New SCOTUS Decision

Does anybody believe what comes out of the White House anymore:

• Like 1

Some seem a little butt hurt about the decision:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

You’re appalled at the wrong White House, but you’re crazy as hell so we expect it.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Wow 1

Came across this, and amidst all of the liberal apocalyptic caterwauling and the conservative football-spiking, this seems to be a pretty good summary of what's going to be happening in the next few months.  Understatement upcoming, but there's a truckload of legal wrangling on the way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

You’re appalled at the wrong White House, but you’re crazy as hell so we expect it.

There is only one White House and its Biden’s right now.  You criticize people for voting for Trump, yet you are willing to vote for a demented old fool if he ends up on the ballot as a Democrat.  Interesting.

• Like 2

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

There is only one White House and its Biden’s right now.  You criticize people for voting for Trump, yet you are willing to vote for a demented old fool if he ends up on the ballot as a Democrat.  Interesting.

Old and feeble > pathological liar with authoritarian aspirations 

All day everyday.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Where's Daniel Dale when you need him? Oh wait...

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

All day everyday.

True, but do you think Jill or any Democrats can convince him to drop out for the good of the country?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

All day everyday.

The enthusiasm Biden has created is underwhelming at best.  Yes, you too would sell your soul not to have Trump in the WH.  Here’s an idea; have a grass routes campaign to write-in Michelle Obama as president.  It will satisfy you that you didn’t vote for Trump and you can brag about your wokeness.

I would rather have a pathological liar in the WH as opposed to a demented old man that can’t tell what the truth is as he has lied so much.  Do you know Joe’s uncle was eaten by cannibals in WWII?  Or Joe was at the top of his law school class?  How about the he drove an 18 wheeler and got oil cancer growing up?  Corn pop was bad dude, but he dealt with him after he attended a black church on Sundays growing up.  Did you know Joe saw two men kissing when he was growing up and when asked his dad said something like *its simple, they love each other*; that was in 1961.

Yeah, this man is trust worthy alright.  Why do you think the family is all behind Joe 100% (except his sister Val)?  Is it the love of money or power?  Maybe its both?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SLAG-91 said:

the conservative football-spiking

Quit trying to ruin my fun.  No matter how much legal wrangling is going to happen, the first bit of wrangling will involve Jack Smith and if he was duly appointed as Thomas eluded to in his summation.

“If this unprecedented prosecution is to proceed,” Thomas contended, “it must be conducted by someone duly authorized to do so by the American people. The lower courts should thus answer these essential questions concerning the Special Counsel’s appointment before proceeding.”

https://www.scotusblog.com/2024/07/justices-rule-trump-has-some-immunity-from-prosecution/

It is sad that the sitting president’s only hope of getting re-elected is putting his opponent in jail.

• Like 1

Looks like Democratic officials are getting to a lot of people on this board;

7 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Not a damn thing!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

True, but do you think Jill or any Democrats can convince him to drop out for the good of the country?

I would bet that decision, dropout, has been made. Can not buy letting us see his state of being was not intentional. Trying to answer the reasoning . 

3 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Maybe. I don’t know. Politicians in general tend to overvalue their worth and concentrate too much on their legacy. But I’d argue that if Biden dropped out, he will have gained more of a legacy as a man who was willing to put country before self.  Not many presidents can say that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Maybe. I don’t know. Politicians in general tend to overvalue their worth and concentrate too much on their legacy. But I’d argue that if Biden dropped out, he will have gained more of a legacy as a man who was willing to put country before self.  Not many presidents can say that. 

I would agree with that. Pushing 70 myself. I cannot imagine the man even wanting the job. Be great if Trump followed suit and dropped out. 

18 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Perhaps. Time will tell.

11 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I would agree with that. Pushing 70 myself. I cannot imagine the man even wanting the job. Be great if Trump followed suit and dropped out. 

Trump would have to be imprisoned before he'd be forced out. I believe Haley would mop the floor at present, but I've been wrong before.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Trump would have to be imprisoned before he'd be forced out. I believe Haley would mop the floor at present, but I've been wrong before.

See I would probably not vote for Haley, but I wouldn’t be frighted for the future of our Republic. That’s a good start. 

The situation this country is in as far as political choices go is depressing and unnecessary. And the Supreme Court handing more power to the executive branch is disturbing. Mostly because these days the legislative branch doesn’t have the ability to provide that check, because they can’t get their sh*t together on anything.

So we basically have ended up with an executive branch who is teetering on having king power, an arguably activist Supreme Court, and a congress who can’t agree on sh*t. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 2

I'm not frightened regardless. Hyperbole aside, we'll be fine. The system works.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I'm not frightened regardless. Hyperbole aside, we'll be fine. The system works.

Until it doesn't.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Until it doesn't.

Right. Famous last words of the Roman Republic and Galactic Republic😂

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

The Biden family should be thankful as the Supreme Court decision is good for President Biden.  Now he can’t be held responsible for failing to enforce existing immigration laws resulting in the murders of innocent American citizens committed by illegal immigrants.   

Edited by JMWATS
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Until it doesn't.

How old is the system and when didn't it work?

17 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

They've lied and covered for him for the past five years and the good of the country never entered their minds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1