Trump and Project 2025

Can one of you Trump folks explain to me why Donny is lying about his knowledge of 2025? I don’t get it. If the heritage foundation has put together a great conservative platform to Make America Great Again, why is Trump distancing himself from it with obvious lies?

IMG_0979.webp

• Like 2

26 views and not one person is answering. Imagine having such an indefensible, unpopular and toxic platform as a conservative that you have to pretend you don’t know anything about it just to have a chance to get voted in to office so you can implement  it. Is this what we want as a society? 

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

26 views and not one person is answering. Imagine having such an indefensible, unpopular and toxic platform as a conservative that you have to pretend you don’t know anything about it just to have a chance to get voted in to office so you can implement  it. Is this what we want as a society? 

According to the internet it something derived from a “think tank”. Maybe the Heritage Foundation. Lots of ideas and agendas and ideas floated out from both sides.

Actually read about a few weeks ago on in a Sierra club article. I wouldn’t worry a great about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

According to the internet it something derived from a “think tank”. Maybe the Heritage Foundation. Lots of ideas and agendas and ideas floated out from both sides.

Actually read about a few weeks ago on in a Sierra club article. I wouldn’t worry a great about it.

Either you don’t know a lot about it or you’re knowingly playing the ignorance card.

Does this sound like a “think tank” plan floated by both sides? 

There is no “maybe” the Heritage Foundation. It was created by the HF. That’s just common knowledge. All 3 creators were members of the Trump administration. Their pictures are on the Project 2025 website.

IMG_0980.jpeg

You know Salty, I kind of hope you’re knowingly playing the ignorance card. Because it’s even more frightening to think that you’re willing to vote for Trump without knowing what he and the Heritage Foundation have planned for our country. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Either you don’t know a lot about it or your knowingly playing the ignorance card.

Does this sound like a a “think tank” plan floated by both sides? 

There is no “maybe” the Heritage Foundation. It was created by the HF. That’s just common knowledge. All 3 creators were members of the Trump administration. There pictures are on the Project 2025 website.

IMG_0980.jpeg

You know Salty, I kind of hope you’re knowingly playing the ignorance card. Because it’s even more frightening to think that you’re willing to vote for Trump without knowing what he and the Heritage Foundation have planned for our country. 

Everyone knows it’s deeply unpopular and they’re acting as if they either barely know or didn’t know about it because they know what it stands for and they secretly support it. It’s hard to count on ignorance when this idea has been around for the past year (and has been circulated for last few years). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Either you don’t know a lot about it or you’re knowingly playing the ignorance card.

Does this sound like a “think tank” plan floated by both sides? 

There is no “maybe” the Heritage Foundation. It was created by the HF. That’s just common knowledge. All 3 creators were members of the Trump administration. Their pictures are on the Project 2025 website.

IMG_0980.jpeg

I never said this stuff was floated from both sides. Saying there are also liberal/progressive think tanks. Not sure but I would bet all candidates are presented ideas. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I never said this stuff was floated from both sides. Saying there are also liberal/progressive think tanks. Not sure but I would bet all candidates are presented ideas. 

Oh sorry I misunderstood your comment. I mean yea I’m sure they’re all presented ideas. But the Heritage Foundation runs the show in conservative politics and this plan is complete insanity. So much so that Trump has to pretend he doesn’t know anything about it or the people behind it (all members of his administration). 

That tweet from Trump in itself should give pause to anyone planning on supporting MAGA candidates. If their ideas suck so bad they can’t even own them, they’re  probably not going to be great for society.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Man @AuCivilEng1you beg for people to respond to you post and when they do you trash them.  Good on ya man.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Man @AuCivilEng1you beg for people to respond to you post and when they do you trash them.  Good on ya man.

Who did I trash?

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Who did I trash?

Really?

and

So, you start off by calling Salty either not knowing a lot or playing the ingnorance card.

That is a great way to foster a discussion.

Posted (edited)

Saying that he either doesn’t know lot about Project 2025 or is acting like he doesn’t isn’t trashing him. Ignorance isn’t a negative quality. I’m ignorant about quantum physics, but that doesn’t mean I’m evil. 

With that being said, it’s disingenuous to act like Project 2025 is some think tank idea with no legs being floated about, if he does know what it is.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1

If Trump had just said he disagreed with some of their plan, that might have been believable. The fact he said he wasn't even aware of it made everything he said after complete garbage.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

If Trump had just said he disagreed with some of their plan, that might have been believable. The fact he said he wasn't even aware of it made everything he said after complete garbage.

I don’t even think it’s believable that he disagrees with the plan. This plan was specifically designed to accomplish all the stuff he’s talked about doing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Ignorance isn’t a negative quality.

^Awesome

So, as someone totally ignorant of 2025.

Can you give me the cliff notes?

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Really?

and

So, you start off by calling Salty either not knowing a lot or playing the ingnorance card.

That is a great way to foster a discussion.

I really laughed at your phrase “ingnorance card”

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, alanevans said:

I really laughed at your phrase “ingnorance card”

I can’t take credit for it; auCivil used it first.

55 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

^Awesome

So, as someone totally ignorant of 2025.

Can you give me the cliff notes?

Lol no. What the ****?!  Go read it yourself. It’s not my responsibility to inform you of the strategies of conservative politics.

15 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I can’t take credit for it; auCivil used it first.

Go back and read what you wrote and then we can discuss who’s ignorant

4 minutes ago, alanevans said:

Go back and read what you wrote and then we can discuss who’s ignorant

Can you even follow a conversation?  Look at what Civil said to Salty and me quoting Civil and his phrase *ingnorance card*.

Can you even follow a conversation?  Look at what Civil said to Salty and me quoting Civil and his phrase *ingnorance card*.

Ok, I agree…you and Salty are both equally ignorant 

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

23 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Lol no. What the ****?!  Go read it yourself. It’s not my responsibility to inform you of the strategies of conservative politics.

Seems like a play to get all reds acting and working together. I'm not a fan of that personally, removing the individuality of candidates even more than it already has been would be a negative to me.

Is that what you dislike about it?

• Facepalm 1

40 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Seems like a play to get all reds acting and working together. I'm not a fan of that personally, removing the individuality of candidates even more than it already has been would be a negative to me.

Is that what you dislike about it?

No I’m more concerned with the civil servants being replaced with loyalists, the ridding of the department of education, the attacks on LGBT rights, the continued assault on abortion and contraception access, and what seems to be a continuation of the push for more executive power and theocratic ideals.

I could give a damn less if the reds are aligned or not. 

People will suffer in multiple ways under this radical strategy. Even Trump knows that. That’s why he’s distancing himself from it. But I would bet my next paycheck and a Twix bar that The Heritage Foundation will get their way if Trump is elected. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1