New SCOTUS Decision

1 minute ago, Leftfield said:

Says the person who claims Trump was sincerely trying to stop the Capitol mob.

I never said he tried to stop it, I implied he did not send an *angry mob* over to the Capitol to stop the peaceful transfer of power, that was our president that said that untruth that has not been proven.  In fact, Trump or anybody else has not been charged with insurrection.  Head is still lodged up and tight.

The court’s decision is an example and further proof of how weak the current court actually is. They aren’t guided by much of anything and continuously put off making decisions by kicking the can down the road.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Trump would have to be imprisoned before he'd be forced out. I believe Haley would mop the floor at present, but I've been wrong before.

She would have always been the best candidate.

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I never said he tried to stop it, I implied he did not send an *angry mob* over to the Capitol to stop the peaceful transfer of power, that was our president that said that untruth that has not been proven.  In fact, Trump or anybody else has not been charged with insurrection.  Head is still lodged up and tight.

His own vice president was vilified for simply following the constitution. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

His own vice president was vilified for simply following the constitution. 

Yes he was and as I understand it that is one charge that he may be prosecuted for.

35 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

In order for it to weigh on the decision, it would need to be true, or at least Roberts would have to believe it to be true. For the most part, Roberts has been fairly level-headed. I doubt he believes it to be true, so no, I don't think that weighs on it.

More likely, in my opinion, is Roberts' experience as an attorney. No doubt he's seen some unscrupulous and ambitious attorneys in his time. Doesn't change the fact that none of them have ever tried it before, and the first time it had ever been mentioned (at least widely enough in public to gain attention) was when Trump supporters who were pissed because they believe Biden is going after Trump suggested prosecuting him for not enforcing border laws.

And really, if we're going to talk about Presidents going after predecessors, is it more realistic to base it Biden, where there is zero evidence, or even need for that matter, that he was involved, or Trump, who has outright promised to do it?

How convenient, eh? The Supreme Court feels they have to protect future Presidents from the things Trump and his supporters are doing, and in doing so help Trump.

Pardon the delay. Had a procedure recently and these meds are kicking my a$$. Awake one minute, snoring the next. IIWII

Anyway, I appreciate the response. Not sure I totally agree, but we are on record.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

You think Melania or any Republicans can convince Trump to drop out for the good of the country?

Jail or bust

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

and our allies like him. 

So does Russia, China,  Iran and untold millions of illegal immigrants. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

I never said he tried to stop it.....

Actually, you did. You said that in one of his tweets he told the mob to leave (while ignoring everything else he said that egged them on) and held it up as proof that he didn't incite anything.

....I implied he did not send an *angry mob* over to the Capitol to stop the peaceful transfer of power.....

Right. Even though that's what he had been building up to for weeks, while he was also trying to conspire with state officials to change outcomes in swing states (the subject of yet another lawsuit). And told the crowd to march to the Capitol building. How absurd that anyone could think he was trying to stop the transfer.

...that was our president that said that untruth that has not been proven.

Well, pretty much anybody not in the tank for Trump has said it. If it had been a Democrat, you would have, too.

In fact, Trump or anybody else has not been charged with insurrection..

Same, tired argument that ignores the explanations that have been given to you over and over again.

You think in sound bites.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

Pardon the delay. Had a procedure recently and these meds are kicking my a$$. Awake one minute, snoring the next. IIWII.

Hope it wasn't for anything serious. 

Get better. I hope you at least get to enjoy the meds!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Tigermike said:

Really? Is that why Russia keeps trying to influence the election to help Trump?

Will Trump strengthen or weaken NATO? Would China prefer a weaker NATO?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

You think in sound bites.

6 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Is that why Russia keeps trying to influence the election to help Trump?

I guess you don’t?

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

She would have always been the best candidate.

By far. 

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

Hope it wasn't for anything serious. 

Get better. I hope you at least get to enjoy the meds!

Appreciate it. It was relatively minor, but enough for pain meds. Like riding a wave with this stuff. 

• Like 1

I guess you don’t?

Don't think so, but then, I'm biased. Feel free to canvas the others here.

• Haha 1

Here is a question for our lib friends:

Whar is the difference between the COVID Vaccine and a Supreme Court decision?

2 hours ago, Tigermike said:

Russia loves your boy.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

It is fragile.  Roberts addressed the dissenters to the presidential immunity ruling thusly, acknowledging the very real dangers of lawfare

Or in other words - he is contemptuous of our basic rules of law outlined in the constitution, which he is re-writing.  He doesn't believe in his own branch of government - the judicial.

Obviously, that was not I was referring to.  It was a (feeble) intent to "beg the question".  :-\

Authoritarianism is advancing in a constant, measured way.  Ironically, by those who traditionally opposed Communism (absolutely authoritarian).  It was once thought to be in their "DNA". :rolleyes:

If Trump is elected, we are destined to experience a "crash course" in authoritarianism.  A  national "test", if you will.

Frankly - as long as I keep succeeding financially -  I am starting not to give a damn. 

We deserve whatever government we get. 

Especially you.

Edited by homersapien

8 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Russia loves your boy.

They just can't see that - cognitive dissonance.

5 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

our allies like him. 

Are allies feel sorry for him because of his obvious decline:

European leaders were “shocked” by the stark decline in President Biden’s physical and mental fitness when he attended the G7 summit in Italy last month, the New York Times reported late Tuesday — the latest in a series of belated disclosures about the 81-year-old president’s diminished condition.

European leaders, including host Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni, discussed Biden’s condition “privately among themselves” and made a point to slow their pace when walking together to avoid embarrassing the oldest president in American history. 

When Biden seemed awkward or clumsy in front of the media, European leaders “closed ranks,” according to this official, shielding the president from cameras in order to give him time to get it together.

One of those awkward moments came when Biden wandered away from his fellow leaders during a skydiving demonstration to talk to a parachutist, prompting Meloni to fetch him by the arm and bring him back to where the heads of government were waiting to greet the paratroopers. 

https://nypost.com/2024/07/02/us-news/biden-decline-shocked-leaders-at-g7-summit-as-president-seemed-out-of-it/?utm_campaign=nypost&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Tigermike said:

Where would you be without hyperbole

Lacking the linguistic tools to provide an accurate analysis of Trump. 

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Did Trump prosecute his predecessor? 

Not yet.  But thanks to (his) SCOTUS, now he can.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Yep. He’s been mediocre president, and yet we don’t have constant crazy chaos coming front the WH and our allies like him. 

I would argue he's been a little better than "mediocre" in both domestic and foreign affairs. 

Edited by homersapien

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Here is a question for our lib friends:

Whar is the difference between the COVID Vaccine and a Supreme Court decision?

MAGAs sometimes won't bitch about a Supreme Court decision.

Edited by Leftfield
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Pardon the delay. Had a procedure recently and these meds are kicking my a$$. Awake one minute, snoring the next. IIWII

Anyway, I appreciate the response. Not sure I totally agree, but we are on record.

If there is anything positive about needing a procedure it's modern anesthesia. ;)

I've had more than my share of "procedures" over the last 5 years.  I never forget my fortune of living in this era. ;D

Edited by homersapien
  • Haha 1