The Biden-Replacement Operation

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

I think Biden will step down as the candidate before the convention. The pressure is mounting rapidly.  There are no coincidences, and the decision to debate Trump in June never made sense for Biden.  The decision was made to make Biden's decline apparent and give public support to having him step down.  The convention will be chaos but it will be must see TV.  The democrats will come out of it united with a candidate not named Trump or Biden, and they will have a tremendous amount of momentum going into the fall.  All the new candidate has to do is repudiate Biden's border policies (even if it's a lie) to negate the democrats biggest vulnerability.  Whoever it is will have an excellent chance of winning, unfortunately. 

WADR, I think you are dead wrong. Biden has party and convention rules, committed delegates, committed funds, state deadlines etc. I cannot see him being replaced. 

Should he be replaced, I feel like it has to be VPKH. She is next in line historically. I also feel like it SHOULD be Newsom, I think he could  turn the corner and make a great run at trump. But let’s face facts, that would have to happen in something like 2-3 weeks. Biden would have to step down. I don’t see anything like that happening. You do not want to see the party go into total meltdown at the convention. America doesn’t need to see Chicago Part II. 

To their credit, a lot of the Dems are ardently looking to fix the issues. I think the party rules etc are just going to be too tough to overcome. 

Edited by DKW 86

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, wdefromtx said:

It is amusing watching all the idiots trying to convince themselves and everyone that Biden just had a bad night. 🤣 

Let the gaslighting continue. 

Pelosi trying to say Trump has dementia and not Biden. You can’t make this stuff up. No Trump doesn’t have dementia, he just lies and lives in his own world.  Biden lies as well and can’t remember his own name or what year it is. 

But he beat Medicare, so he has that going for him. 

Welcome to the old man clown show. 

We now have an 83 year old white woman trying to tell us that we need the 81 year old demented white guy to defeat the 78 year old crazy AF white guy. And the only people really young enough to be leading are VP Word-Salad and Governor Hair Gel. 

God I love laughing at the two party system. 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

WADR, I think you are dead wrong. Biden has party and convention rules, committed delegates, committed funds, state deadlines etc. I cannot see him being replaced. 

Should he be replaced, I feel like it has to be VPKH. She is next in line historically. I also feel like it SHOULD be Newsom, I think he could  turn the corner and make a great run at trump. But let’s face facts, that would have to happen in something like 2-3 weeks. Biden would have to step down. I don’t see anything like that happening. You do not want to see the party go into total meltdown at the convention. America doesn’t need to see Chicago Part II. 

To their credit, a lot of the Dems are ardently looking to fix the issues. I think the party rules etc are just going to be too tough to overcome. 

Well, I hope you are right, but even democrats can see reality occasionally. And they see they have no chance with Biden on the ticket. 

21 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Part of those rules, the financial one in particular, would make Harris the more expedient choice (in addition to being the one that the party could most easily justify).  The money that is currently in the Biden campaign coffers could only be transferred to Harris. It doesn't solve the problem of her being a lousy national candidate, but these were the seeds that were sown four years ago.

On another note, the fact that the media is acting so shocked that Biden was a doddering mess in public is repugnant. We've had piss and bull**** raining down on our heads for years now about "Joe is so sharp, he's focused", ad nauseam and told that we should be thankful for the lemonade and cookies.

No thanks, we're full.

• Like 2

I thought this would have happened by the middle of his first term honestly. Figured the goal was to have him step down for health reasons and install KH. I don't think anyone realized how inept and unlikeable she would be. Now they've waited almost too long. We've figured Biden hasn't really been running things for some time (if ever), so obviously they'd still be running things with KH in place. I couldn't get behind Newsome and I don't think Buttigieg will cut it either. I don't care for Whitmer, but she'd probably put up a better fight against Trump.

• Like 2

On 6/30/2024 at 4:51 PM, jj3jordan said:

I was cringing expecting Trump to behave like the debates from 2020 which made him look stupid.

So, you think he's suddenly got smarter?

12 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Kept his composure enough to make Biden look pathetic. Somebody got to him and convinced him to try a different tactic. It was four years ago so I wouldn’t call it suddenly.

18 minutes ago, homersapien said:

He was actually pretty smart concerning the debate. Avoided most questions by yammering about something from the prior discussion. 

Do you think Biden will stay in the race? If it were a bet I would say no.

It is going to be real sticky from here on out.

Thinking about this a minute; it seems Kamala has been working on her campaign slogan ever since she was picked as the VP.

*What can be, unburdened by what has been* 

Brilliant.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Lots of Maga hats will be coming out of the closets.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/2/2024 at 8:10 PM, homersapien said:

trump got some better advice and just didn't do the stupid, petulant thing for one night. 

At this point though, all trump has to do to win is shut his mouth and watch Biden continue to implode. Can he do that? IDK. Can he shut up and not be his braggadocious self for 4 more months? That is a tough do for him. But he is now leading in most polls by a knockout percentage. Thanks Joe. Biden's one chance is trump does something so stupid it levels the playing field. 

Edited by DKW 86

11 hours ago, SLAG-91 said:

Part of those rules, the financial one in particular, would make Harris the more expedient choice (in addition to being the one that the party could most easily justify).  The money that is currently in the Biden campaign coffers could only be transferred to Harris. It doesn't solve the problem of her being a lousy national candidate, but these were the seeds that were sown four years ago.

On another note, the fact that the media is acting so shocked that Biden was a doddering mess in public is repugnant. We've had piss and bull**** raining down on our heads for years now about "Joe is so sharp, he's focused", ad nauseam and told that we should be thankful for the lemonade and cookies.

No thanks, we're full.

Ditto on the thoughts. It has to be VPKH or start a thermo-nuclear war within the party and it has to be done soon. The fund rules alone make it her it would seem.

7 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

That sounds more like perfunctory rhetoric to me. He is shoring up who the pick will be just in case.

• Like 1

It’s going to be such fun watching the Democratic Party tear itself apart over the next few months.

Posted (edited)

From a strategy standpoint in my point of view (disclaimer I'm not very in tune with what makes sense politically lol), I think the only way Kamala can become a thing is for Biden to step down completely as president where she is elevated.  She will try to fill the final 6 months of changes that appeal to the doubters and try to make her seem like a legitimate option for the next 4 years.  If she succeeds they run with it as the nominated candidate.  If she fails, they still have the open candidate motion to put someone else in there.  Then I think the only option would be to try and get RFK to be a Democrat instead since he's on the ballot already to avoid the rules issue.  Not sure if he must remain an independent with an endorsement instead.  Again not sure how it all works honestly but this route makes the most sense to me if they are trying to move on from JB. I personally don't think KH is the answer for anyone.  She actually scares me more than anyone on either side.  She just seems to be in over her head with this position is all. 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 2

On 7/2/2024 at 9:33 PM, SaltyTiger said:

He was actually pretty smart concerning the debate. Avoided most questions by yammering about something from the prior discussion. 

Do you think Biden will stay in the race? If it were a bet I would say no.

I'd rather judge the substance of his responses rather than his determination to avoid the question.  His performance was a stream of crazy accusations, personal attacks and outright laws. 

It was contemptuous of the intelligence of the audience, both of his MAGA base and everyone else.

(BTW, to those who continuously accuse the "MSM" of having a liberal bias - notice the amount of coverage being focused on Biden's future as opposed to what came out of Trump's mouth?)

I sincerely hope Biden drops out.  Our future - and his legacy - depends on it.

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

I'd rather judge the substance of his responses rather than his determination to avoid the question.  His performance was a stream of crazy accusations, personal attacks and outright laws. 

It was contemptuous of the intelligence of the audience, both of his MAGA base and everyone else.

(BTW, to those who continuously accuse the "MSM" of having a liberal bias - notice the amount of coverage being focused on Biden's future as opposed to what came out of Trump's mouth?)

I sincerely hope Biden drops out.  Our future - and his legacy - depends on it.

Tongue in cheek with “smart”. Great plan to avoid questioning. The man doesn’t have anything concrete to offer. Not sure Biden does either. 

Most people that watched the debate don’t need input from “MSM” in feelings regarding Joe. 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Tongue in cheek with “smart”. Great plan to avoid questioning. The man doesn’t have anything concrete to offer. Not sure Biden does either. 

Most people that watched the debate don’t need input from “MSM” in feelings regarding Joe. 

Personally, I would be fine if Biden wins and does nothing more than ensure the policies he installed over his first term.  I consider that "concrete".

Edited by homersapien

11 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Personally, I would be fine if Biden wins and does nothing more than ensure the policies he installed over his first term.  I consider that "concrete".

if Biden didn’t further deteriorate, I understand your point. But wondering every week if the 25th amendment should be enacted for 4 years seems … depressing/distracting.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

if Biden didn’t further deteriorate, I understand your point. But wondering every week if the 25th amendment should be enacted for 4 years seems … depressing/distracting.

That's no less true than for Trump.

The difference is that Trump's mental/psychological issues aren't manifested as physically as they are for Biden.

(And I am already depressed.  I just want to avoid being horrified.)

Edited by homersapien
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, homersapien said:

That's no less true than for Trump.

The difference is that Trump's mental/psychological issues aren't manifested as physically as they are for Biden.

(And I am already depressed.  I just want to avoid being horrified.)

The thing also to consider is the long game. Historically parties flip flop every eight years. This time it’s only 4 (Biden or Trump). In 2028 who will be the best positioned for a 2 term/8 yr run? 

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

The thing also to consider is the long game. Historically parties flip flop every eight years. This time it’s only 4 (Biden or Trump). In 2028 who will be the best positioned for a 2 term/8 yr run? 

Historically, we've had two more or less rational parties. ;D

But to your point, maybe we need another Trump term to rid the country of Trumpism once and all.

Um…

• Wow 1