For those definitely not supporting Trump...

54 minutes ago, GoAU said:

So using the word “vermin” is enough to draw analogies to someone that exterminated over 6 Million people?   Really???

In his eyes, yes. Equivalence 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, GoAU said:

So using the word “vermin” is enough to draw analogies to someone that exterminated over 6 Million people?   Really???

Yes.  When applied to the "other"

Using the exact same rhetoric as used by Hitler suggests a commonality of thinking - a similar racist and xenophobic world view. 

What Hitler was ultimately responsible for is immaterial.

• Facepalm 1

20 hours ago, autigeremt said:

In his eyes, yes. Equivalence 

The xenophobic/racist perspective is similar.

We're not comparing histories, we are comparing language.  Language reflects ones thinking.

In your case, the inability to discern nuance. :-\

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

Aaaahhhhh more driveby psychoanalysis…

19 hours ago, GoAU said:

• Thanks 3

19 hours ago, GoAU said:

I think anytime you label vast swaths of human beings "vermin" you invite the comparisons.  If he doesn't want such comparisons, maybe - just maybe - he could take a beat and choose his words more carefully.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, homersapien said:

Yes.  When applied to the "other"

Using the exact same rhetoric as used by Hitler suggests a commonality of thinking - a similar racist and xenophobic world view. 

What Hitler was ultimately responsible for is immaterial.

You never seem to give up on the illogical and unproven theory that Trump is a racist.  You can’t find a shred of actual proof of racism, but you drink the proverbial gravy from the left nonstop.  

On 7/18/2024 at 8:43 PM, GoAU said:

That is your premise, which is stupid and illogical.

I am saying that Trump uses the same rhetoric as Hitler.  Do you deny that, or just not know the history?

50 minutes ago, GoAU said:

You never seem to give up on the illogical and unproven theory that Trump is a racist.  You can’t find a shred of actual proof of racism, but you drink the proverbial gravy from the left nonstop.  

"Unproven"?  :laugh:

To steal a tactic from 78:  do your research.  Search "Trump racism". 

(It's a family tradition.)

Edited by homersapien

FACT

Trump did in fact say "Hitler did some good things"

Vance did in fact say "Trump is America's Hitler"

Trump sucked the toes of dictators throughout his previous reign. Putin, North Korea, Xi, Orban, etc, cut off the limits on Iranian nuclear development, worked out a "deal" with the Taliban for the U.S. exit from Afghanistan, created a scam wall between the U.S. and Mexico, and did his best to cut us off from our true allies in Europe. Now he has vowed to cut off Ukraine because HAHAHAHA he can automatically end the war on day one of his next presidency.  Even his buddy Puting laughed at that.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, AURex said:

FACT

Trump sucked the toes of dictators throughout his previous reign. Putin, North Korea, Xi, Orban, etc, cut off the limits on Iranian nuclear development, worked out a "deal" with the Taliban for the U.S. exit from Afghanistan, created a scam wall between the U.S. and Mexico, and did his best to cut us off from our true allies in Europe. Now he has vowed to cut off Ukraine because HAHAHAHA he can automatically end the war on day one of his next presidency.  Even his buddy Puting laughed at that.

The longer I am on this earth the more I understand that pols and media people say things all day long that they do not mean. We do 1000 threads on hyperbole here. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GoAU said:

I believe that a lot of that stems from the whole "Make America Great Again" theme.  If I was a black man, I would seriously question what time frame this greatness existed.  Economically, it took real effort to not succeed in America post WWII, unless you were a black man.  If you were, you were told where you could do everything from eat to use the restroom.  I don't personally know that Trump is a racist.  I am certain that he doesn't see himself in that light at all.  His inclusion of Stephen Miller as an advisor does raise questions, because he is as close to being an outward racist as it gets.  He simply says it in an educated way using pretty words.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I believe that a lot of that stems from the whole "Make America Great Again" theme.  If I was a black man, I would seriously question what time frame this greatness existed.  Economically, it took real effort to not succeed in America post WWII, unless you were a black man.  If you were, you were told where you could do everything from eat to use the restroom.  I don't personally know that Trump is a racist.  I am certain that he doesn't see himself in that light at all.  His inclusion of Stephen Miller as an advisor does raise questions, because he is as close to being an outward racist as it gets.  He simply says it in an educated way using pretty words.

True.  IMO, his racist actions were/are motivated solely by his focus on doing what he considers best for him. 

He's not "immoral" as much as he is "amoral".

3 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Talk about creating a narrative out of a pretty nice slogan. But hey, why not? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, homersapien said:

That is your premise, which is stupid and illogical.

I am saying that Trump uses the same rhetoric as Hitler.  Do you deny that, or just not know the history?

Same rhetoric???  That’s silly and disingenuous.  Because you can pick up a similar comparison by use of a word like vermin would be as silly as me disagreeing with you because Trump didn’t speak in German.  Show me a single speech that blames the problems our country has on an ethnic group like Hitler did in his “Final Soultion” would be a start.   There’s this thing called “context”, I suggest you learn it and stop trying to play a literary game of “gotcha” based on a word or phrase. 

17 hours ago, homersapien said:

"Unproven"?  :laugh:

To steal a tactic from 78:  do your research.  Search "Trump racism". 

(It's a family tradition.)

I have, and there is zero proof of Trump being a racist. 

16 hours ago, AURex said:

FACT

Is that really a “FACT” or was it alleged by someone that actually dislikes Trump and has an axe to grind?  

FACT - Putin expanded territory under both Obama and Biden, he did not under Trump.  

FACT - Trump had illegal immigration on a downward trend with the “Remain in Mexico” policy and Biden intentionally dismantled it and essentially opened the door to mass waves of illegal immigrants 

FACT - Trump correctly pointed out that most members of NATO were not supporting their end of the treaty by spending 2% of their GDP on defense, and were essentially banking on us doing it for them   

1 hour ago, GoAU said:

Same rhetoric???  That’s silly and disingenuous.  Because you can pick up a similar comparison by use of a word like vermin would be as silly as me disagreeing with you because Trump didn’t speak in German.  Show me a single speech that blames the problems our country has on an ethnic group like Hitler did in his “Final Soultion” would be a start.   There’s this thing called “context”, I suggest you learn it and stop trying to play a literary game of “gotcha” based on a word or phrase.

Well, if it's "silly" and disingenuous a lot of other people have also noted it. It's very characteristic of Hitler's - and Goebbels - Nazi political rhetoric.

There are German words for "vermin". :-\

Trump routinely blames crime and loss of jobs on immigration - in the "hundreds of thousands". Most recently, a few days ago.

Political rhetoric is political rhetoric.  I don't know where you're going with "context". In fact, you'll also have to explain the last sentence, I don't understand your point.

1 hour ago, GoAU said:

"Zero proof"  You betcha. :rolleyes:

You either didn't research it or you just dismissed all of the hits you got.

Here's a couple more for you to reject out of hand, even though they are factual:

https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12270880/donald-trump-racist-racism-history

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/dont-believe-trump-when-he-claims-hes-not-racist/

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/06/trump-racism-comments/588067/

47 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, if it's "silly" and disingenuous a lot of other people have also noted it. It's very characteristic of Hitler's - and Goebbels - Nazi political rhetoric.

There are German words for "vermin". :-\

Trump routinely blames crime and loss of jobs on immigration - in the "hundreds of thousands". Most recently, a few days ago.

Political rhetoric is political rhetoric.  I don't know where you're going with "context". In fact, you'll also have to explain the last sentence, I don't understand your point.

So, Trump correlating insanely large numbers of illegal immigration to rises in crime makes him a racist?   Some would say it’s just statistics.  And to put it on the same terms as Hitler, has he called for mass extermination of any racial group?   If you can’t see the idiocy of this comparisons you are either truly ignorant or just full of TDS.  

My comment about understanding context is quite simple - the comments he made in Charlottesville are a prime example - people used a snippet of what he said and intentionally misrepresenting it.   The same is true about his “dictator” comments.  

40 minutes ago, homersapien said:

"Zero proof"  You betcha. :rolleyes:

You either didn't research it or you just dismissed all of the hits you got.

Here's a couple more for you to reject out of hand, even though they are factual:

https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12270880/donald-trump-racist-racism-history

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/dont-believe-trump-when-he-claims-hes-not-racist/

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/06/trump-racism-comments/588067/

Really???  You cite these sources as “proof”??   LOL.  

7 hours ago, GoAU said:

Is that really a “FACT” or was it alleged by someone that actually dislikes Trump and has an axe to grind?

Those quotes are FACT. Do your fact checking before just regurgitating wingnut rhetoric. They said it.

More lies from the Trump rambling and other wingnuts at the RNC. They kept accusing immigrants of hauling in illegal drugs. This is FALSE. 

Once again, time to fact check. Just because Trump and his wingnut allies spew words does not make them true.

Edited by AURex

12 hours ago, AURex said:

Those quotes are FACT. Do your fact checking before just regurgitating wingnut rhetoric. They said it.

You feel they are fact, because they support your pre-existing bias.  Saying “so and so” said he said something racist is called “hear - say”, not fact.  

Let’s try this game - show me a single policy under his presidency that is in fact racist.   I’ll be here waiting…..

19 hours ago, GoAU said:

So, Trump correlating insanely large numbers of illegal immigration to rises in crime makes him a racist?  1) Some would say it’s just statistics.  And to put it on the same terms as Hitler,2)  has he called for mass extermination of any racial group?   If you can’t see the idiocy of this comparisons you are either truly ignorant or just full of TDS. 

1) Statistics do not support these rabid claims of an immigrant-caused crime wave.

2) No, Trump has not called specifically for mass extermination... But then no one has claimed that. What he has done is use the same language Hitler used when describing "others", such as "vermin" and "disease ridden rapists, "****hole" countries, etc....

19 hours ago, GoAU said:

My comment about understanding context is quite simple - the comments he made in Charlottesville are a prime example - people used a snippet of what he said and intentionally misrepresenting it.   The same is true about his “dictator” comments.  

BS.  He clearly and obviously was trying to maintain his support with white nationalists and neo-nazis.

Any decent leader would condemn such ideologies. Trump welcomes their support if they will vote for him. That is what informed his comments.

If you don't understand this, you are completely blind to the truth.

19 hours ago, GoAU said:

Really???  You cite these sources as “proof”??   LOL.  

The stories reported in those sources actually happenedThey are true. They are documented.  No one simply made theses stories up. That is the proof.

You are blind to reality.  It's sad and scary.

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

BS.  He clearly and obviously was trying to maintain his support with white nationalists and neo-nazis.

Any decent leader would condemn such ideologies. Trump welcomes their support if they will vote for him. That is what informed his comments.

If you don't understand this, you are completely blind to the truth.

Since you are unwilling or unable to break away from the narrative you cling so deeply to.  

I assume you’ll at least agree that FactCheck.org is far from a right leaning source…

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/02/trump-has-condemned-white-supremacists/

Maybe you can quit squawking about this now?