true, equal representation of the citizens of the United States. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cbo said:

If the Heritage Foundation has figured out how to manipulate Trump to push their deranged agenda, we might be in big trouble. 

It is being sold in part as an attempt to reverse the current deranged agenda. My gut is we'll be fine with whatever survives. You nor I may like it, but we'll be fine nonetheless.

7 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

It is being sold in part as an attempt to reverse the current deranged agenda. My gut is we'll be fine with whatever survives. You nor I may like it, but we'll be fine nonetheless.

I'm pretty sure I will be fine. I'm more concerned about my kids and any kids they may have someday. 

What is the "current deranged agenda" that you oppose? I honestly want to know. What has Biden accomplished that bothers you, as far as policies? And I don't want to hear about gender or sexuality, which hurts no one. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

“Beloved.” 🤣 

There are a lot of photos and stories out there Tex. Or maybe they really hated him? ;D

Image: Donald Trump Sr. and Melania Trump Wedding, Self Assignment, January 22, 2005

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

There are a lot of photos and stories out there Tex. Or maybe they really hated him? ;D

Image: Donald Trump Sr. and Melania Trump Wedding, Self Assignment, January 22, 2005

We learned a lot more about Trump when he ran for office, naturally. So reasonable people might have changed their minds. 

Personally, I always thought he was an obnoxious blowhard. But, yes, I liked him better when he was a joke and not the president. 

I actually somewhat agree with your point, though. Political leaders on both sides like anyone who has money to support them. Very few have principles that outweigh their lust for authority.

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

I'm pretty sure I will be fine. I'm more concerned about my kids and any kids they may have someday. 

What is the "current deranged agenda" that you oppose? I honestly want to know. What has Biden accomplished that bothers you, as far as policies? And I don't want to hear about gender or sexuality, which hurts no one. 

I said it is sold partly as a reversal of current deranged policies. I have not read much on the plan other than a couple of articles that touched the surface.

What bothers me about Biden?

His mental acuity

Border policies (what are we at? 10 million illegals?}

Reckless spending that contributes to inflation 

Bungling foreign policy (not sure if you've looked at news abroad lately, but it paints an incredibly weak picture. Started in Afghanistan) 

Lax education emphasis

Gender and sexuality taught at an early age can certainly lead to harm. Florida's K-3 seems logical although I would not be opposed to K-6. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, cbo said:

We learned a lot more about Trump when he ran for office, naturally. So reasonable people might have changed their minds. 

Personally, I always thought he was an obnoxious blowhard. But, yes, I liked him better when he was a joke and not the president. 

I actually somewhat agree with your point, though. Political leaders on both sides like anyone who has money to support them. Very few have principles that outweigh their lust for authority.

I paid little attention to the guy and didn't watch his reality show. I knew little about him other than he was super wealthy and owned top-notch properties.

I wish we could take money out of politics, but it drives it with no end in sight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

I said it is sold partly as a reversal of current deranged policies. I have not read much on the plan other than a couple of articles that touched the surface.

What bothers me about Biden?

His mental acuity

Bungling foreign policy (not sure if you've looked at news abroad lately, but it paints an incredibly weak picture. Started in Afghanistan) 

Lax education emphasis

Gender and sexuality taught at an early age can certainly lead to harm. Florida's K-3 seems logical although I would not be opposed to K-6. 

You should definitely read at least the high points of Project 2025 before you vote for Trump. There is no way he doesn't know where this is coming from, when many of his former White House staff members are with the Heritage Foundation. He made his statement because the HF beliefs/policies are too extreme for most people and he wants to win the election. If he wins, who knows what's next. 

As far as your issues with Biden:

His mental acuity

Of course, I think most of us agree. 

The gap between Biden and Trump on the border is not as big as most people think. Biden has deported more people than Trump. And this whole thing is overblown anyway. 

This is not a Biden issue and Trump will not make it any better. 

I agree that Biden has been bad on foreign policy, but I promise you Trump is not respected worldwide. 

Lax education emphasis

Honestly know nothing about this. Is Trump focused on education?

I called this one out in advance but you couldn't resist. I have seen no evidence that kindergarteners are being taught about gender and sexuality. At least not in a widespread way that would warrant the reaction from the right. Either way, I don't think it's a big deal if they are. Depends on what is actually discussed. 

I appreciate your response. But let me ask this a different way. What specific policy, law, whatever, has Biden enacted that you are against? 

6 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Ok. Epstein was beloved by Trump.

IMG_3145.jpeg

IMG_3146.jpeg

• Haha 1

How many of you have changed your mind on core issues over the past 20 years?  Not many. 

Trump in 2008 - "Hillary would make a GREAT President."

10 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Well, he was a Republican doing business in New York far longer than he was doing so as a Democrat. $$$ matters and he was loaded.

With his father’s money. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

The further it goes to the right, the further it’ll swing to the left in 4 years.  It’s a physics balancing act.

If one of the parties doesn’t produce a semblance of a moderate to stabilize this, these crazy bipolar swings are never ending and as predictable as gravity.

There you go with the false equivalency. :-\

You think Biden is a radical liberal?  Was Obama? Is there any radical liberal in line for the Democratic nomination?

Democrats have been running moderates.  The extremism is coming from one side.

But I agree, there will be a reaction to the 2025 agenda.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

You think Biden is a radical liberal?  Was Obama? Is there any radical liberal in line for the Democratic nomination?

You are delusional….but kudos on standing your ground. 

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

I think the border and the student loan payback were progressive-based  policies.

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

I think the border and the student loan payback were progressive-based  policies.

People don't realize that the DOE has been forgiving student loan debt for decades.  It has usually been in the form of defaults being cured by the payment of pennies on the dollar.  That has to occur in order to move things along.  We don't have debtor prisons and as of today bankruptcy isn't an option.  The Republican answer seems to be to do nothing, much like the answer for health care.  We have to stop going from one extreme to the other, imo.

6 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

With his father’s money. 

The first thing I do when calling on a business for donations is ask Did you get this money from your daddy? And naturally, if they say yes I decline acceptance. 

10 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Ok. Epstein was beloved by Trump.

IMG_3145.jpeg

IMG_3146.jpeg

And? I think these cats circle might surprise you.

13 hours ago, cbo said:

You should definitely read at least the high points of Project 2025 before you vote for Trump. There is no way he doesn't know where this is coming from, when many of his former White House staff members are with the Heritage Foundation. He made his statement because the HF beliefs/policies are too extreme for most people and he wants to win the election. If he wins, who knows what's next. 

LOL. I'm not voting for Trump or Biden. With regards to Trump, I don't really care what he knows about a think tank. Trump has proven over time he makes his own decisions. That could be a good or bad thing. And frankly, I'm not convinced he'll get elected. 

13 hours ago, cbo said:

As far as your issues with Biden:

His mental acuity

Of course, I think most of us agree. 

The gap between Biden and Trump on the border is not as big as most people think. Biden has deported more people than Trump. And this whole thing is overblown anyway. 

If you're allowing two, three, or four times more entries, one would hope he is deporting more.

This is not a Biden issue and Trump will not make it any better. 

You're crediting Trump with Biden's spending?

I agree that Biden has been bad on foreign policy, but I promise you Trump is not respected worldwide. 

I agree there is global concern surrounding a second term. Some of it is hyperbole.

Lax education emphasis

Honestly know nothing about this. Is Trump focused on education?

Grades are coming down. Naturally, the pandemic is to blame for some of this, but doesn't account for schools where the grades did not decline. According to the National Archives, Trump had a solid education plan.

I called this one out in advance but you couldn't resist. I have seen no evidence that kindergarteners are being taught about gender and sexuality. At least not in a widespread way that would warrant the reaction from the right. Either way, I don't think it's a big deal if they are. Depends on what is actually discussed. 

With all due respect, it's a problem and I will address it. As mentioned it can cause harm when taught at an early age. Look it up and read some of the child psychology reports.

I appreciate your response. But let me ask this a different way. What specific policy, law, whatever, has Biden enacted that you are against? 

If we are only talking policies I'd go with border and student loan forgiveness.  

Of course, there were other issues we did not cover like crime, but we'll save it for another day.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

LOL. I'm not voting for Trump or Biden. With regards to Trump, I don't really care what he knows about a think tank. Trump has proven over time he makes his own decisions. That could be a good or bad thing. And frankly, I'm not convinced he'll get elected. 

Appreciate the discussion. I'm not a Biden fan but I honestly wanted to know what some fear about a second term. To me he hasn't done much overall. We don't agree on many of these topics but you make fair points. 

• Like 1

Just now, cbo said:

Appreciate the discussion. I'm not a Biden fan but I honestly wanted to know what some fear about a second term. To me he hasn't done much overall. We don't agree on many of these topics but you make fair points. 

I'm on record for stating these so-called concerns from either party get overblown. You can thank the media for most of that. Just politics and campaign antics.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, aubaseball said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

r/PoliticalHumor - The reason they’re angry says a lot

Why do you think we Democrats give a crap about protecting Bill Clinton if he's done anything wrong or illegal? lol. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, autigeremt said:

You are delusional….but kudos on standing your ground. 

Delusional about what?