More debates?

Would you, the voter, like to see additional debates? Different formats? After the last debate, do you think the candidates would agree to additional  debates. If you were a Biden or Trump advisor what is your recommendation?

6 hours ago, creed said:

Would you, the voter, like to see additional debates? Different formats? After the last debate, do you think the candidates would agree to additional  debates. If you were a Biden or Trump advisor what is your recommendation?

A 2nd debate is already planned with ABC moderators.

When's then next presidential debate? Biden vs. Trump fall 2024 (usatoday.com)

There is no advantage for Trump to do another debate.  Why would he?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

There is no advantage for Trump to do another debate.  Why would he?

I agree but I think he agreed to two debates at the same. time he agreed to the first one. On the positive side for him he really doesn't have much to lose. The damage to Biden is done and it would take a miracle for him to recover now IMHO. Trump needs to focus on what the things he will do given a second term. Biden will continue to say Trump lies and Trump needs to be well versed on Biden's many lies. Unfortunately all presidents and most politicians lie quite often.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

I agree but I think he agreed to two debates at the same. time he agreed to the first one. On the positive side for him he really doesn't have much to lose. The damage to Biden is done and it would take a miracle for him to recover now IMHO. Trump needs to focus on what the things he will do given a second term. Biden will continue to say Trump lies and Trump needs to be well versed on Biden's many lies. Unfortunately all presidents and most politicians lie quite often.

All Trump has to do is demand a cognitive test before he debates Joe again saying it would be a waste of time if he can’t pass one.  I doubt Joe would do that.  Talk is Joe and his family are deciding tomorrow if he will stay in the race.  Interesting times.

• Like 1

So, if Joe suddenly bows out, who decides the democratic nominee?  I thought that was thru party votes.  But hey, I know nothing of how the machine works. 

There’s zero value in having these two clowns debate again. An orange spray tan felon with straw for hair who lies constantly, and a doddling man stammering and struggling to answer basic questions he’s been prepped on for the past week. Football season can’t get here fast enough. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

There’s zero value in having these two clowns debate again. An orange spray tan felon with straw for hair who lies constantly, and a doddling man stammering and struggling to answer basic questions he’s been prepped on for the past week. Football season can’t get here fast enough. 

You know, that DKW guy has been saying basically this for about a year now. 

trump debate again? For what? Everyone in America saw Biden face plant on a national stage. If I am on Team trump, there are no more debates? What's the point?

Biden got a crazy beneficial deal on the first debate. Half of the Republicans were furious with trump for giving away the farm by allowing Biden such crazy advantages. 
Biden got a favorable location: Dem Friendly Atlanta
Biden got a favorable network: Many have called CNN the propaganda wing of the DNC for decades.
Biden got extremely favorable moderators: You cant find anyone that openly hates trump more than Bash and Tapper.
Biden got a favorable prep time: He literally did nothing but prep for this debate for a solid week. 
Biden was said to be juiced up on drugs for the debate as well.

After all that was going his way, he face-planted. 

The next debate, if it ever happens, and I cant see it ever happening now, how can you expect a better outcome for Biden?

They are now calling Biden's stare "Resting 25th Amendment Face."

See "We finally beat Medicare..."

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

I hope Trump does not debate Biden again. There is nothing for Trump to gain. If Biden stays in, and Trump avoids political suicide, Trump will win. I think most people agree that this election is about the lesser of two evils, and I think Trump is the lesser by a razor thin margin. Just MHO.

Trump may not be smart enough to know this, but I think his inner circle knows and will steer the campaign accordingly - away from debating Biden again.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

I think Trump is the lesser by a razor thin margin. Just MHO.

Is this just placating the left on this board so you won’t be called MAGA?  Do you really believe Biden is lesser of a candidate by a razor thin margin even thought he is a dementia patient?  Do you think the Democratic Party deserves your respect when they have kept vital information from the public while trying to lambast their chief opponent by putting him in jail?   The concocted the 51 retired security officers just in time for the 2nd debate in 2020 to give the feeble minded Biden a talking point to win that debate.  This the same party that had a Senator threaten the SCOTUS on the court house steps and a few years later there was an attempt on a Justices life.

This goes deeper than just one man.  Have you noticed how quite the unhinged are since Thursday night?  They are waiting for the Dems to tell them what to think and how to react.

Edited by I_M4_AU
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Is this just placating the left on this board so you won’t be called MAGA?  Do you really believe Biden is lesser of a candidate by a razor thin margin even thought he is a dementia patient?  Do you think the Democratic Party deserves your respect when they have kept vital information from the public while trying to lambast their chief opponent by putting him in jail?   The concocted the 51 retired security officers just in time for the 2nd debate in 2020 to give the feeble minded Biden a talking point to win that debate.  This the same party that had a Senator threaten the SCOTUS on the court house steps and a few years later there was an attempt on a Justices life.

This goes deeper than just one man.  Have you noticed how quite the unhinged are since Thursday night?  They are waiting for the Dems to tell them what to think and how to react.

Pretty much, yes, I guess. I'm pretty conservative and have always voted accordingly. But I do have some heartburn with Trump, even though I hope he wins in November.

I'd love to post a lot here, but I've always said this about internet forums: the political section is where you go to make mortal enemies out of people you've been friends with in other parts of the forum. So I always refrain from posting about politics.

Oh wait...

Edited by WillMunny
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

I'd love to post a lot here, but I've always said this about internet forums: the political section is where you go to make mortal enemies out of people you've been friends with in other parts of the forum. So I always refrain from posting about politics.

This is true and unfortunate at the same time.  I do wish the Republicans would have chosen someone else, but alas…

• Like 1