Questions for the Dems in this Forum

WSJ conducted a poll on the 3rd and found that 80% of Americans felt Biden was too old to run.

The 4th of July speeches and ramblings didn’t do Joe any good quelling those fears.  In a governors meeting Joe proclaimed that *his health was fine, it’s just my brain*.  Some say it was joke, but it still doesn’t help the perception that he is unfit.

James Carville, on Tuesday, encouraged Democratic donors not to donate the cause as 72% of the people want something new:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/james-carville-joe-biden-2024-election-donors_n_668649f9e4b0132cb446471f

The question I have is how does the Democrats believe Joe can step away from the presidency without stepping down?

If for some reason he thinks he can step away from the campaign; what would be the reason he would give and would that reason still allow him to run the country as the president?

If Biden stepped away before the Dems voted for him in the primaries (like Johnson did) there would be no question, but now after he is the Democratic nominee, there is a lot of concern.

Seems like a sticky situation.

• Like 2

Joe's "good" mental condition is in the same category of lies they told the American people about Russia "collusion", the "fake" laptop or the "secure" border. They made their bed with all these lies, including many others, so let them sleep in it. I hope Joe stays in. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

WSJ conducted a poll on the 3rd and found that 80% of Americans felt Biden was too old to run.

The 4th of July speeches and ramblings didn’t do Joe any good quelling those fears.  In a governors meeting Joe proclaimed that *his health was fine, it’s just my brain*.  Some say it was joke, but it still doesn’t help the perception that he is unfit.

James Carville, on Tuesday, encouraged Democratic donors not to donate the cause as 72% of the people want something new:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/james-carville-joe-biden-2024-election-donors_n_668649f9e4b0132cb446471f

The question I have is how does the Democrats believe Joe can step away from the presidency without stepping down?

If for some reason he thinks he can step away from the campaign; what would be the reason he would give and would that reason still allow him to run the country as the president?

If Biden stepped away before the Dems voted for him in the primaries (like Johnson did) there would be no question, but now after he is the Democratic nominee, there is a lot of concern.

Not a Dem, but an Independent.  And yeah, I would prefer a more parliamentarian system where people understood that politics is compromise rather than the dinguses on the right who need to be back in caves killing each other.

I vote for the teams the elected person will put together, because THAT is what makes a presidency.

HANDS DOWN, Biden puts together a team that absolutely smokes anything that nazi would come up with. A second Trump presidency would destroy this nation.  It barely held together when he tried to destroy it the last time, and he will have much more help the next.

I am not a fan of Biden's but I know the difference between a f*&^ing fool who has destroyed everything he touches, and a guy that is old but get stuff done when people like me didn't think he could do it.

Then again, I live in the real world rather than a fantasy one like Alabamians. God, I really do wish you would secede so that we wouldn't have to waste our tax dollars paying your bills, you delinquent gits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 2
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, 1716AU said:

Not a Dem, but an Independent.  And yeah, I would prefer a more parliamentarian system where people understood that politics is compromise rather than the dinguses on the right who need to be back in caves killing each other.

I vote for the teams the elected person will put together, because THAT is what makes a presidency.

HANDS DOWN, Biden puts together a team that absolutely smokes anything that nazi would come up with. A second Trump presidency would destroy this nation.  It barely held together when he tried to destroy it the last time, and he will have much more help the next.

I am not a fan of Biden's but I know the difference between a f*&^ing fool who has destroyed everything he touches, and a guy that is old but get stuff done when people like me didn't think he could do it.

Then again, I live in the real world rather than a fantasy one like Alabamians. God, I really do wish you would secede so that we wouldn't have to waste our tax dollars paying your bills, you delinquent gits.

I just want to move out of the state nowadays.

Applause GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

14 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

As is usually the case, the truth is found in the middle.  I’m not sure where the idea of stepping away from the presidency comes from? The man isn’t incapable of serving in the role or making decisions.  He is showing his age. His sharpness is certainly diminished. All of that can be true simultaneously.  If he stepped aside from the campaign,  he would simply be serving the remainder of his term.  

I don’t claim to be a Democrat.  I am simply not in favor of supporting a man that has shown a total lack of respect for our constitution and willingness to disregard over 250 years of American history to benefit himself.  You can paint the pig’s lips with lipstick, but I’m still not kissing it.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

If he stepped aside from the campaign,  he would simply be serving the remainder of his term.

The question would be asked why he stepped down?  The answer could be cause for the 25th amendment to apply.

43 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I’m not sure where the idea of stepping away from the presidency comes from?

It comes from the likes of Jame Carville telling donors not to donate unless Biden is replaced on the ballot.  This is not a republican request or idea.

11 hours ago, 1716AU said:

A second Trump presidency would destroy this nation.  It barely held together when he tried to destroy it the last time, and he will have much more help the next.

This is that eye rolling silliness that I love about this place.

This dude doesn't say he dislikes trumps policies, or hates that he has such low moral fiber, or abhors his constant lying. Nope, jumps straight to Trump WILL destroy the United States of America! :lol: 

And then ends his rant with a "I live in the real world, not a fantasy one. :lol: 

I ❤️ it! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Mims44 said:

This dude doesn't say he dislikes trumps policies, or hates that he has such low moral fiber, or abhors his constant lying. Nope, jumps straight to Trump WILL destroy the United States of America! :lol: 

And then ends his rant with a "I live in the real world, not a fantasy one. :lol: 

I ❤️ it! 

So you are a Trump supporter?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

The question would be asked why he stepped down?  The answer could be cause for the 25th amendment to apply.

It comes from the likes of Jame Carville telling donors not to donate unless Biden is replaced on the ballot.  This is not a republican request or idea.

You are making an additional step that none of his cabinet secretaries are suggesting is the current state of affairs.  Replacing a candidate on the ballot speaks to winning a close election.  Suggesting that someone is incapable of serving the remainder of his term requires an incapacity to do so.  The only people suggesting that are his political rivals, who are doing so for their own political gain or perceived political gain.

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

You are making an additional step that none of his cabinet secretaries are suggesting is the current state of affairs.  Replacing a candidate on the ballot speaks to winning a close election.  Suggesting that someone is incapable of serving the remainder of his term requires an incapacity to do so.  The only people suggesting that are his political rivals, who are doing so for their own political gain or perceived political gain.

The issue is why he would step down.  Replacing is one thing, but he is the incumbent that wants to stay in the race.  Another issue is he has the nomination wrapped up.  How would they replace him?  Is keeping power that important to the party that they would change the rules to get what they want?

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

So you are a Trump supporter?

Another vast leap :lol: 

You know better homie.

There is... as you well know. A vast distance between "I like and support this guy" and "This guy will literally destroy the USA"

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mims44 said:

There is... as you well know. A vast distance between "I like and support this guy" and "This guy will literally destroy the USA"

Yes he will destroy America. A few hundred idiots came close to taking control of the most powerful country in the world a few years ago. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

19 hours ago, Mims44 said:

I ❤️ it! 

Are you paying attention to what Trump has been saying about his plans for his second term?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mims44 said:

I ❤️ it! 

It is the same people that told us HRC was a shoo-in, Russians  Russians  Russians, Collusion, Not-Hunter's Laptop, Joe-Is-Fine!, Cheap fakes!!!, etc etc etc.

These same people are now telling everyone that after being proved wrong for years, they can now read minds 100% accurately and should be believed WITHOUT A SHRED OF EVIDENCE. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Are you paying attention to what Trump has been saying about his plans for his second term?

Yes, but let's be real for a moment, JUST FOR ONE TIME, talk is talk and meaningless in 21st Century America. Our politics is about 90% bullsh!t on a good day.

Saying something in anger etc does not mean he will even try to do it or that he could get anyone to listen. Until he does something actionable, all you have is a ton of meaningless hyperbole. 

PS: I dont think Biden wants to nuke Medicare either.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

PS: I dont think Biden wants to nuke Medicare either.

Of course he doesn’t want to nuke Medicare, he said he just beat Medicare.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Mims44 said:

Another vast leap :lol: 

You know better homie.

No, actually I don't know better.  Still don't.

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

I try to... it's hard to follow all his dumb BS. Dude is trash... just rambling from point to point with vagaries and non sequiturs, the ONLY time he seems like a decent speaker is when 2024 Biden is standing beside him.

W Bush was a notoriously bad speaker and was 10x better than Trump. Obama 100x better.

Still though,

Has he spoken aloud his plans to destroy America?

Was it a campaign promise? :lol: 

14 minutes ago, homersapien said:

No, actually I don't know better.  Still don't.

Silly goose ;) 

19 hours ago, Mims44 said:

Has he spoken aloud his plans to destroy America?

Was it a campaign promise?

Pretty much. You can choose to be glib and ignore it, but there’s a ton there to deeply concern anyone paying close attention. The man is a narcissist driven only by personal grievance and perceived personal interest. Any guard rails that restrained the first term are gone. The Republican Party will totally take a knee. And the Supreme Court just gave him considerably more power to do it.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/who-is-donald-trump-planning-revenge-against.html

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/07/06/trump-second-term-world-order-00164045

https://ecfr.eu/publication/imagining-trump-2-0-six-scary-policy-scenarios-for-a-second-term/?amp

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Pretty much. You can choose to be glib and ignore it, but there’s a ton there to deeply concern anyone paying close attention. The man is a narcissist driven only by personal grievance and perceived personal interest. Any guard rails that restrained the first term are gone. The Republican Party will totally take a knee. And the Supreme Court just gave him considerably more power to do it.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/who-is-donald-trump-planning-revenge-against.html

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/07/06/trump-second-term-world-order-00164045

https://ecfr.eu/publication/imagining-trump-2-0-six-scary-policy-scenarios-for-a-second-term/?amp

Oh the fear mongering.  If the Dems and the press had any integrity left they would look at what Trump did in his four years as President with regard to personal grievance.

The Supreme Court didn’t give Trump any power, they just defined what a president is immune against prosecution for after he leaves the office.  Now Biden can’t be prosecuted for manslaughter because he let illegal migrants in the US to kill our citizens as it was an official act.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

If the Dems and the press had any integrity left they would look at what Trump did in his four years as President with regard to personal grievance.

If you had a lick of sense and weren’t such a fanboy, you’d be able to discern the huge differences in what he’s saying now from his first term and how much the Republican guard rails have been hollowed out. They all kiss his ass now. Like you.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Oh the fear mongering.  If the Dems and the press had any integrity left they would look at what Trump did in his four years as President with regard to personal grievance.

The Supreme Court didn’t give Trump any power, they just defined what a president is immune against prosecution for after he leaves the office.  Now Biden can’t be prosecuted for manslaughter because he let illegal migrants in the US to kill our citizens as it was an official act.

Trump wanted to prosecute many people that HIS DOJ refused to prosecute because their duty was not to TRUMP but to AMERICA.  Why is that hard to grasp?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/6/2024 at 7:43 PM, I_M4_AU said:

The issue is why he would step down.  Replacing is one thing, but he is the incumbent that wants to stay in the race.  Another issue is he has the nomination wrapped up.  How would they replace him?  Is keeping power that important to the party that they would change the rules to get what they want?

If Joe stepped down he could give the reason that he's realized he's just not capable of serving 4 more years in a grueling job. It's possible for a person to say 'I can do this job for 6 more months, but probably not for 4 more years'.  

Nobody has been officially nominated yet. Joe Biden can step down and release his nomination votes he won in the primaries to go towards another candidate. The Democratic party already has official policies and procedures in place for situations where they need to replace a candidate after primaries or even official nominations have taken place. The GOP has their own policies on this too. I don't know what you mean by saying the Dems would be changing the rules. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Trump wanted to prosecute many people that HIS DOJ refused to prosecute because their duty was not to TRUMP but to AMERICA.  Why is that hard to grasp?

To a lot of right wingers and Independents on here what Trump says he will do and wants to do doesn't matter at all to them. The only thing that matters is what he actually does. As long as his advisors or agency heads refuse to follow any unconstitutional orders that Trump makes, they consider that good enough and not a knock against Trump or a reason to be against his Presidency. 

They say Jan6 and Trumps campaign to overturn the election wasn't actually that bad because he didn't end up overturning the election and our Democracy held up....so what was the big deal?  

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 3