Biden has to step down

I have mixed feelings about Biden’s 1st term. Both the Chip and Infrastructure bills were visionary and will have generational benefits (yes there’s been some bumps in execution). But his inaction on the border was almost unforgivable.  The green initiatives I understand but feel he did a poor job communicating  the case for urgency and went to extremes at times.  On the deficit he did a much better job than Trump - but that’s not saying much since Trump was historically bad.

All that being said, it’s time to honor what he implied 4 years ago and be a one term president. To many his condition has been obvious for years, but regardless - this only trends in one direction.  The debate will not be a one off - he will have other bad days and they will increase.

IMO If Trump is truly a threat to this country’s future, then this academic. Biden will lose, and potentially badly. He should announce he will not seek a second term, recommend his successor  to lower chaos (can’t be Harris - hopefully a moderate), and  support and campaign with him/her. This personally will be difficult for him - but he wanted the job and therefore must understand sacrifice.

This will be a legal and logistical nightmare, so every day matters.

• Like 2

Although I do not relish the thought, I don't think a 2nd Trump presidency would be as bad as a lot of people think. Biden's agenda makes me sick to my stomach (Trump's just a little less so, but still a lot).

I hope Biden stays in the race. His inner circle and many other democrats outside the periphery have propped him up and gaslit the American people about his health. They have no one to blame except themselves, and they deserve the backlash they are getting.

But it would be interesting to see how the democratic party would hold up if they had to force a Biden exit. Disagreements and infighting would cripple the process to some extent; maybe to a great extent. And I'm not sure any other candidate would have a chance to beat Trump anyway. I think this is the reason Biden ran again and received internal support (until the debate) from the democratic brain trust: they thought he was the only candidate that could beat Trump.

From here on out, it's a fake wrestling match. And please, add some mud if Gretchen Witmer ends up getting nominated.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

I have mixed feelings about Biden’s 1st term. Both the Chip and Infrastructure bills were visionary and will have generational benefits (yes there’s been some bumps in execution). But his inaction on the border was almost unforgivable.  The green initiatives I understand but feel he did a poor job communicating  the case for urgency and went to extremes at times.  On the deficit he did a much better job than Trump - but that’s not saying much since Trump was historically bad.

All that being said, it’s time to honor what he implied 4 years ago and be a one term president. To many his condition has been obvious for years, but regardless - this only trends in one direction.  The debate will not be a one off - he will have other bad days and they will increase.

IMO If Trump is truly a threat to this country’s future, then this academic. Biden will lose, and potentially badly. He should announce he will not seek a second term, recommend his successor  to lower chaos (can’t be Harris - hopefully a moderate), and  support and campaign with him/her. This personally will be difficult for him - but he wanted the job and therefore must understand sacrifice.

This will be a legal and logistical nightmare, so every day matters.

Completely agree. 4 years of Biden was always the plan. Obviously, Kamala did not work out as hoped. And the Dem's bench is thin. But there has to be someone better than Biden. 

I was surprised, but encouraged, by how thoroughly CNN ripped Biden after the debate. But now I'm seeing absurd justifications and excuses from democrats. "It was just a bad night" and "look how much better he sounded the next day." Have they never known someone with early dementia? Biden was sundowning during the debate, for everyone to see. 

It's going to get so much worse for Biden and it will probably happen fast. I would bet serious money he's not alive four years from now. That's not his fault, but a change needs to be made. 

I'm sick and tired of the dem's saying "this is the most important election ever" and "our democracy depends on it," while running a man who is a tenth of what he used to be. 

I remember saying I would vote for a rotting corpse over Trump. Looks like I will get my chance in November. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

There's a long line of dumbasses, spell-bound idiots and power-hungry elites and that need to have their asses kicked twelve ways from Sunday for putting us in the position to even have to consider voting for either of these compromised dinosaurs.

This, unfortunately, is a recording...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

54 minutes ago, SLAG-91 said:

There's a long line of dumbasses, spell-bound idiots and power-hungry elites and that need to have their asses kicked twelve ways from Sunday for putting us in the position to even have to consider voting for either of these compromised dinosaurs.

This, unfortunately, is a recording...

And yet so many people expect these two derelict parties to “fix” this mess. Shameful 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is US.  Until, as a society, we stop allowing limitless polarization of every issue, we can expect no better.  Until we stop allowing greed to occupy more of our time than gratitude, we can expect no better.  Stereotypes are usually present for a reason.  Unfortunately, many Americans are proving many stereotypes that exist to be accurate concerning who we are around the world.

• Like 1

Gordon Gecko said “greed is good.”

Some people took that as gospel, as long as they were doing well. As soon as they got older, or had kids that weren’t perfect, or saw their friends and loved ones getting crushed by insurance companies and highly profitable Fortune 500 firms, it changed them. Greed is not good. It can motivate people to do wonderful things at times. But anything unchecked, for 40+ years say, has run its course as a source to serve humanity. 

• Thanks 1

There are other candidates I’d prefer at this point, (I’m very much an Andy Beshear fan) but the cake is likely baked at this point with regard to this election. I’m sure anything could happen but I think replacing Biden now would do more harm than good. 

38 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I’m sure anything could happen but I think replacing Biden now would do more harm than good. 

I’m disappointed Biden didn’t step aside a week ago (and imo is lessens his legacy that he didn’t) but I agree that each day that passes make the political calculus of him swapping out more and more problematic.

• Like 1

Biden will never dropout. He would actually rather die. He wants to give it to those in the DNC that have never respected him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

I’m disappointed Biden didn’t step aside a week ago (and imo is lessens his legacy that he didn’t) but I agree that each day that passes make the political calculus of him swapping out more and more problematic.

Watching his Michigan speech right now.  Biden isn’t going to quit on his own.  The media is starting to try and put the toothpaste back in the tube on the state of his campaign.   Going to be fun to watch…

Don’t leave Kamala alone with Ole Joe walking behind him down a steep set of stairs…

Edited by JMWATS

7 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

NO, NO, Biden must to stay in.

Don't worry.  We know you prefer Convicts and Rapists.

I read your book

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JMWATS said:

Democrats riding Biden into the November election

So much for "serious" political discussion.  :-\

• Like 1

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

So much for "serious" political discussion.  :-\

The result of Joe sticking around as the Democratic candidate is a serious political situation.  

What happens if Joe does O.K. all the way through October and then a few days before Election Day pops a circuit breaker again and starts spouting pure gibberish at an important campaign stop?

What does that do to down ballot Democrats who are counting on a big turnout to win?

Edited by JMWATS

2 minutes ago, JMWATS said:

The result of Joe sticking around as the Democratic candidate is a serious political situation.  

What happens if Joe does O.K. all the way through October and then a few days before Election Day pops a circuit breaker again and starts spouting pure gibberish at an important campaign stop?

what does that do for down ballot Democrats who are counting on a big turnout to win?

Exactly.  The above post is appropriate for this forum. 

The previous one I quoted, not so much.

On 7/12/2024 at 9:14 AM, AUDub said:

There are other candidates I’d prefer at this point, (I’m very much an Andy Beshear fan) but the cake is likely baked at this point with regard to this election. I’m sure anything could happen but I think replacing Biden now would do more harm than good. 

I think, for Andy's sake, it would be wiser for him to not run this year if given opportunity, essentially coming in as a relief pitcher down a few runs. Don't want to risk his political future on a shortened campaign.   I fully expect him to be a strong player in 2028, especially since this is his last term as governor in KY. He would be a smart choice for Dems in 2028. I live in Kentucky. I think he's done very well within his constraints of a fully republican congress in KY. He is willing to work with both sides of the aisle if it makes KY better.  He's also handled himself very well with protests etc outside his office.  Only thing I'm truly aggravated over is basically running Nascar out of Kentucky (for selfish reasons)  😆  but that was during Covid and he had strong restrictions up for the state at that time. 

Sounds like it's happening.  Heavy talk from multiple news outlets that Biden is likely to step down soon.  

• Like 1

I hope I’m wrong, but Kamala Harris is going to get obliterated in the GE imo. 

He needs to. 

Kamala probably won't win either, but at least this will show some effort. Step down, Biden. 

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Very interesting. Let see it happen. 
KH not wanting the POTUS job? Really?

I got to say this, if Biden is leaving, someone should tell his campaign. They are filling my inbox with pleas for $$$.