The Biden-Replacement Operation

2 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

My guess is they try Michelle Obama,

Be a great debate. Trump would turn into intimidated weasel we were disappointed with in Helsinki. 

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Be a great debate. Trump would turn into intimidated weasel we were disappointed with in Helsinki. 

She would have done way better than Biden. 

She doesn’t seem like she would get rattled like Biden and turn into a child and bicker back in forth with Trump. 

4 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

She would have done way better than Biden. 

Maybe, have doubts that Trump would allow anyone to truly debate.

4 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Ah, the voters did actually speak. Confused. So to be clear - 2016 was a fair election but 2020 …  Why is that?

And maga  doesn’t have puppet master?  Seriously?

We are talking primaries not the general. Trump doesn’t have a puppet master. Seriously.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

We are talking primaries not the general. Trump doesn’t have a puppet master. Seriously.

Sorry I get confused. So the primaries are fair and the generals are sometimes fair. Depending on who wins I assume.

My other point was  maga  has a puppet master. 

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1

Well, I figure this is as good a place to put this as any.

and a link to an article.

Article from NBC News--essentially a Biden family meeting is forthcoming

The only analog that I can think of for this in the last 50+ years was Lyndon Johnson's decision not to run in 1968, which I don't think was his original plan early on in 1968. Others of you who were old enough to remember the circumstances surrounding that decision could fill in some context.

I have no idea what the outcome of that discussion is going to be...the proper decision would be for him to bow out. If that happens, then batten down the hatches. Harris is going to feel like it's her turn, but there is a reason she wasn't even close to being the candidate in 2020, and I'm not sure she'd move the needle enough.

What an hilarious predicament for the woke party.  If she gets passed over she will be the definition of a woman scorned.   I think the only way Joe can step down is if he resigns the presidency, which will make Kamala the president until the election.  The first black female to be president, the Dems dream, and is not considered by the dems to be able to beat the orange man?  OMG.

Its like the Dem run cities, they just can’t get out of their own way.   🤣

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I cant see Biden quitting on his own. His $$$ is pledged to him, and I cant see there not being a huge problem with the money not going to the next candidate. 

There are deadline problems with qualifying for some states for a new candidate. 

It looks like Biden will stay.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 2

The immediate focus is to get Jill and his daughter to convince him to step down. Michelle Obama would be an awful replacement and word is she isn't interested. I'm guessing they'll try to promote Gretchen Whitmer or maybe Don Davis from NC and see if there is positive feedback. Who knows at this point?

22 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

I cant see Biden quitting on his own. His $$$ is pledged to him, and I cant see their not being a huge problem with the money not going to the next candidate. 

There are deadline problems with qualifying for some states for a new candidate. 

It looks like Biden will stay.

If he quit he is admitting he is not able to continue as president and it would be the best for the country to apply the 25th amendment.  If that happens Kamala would become the president and the Dems can not let that happen.  There are states that have him on the ballot and can only be removed by death or applying the 25th amendment.

Since the meeting today with the Bidens is happening between 10 AM and 4 PM he maybe as lucid as he will be all day and would never step down.

15 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Sorry I get confused. So the primaries are fair and the generals are sometimes fair. Depending on who wins I assume.

My other point was  maga  has a puppet master. 

No worries my friend, as long as you are aware.  The puppet master thing is way more complicated so stay with me.

Dem:  Puppet master/Biden/MSM/minions

Rep:  Trump/a few media outlets/minions

Who is Biden's puppet master?  Obama. Sitting in the basement with his phone (ask him; he said in an interview that would be his preference for post presidency)

Who is Trumps puppet master?  No one. He does his own thing.  

So the puppet master metaphor as you described it faulty.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

No worries my friend, as long as you are aware.  The puppet master thing is way more complicated so stay with me.

Dem:  Puppet master/Biden/MSM/minions

Rep:  Trump/a few media outlets/minions

Who is Biden's puppet master?  Obama. Sitting in the basement with his phone (ask him; he said in an interview that would be his preference for post presidency)

So the puppet master metaphor as you described it faulty.

Theres is some truth in that. My point was simply maga has shown no ability to think independently. None. He says, you obey. Herd stuff. As Trump put it, if Trump shoots you in the middle of Times Square - he won’t lose one base voter. Yes - it’s beyond puppet master… Ps I’ll say this for the Dems - they’ve come out publicly pushing back on Biden. Would you? Or would it be something like the libs drugged his Diet Coke, cnn asked rigged questions, or aliens hypnotized him?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

Classic fascist mindset - all hail Dear Leader!  And seriously, Obama is Biden's puppet master?!   :lmao:

:ucrazy:(But you're always good for a laugh.)

Edited by homersapien
  • Facepalm 2

15 hours ago, SLAG-91 said:

Well, I figure this is as good a place to put this as any.

and a link to an article.

Article from NBC News--essentially a Biden family meeting is forthcoming

The only analog that I can think of for this in the last 50+ years was Lyndon Johnson's decision not to run in 1968, which I don't think was his original plan early on in 1968. Others of you who were old enough to remember the circumstances surrounding that decision could fill in some context.

I have no idea what the outcome of that discussion is going to be...the proper decision would be for him to bow out. If that happens, then batten down the hatches. Harris is going to feel like it's her turn, but there is a reason she wasn't even close to being the candidate in 2020, and I'm not sure she'd move the needle enough.

I was there.

IMO (short version): After LBJ doubled, tripled, quadrupled and quintupled down on Viet Nam he finally came to the realization it was a lost cause, and in fact, the entire premise was wrong. A major, major historical tragedy and blunder for the U.S.   That left him with no choice.

Too bad Nixon didn't pick up - and act on - that understanding, which was quite apparent at the time.  That's what made him evil.  

33 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Theres is some truth in that.

:-\

Could you point it out for us normal folks?

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

Theres is some truth in that. My point was simply maga has shown no ability to think independently. None. He says, you obey. Herd stuff. As Trump put it, if Trump shoots you in the middle of Times Square - he won’t lose one base voter. Yes - it’s beyond puppet master… Ps I’ll say this for the Dems - they’ve come out publicly pushing back on Biden. Would you? Or would it be something like the libs drugged his Diet Coke, cnn asked rigged questions, or aliens hypnotized him?

Thank you. If Trump shot me in Times Square he WOULD lose a base voter.  I think you fail to understand the MAGA mindset. But no problem I understand the theory and don't expect the left to get it.  I've heard pundits come out against Biden but no elected powerbrokers.  I could be wrong about that because I don't keep up with the hoya coming out of Schumer and Pelosi and the minions.  I was cringing expecting Trump to behave like the debates from 2020 which made him look stupid. I was glad he kept his composure and allowed Biden to hang himself with ineptitude.  I thought the moderators did a great job of administering the action without participating despite having their own opinions in their craniums.

• Like 1

I have a different recollection:  Johnson knew he was unpopular due to his increased participation in the Vietnam War, therefore, would not win a re-election battle.  

From the Britannica:

By 1968, Lyndon B. Johnson knew he was unlikely to win another presidential election; his increase of American involvement in the Vietnam War, as well as rising American casualties in Vietnam, had made him deeply unpopular. After Senator Eugene McCarthy and Robert Kennedy declared their candidacies for the Democratic presidential nomination, Johnson announced that he would not seek another term and would, instead, retire.

https://www.britannica.com/question/Why-didnt-Lyndon-B-Johnson-seek-another-term-as-president

Also:

Concern about his personal credibility was also at work in Johnson’s calculus. As he would say to U.S. Ambassador to South Vietnam Henry Cabot Lodge within two days of becoming president, “I will not lose in Vietnam.” That personal stake in the outcome of the war remained a theme throughout his presidency, perhaps best embodied by his remark to Senator Eugene McCarthy in February 1966: “I know we oughtn’t to be there, but I can’t get out,” Johnson maintained. “I just can’t be the architect of surrender.”

https://prde.upress.virginia.edu/content/Vietnam

Ego can be a terrible thing.

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

I’ll say this for the Dems - they’ve come out publicly pushing back on Biden.

The MAGA version of the Democratic Party are still singing his tune.  I’m not sure what your nickname for them are other than cultists.

• Like 2

Kamala will not go quietly;

Imagine if Biden had picked someone for his Vice President based on competency rather than identity politics. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, JMWATS said:

Imagine if Biden had picked someone for his Vice President based on competency rather than identity politics. 

Would never happen.

I think Biden will step down as the candidate before the convention. The pressure is mounting rapidly.  There are no coincidences, and the decision to debate Trump in June never made sense for Biden.  The decision was made to make Biden's decline apparent and give public support to having him step down.  The convention will be chaos but it will be must see TV.  The democrats will come out of it united with a candidate not named Trump or Biden, and they will have a tremendous amount of momentum going into the fall.  All the new candidate has to do is repudiate Biden's border policies (even if it's a lie) to negate the democrats biggest vulnerability.  Whoever it is will have an excellent chance of winning, unfortunately. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Would never happen.

Arguably, it never has, regardless of party.

It is amusing watching all the idiots trying to convince themselves and everyone that Biden just had a bad night. 🤣 

Let the gaslighting continue. 

Pelosi trying to say Trump has dementia and not Biden. You can’t make this stuff up. No Trump doesn’t have dementia, he just lies and lives in his own world.  Biden lies as well and can’t remember his own name or what year it is. 

But he beat Medicare, so he has that going for him. 

Welcome to the old man clown show. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

No Trump doesn’t have dementia,

“Chair, clock, table, window”…….Trump is the only person to ace it in the history of testing.

• Haha 3