11 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Very interesting. Let see it happen. 
KH not wanting the POTUS job? Really?

???

Screenshot 2024-07-19 at 8.38.29 AM.png

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

???

Screenshot 2024-07-19 at 8.38.29 AM.png

In the second screen shot from Halperin on X, he says that KH may not want the POTUS job. 

1 minute ago, DKW 86 said:

In the second screen shot from Halperin on X, he says that KH may not want the POTUS job. 

Oh, I see it now.

I mentioned this in another thread - that some in the Democratic Party feel the WH is lost this fall no matter who they put up.  The only reason for replacing Biden is to keep so many Dems from staying home that they end up losing both chambers of Congress as well.  They need Democratic voters at the polls for those down-ballot races.

Now, the reason Harris might not want to step in is for this very reason - coming in this late with the damage already done is an almost impossible task.  And while there are some DNC higher ups that don't want to push one of their future stars into this situation and hang an "L" on them before 2028, Harris might be seeing the same thing and would rather wait and campaign for 4 years from now rather than take a hit over this lost cause.

11 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Harris might be seeing the same thing and would rather wait and campaign for 4 years from now rather than take a hit over this lost cause.

Harris has zero chance in the next election cycle if she punts now. She was unlikeable in the previous primary and she's gone backwards since then. 

3 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Harris has zero chance in the next election cycle if she punts now. She was unlikeable in the previous primary and she's gone backwards since then. 

I tend to agree.  But it's a matter of odds.  If you believe that the damage is too great and beating Trump is impossible at this late stage for anyone, then even poor odds in 4 years beats that.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Oh, I see it now.

I mentioned this in another thread - that some in the Democratic Party feel the WH is lost this fall no matter who they put up.  The only reason for replacing Biden is to keep so many Dems from staying home that they end up losing both chambers of Congress as well.  They need Democratic voters at the polls for those down-ballot races.

Now, the reason Harris might not want to step in is for this very reason - coming in this late with the damage already done is an almost impossible task.  And while there are some DNC higher ups that don't want to push one of their future stars into this situation and hang an "L" on them before 2028, Harris might be seeing the same thing and would rather wait and campaign for 4 years from now rather than take a hit over this lost cause.

That is how I would advise anyone right now. Don’t take an L. The Dems may remember someone that took on the fight and fought well. If Halperin is right, I think he is one of the sane ones in politics, then again, saying no to POTUS Job is crazy. 

Harris is not going to turn down the nomination if she can get it. It's her only chance; lightening isn't going to strike twice for her. 

Breaking:

This is very entertaining.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is very entertaining.

Yes, I've listened to more CNN today than I have in the last ten years. I'm enjoying it now, but I suspect it will be a close election unless Biden actually hangs on to the end.  He's probably just negotiating how much of that $250 million in his campaign coffers he gets to keep. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Wonder which old racist white dude they will pick if he steps down. 

aaaaScreenshot 2022-09-08 113348.jpg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

Yes, I've listened to more CNN today than I have in the last ten years. I'm enjoying it now, but I suspect it will be a close election unless Biden actually hangs on to the end.  He's probably just negotiating how much of that $250 million in his campaign coffers he gets to keep. 

That would be none.

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

That would be none.

I'd take that bet. 

16 hours ago, AU9377 said:

aaaaScreenshot 2022-09-08 113348.jpg

History says anything is possible for the party of slavery, segregation and racism. Democrats 

• Haha 1

Funny how the “save democracy*” party is all about the idea to disregard the primary election process and nominate an unchosen candidate.  Let’s be honest, anyone who says they just noticed Biden’s mental state either has been under a rock, or they believed the “cheap fake” BS and should be considered too gullible or ignorant to vote.  

* - for the record (again) we are a Constitutional Republic and not a democracy.  If anyone wants a short explanation of the difference, this short video sums it up pretty well: 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, GoAU said:

Funny how the “save democracy*” party is all about the idea to disregard the primary election process and nominate an unchosen candidate.

I think it's funny how you confuse political parties with our nation.

A political party can operate how ever they want.  For example, they used to choose candidates in the proverbial "smoke filled room."

Question:  Do you think the Republican Party is being "democratic" in shunning members for simply expressing their opinions - or even simple facts - about Trump? 

That sound more like the behavior of a gang or cult.

And we are most certainly a democracy.

This pedantic argument is:

1) About form and process, not the basic class of government, which is democratic.

2) Very suspicious/revealing coming from someone who supports Trump - clearly someone who is contemptuous of said democracy.  Sounds like an attempt to justify such contempt.

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, autigeremt said:

History says anything is possible for the party of slavery, segregation and racism. Democrats 

:rolleyes:  You are clearly unqualified to comment on what "history says".   

The modern Democratic Party is no more the "party of slavery" than the modern Republican Party is the "party of Lincoln". :laugh:

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I think it's funny how you confuse political parties with our nation.

A political party can operate how ever they want.  For example, they used to choose candidates in the proverbial "smoke filled room."

Question:  Do you think the Republican Party is being "democratic" in shunning members for simply expressing their opinions - or even simple facts - about Trump? 

That sound more like the behavior of a gang or cult.

The democrats certainly can operate however they would like, by why bother with the facade of primary elections if they don’t plan on following through?

The Republican Party doesn’t “shun” members for their opinions, their constituents do.  

37 minutes ago, GoAU said:

The democrats certainly can operate however they would like, by why bother with the facade of primary elections if they don’t plan on following through?

The Republican Party doesn’t “shun” members for their opinions, their constituents do.  

Lets be fair.  They have said that it is his decision.  The entire song and dance about primary voters being unhappy because they voted for him in the primary is really a stretch.  He was the only candidate on the ballot in most places.  As the incumbent, that is historically how both parties usually go thru the primary process. 

Their constituents love to pretend that they don't know the difference between an opinion and a statement of fact.

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

:rolleyes:  You are clearly unqualified to comment on what "history says".   

The modern Democratic Party is no more the "party of slavery" than the modern Republican Party is the "party of Lincoln". :laugh:

I am very qualified. More than you and your wokeness. Change the party name or continue to be aligned with what Democrats have been for more than 100 years. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GoAU said:

They are used to stealing elections. 🤣 

10 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

I am very qualified. More than you and your wokeness. Change the party name or continue to be aligned with what Democrats have been for more than 100 years. 

Do you think black people so clueless that 70 percent of voting age black people would continue to vote for the party of slavery? 

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

Do you think the GOP is what it was even 10 years ago. Reagan would have been throwing up in his mouth if he saw this years RNC.  Please just rename yourselves maga, let true republicans have their party back, and drop the gop facade

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

true republicans 

The 5 of them left in politics