Questions for the Dems in this Forum

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Trump wanted to prosecute many people that HIS DOJ refused to prosecute because their duty was not to TRUMP but to AMERICA.  Why is that hard to grasp?

I guess Garland has changed the norm about prosecution of your political rivals?  Is that what I am hearing?  Does this make Trump following the norm if he is elected and prosecutes his rivals?

Trump said he won’t, yet you guys don’t want to believe him.  Trump is trying to return to normal.  I don’t think he would go after an addled old man that would be sympathetic to the nation.  You know, like the Hur report mentioned.

Also, why would he as he would be a lame duck president and not threatened by those dolts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

If you had a lick of sense and weren’t such a fanboy, you’d be able to discern the huge differences in what he’s saying now from his first term and how much the Republican guard rails have been hollowed out. They all kiss his ass now. Like you.

I have never known you so butt hurt.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

If Joe stepped down he could give the reason that he's realized he's just not capable of serving 4 more years in a grueling job. It's possible for a person to say 'I can do this job for 6 more months, but probably not for 4 more years'.  

Curious, if Joe does step down would you then believe in God?

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Curious, if Joe does step down would you then believe in God?

No.  Everyone uses their brain to make decisions about what they do in life. Some people choose to believe that a God is influencing their thought process or communicating with them in some way through their brain to help them make decisions.

Even when I was a firm believer, I was always dubious about those claims. I was more of a believer in a mostly "earthly hands off" version of God. 

46 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I have never known you so butt hurt.

The comeback of morons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

No.  Everyone uses their brain to make decisions about what they do in life. Some people choose to believe that a God is influencing their thought process or communicating with them in some way through their brain to help them make decisions.

So he is delusional and should step down, as opposed to sane and should step down.  Got it.

• Like 1

This is an interesting take:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Pretty much. You can choose to be glib and ignore it, but there’s a ton there to deeply concern anyone paying close attention. The man is a narcissist driven only by personal grievance and perceived personal interest. Any guard rails that restrained the first term are gone. The Republican Party will totally take a knee. And the Supreme Court just gave him considerably more power to do it.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/who-is-donald-trump-planning-revenge-against.html

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/07/06/trump-second-term-world-order-00164045

https://ecfr.eu/publication/imagining-trump-2-0-six-scary-policy-scenarios-for-a-second-term/?amp

Why don't you just publish whichever manuscript of "The View" you copied this statement from?   And tell Whoopi I said hi next time you talk to her.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Why don't you just publish whichever manuscript of "The View" you copied this statement from?   And tell Whoopi I said hi next time you talk to her.

Just how many married cousins do you descend from?

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Just how many married cousins do you descend from?

At least 5.

9 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Trump wanted to prosecute many people that HIS DOJ refused to prosecute because their duty was not to TRUMP but to AMERICA.  Why is that hard to grasp?

Question: It is your opinion then that the DOJ is now going to grab their ankles and give him everything he wants? 

I am being serious here. This is why we have different branches of govt.

10 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Even when I was a firm believer, I was always dubious about those claims. I was more of a believer in a mostly "earthly hands off" version of God. 

Free Will is the greatest gift God gave us outside of Salvation. My opinion 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I guess Garland has changed the norm about prosecution of your political rivals?  Is that what I am hearing?  Does this make Trump following the norm if he is elected and prosecutes his rivals?

Trump said he won’t, yet you guys don’t want to believe him.  Trump is trying to return to normal.  I don’t think he would go after an addled old man that would be sympathetic to the nation.  You know, like the Hur report mentioned.

Also, why would he as he would be a lame duck president and not threatened by those dolts.

You can stop the self serving delusional fairy tale at any time you choose. NOBODY in the history of this country has done more abnormal acts as President than DJT.  He even went to the extent of attempting to overturn the results of a valid U.S. election to stay in power.  THAT is who you support and what you support. 

The reason that there will be no prosecutions if Trump wins is the same reason that there was no impeachment.  You can't prosecute someone with no evidence of wrongdoing.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Question: It is your opinion then that the DOJ is now going to grab their ankles and give him everything he wants? 

I believe that Trump will appoint people to the DOJ this time, if elected, that won't push back as much against what he wants.  The DOJ has always been part of the executive branch, but has operated independently of the White House in large part.  Trump put Bill Bar in the AG's seat to protect him.  He did that.  He simply could not stomach the lengths to which Trump wanted him to go to overturn a valid election in 2020. Bill Barr now warns that Trump should not be President.

• Like 1

And Barr is correct. I think most people understand that trump is a bad choice. I wish that 30 years ago the media wasn’t slavishly kissing his ass. We would all be better off if Trump had never been allowed to become a vacuous celebrity. 

Trump having a shot at winning this time around lands squarely at the feet of the Democratic Party. They should have known better to put this country in this position. They are equally at fault. 

• Wow 1

20 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Who appoints the head of DOJ?

46 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Who appoints the head of DOJ?

The DOJ is the DOJ. It is not one man. 

2 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Trump having a shot at winning this time around lands squarely at the feet of the Democratic Party. They should have known better to put this country in this position. They are equally at fault. 

Is this an example of that 'personal responsibility' that Conservatives always brag about having? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

This has been my contention all along.

Edited by I_M4_AU

35 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This has been my contention all along.

That is nothing but an unsupported opinion.  There is nothing at all unusual about someone not running and serving out their term.  He isn't incapable of doing either.

10 hours ago, AU9377 said:

That is nothing but an unsupported opinion.  There is nothing at all unusual about someone not running and serving out their term.  He isn't incapable of doing either.

Yes, it is an opinion, but if the Democrats want him replaced after garnering 81 million votes in the last election; why would that be?  How does such a popular president have full support on June 26th to the party wanting him replaced less than a month later?

If he is not seen as a viable candidate why should he run the country for 6 more months?

If he were to step down, that would automatically make Harris the president….is that the reason?  Are the Democrats showing their true colors here?

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yes, it is an opinion, but if the Democrats want him replaced after garnering 81 million votes in the last election; why would that be?  How does such a popular president have full support on June 26th to the party wanting him replaced less than a month later?

If he is not seen as a viable candidate why should he run the country for 6 more months?

If he were to step down, that would automatically make Harris the president….is that the reason?  Are the Democrats showing their true colors here?

They underestimated how unlikeable and incompetent she'd turn out to be, or they'd have gotten him to step down long ago. They're in full panic mode right now, and it's their own fault for not choosing a stronger VP.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2024 at 3:28 PM, I_M4_AU said:

This is an interesting take:

Exactly.  Too funny - they screwed themselves.  Then when it became clear Biden was slipping some Biden supporters on this forum started with the “Cheap Fake” regarding videos of Biden.

• Like 2