For those definitely not supporting Trump...

I'd like to see someone, but I don't know who.  The kind of Democrat I could support I don't think could get through their nomination process.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I'd like to see someone, but I don't know who.  The kind of Democrat I could support I don't think could get through their nomination process.

Not going to be a process.  The DNC will control it completely unless Biden steps down before the convention. 

4 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Not going to be a process.  The DNC will control it completely unless Biden steps down before the convention. 

I simply meant, they won't nominate a new person that I think I could vote for.  Like, Gavin Newsom is a resounding "no" for me.  So is Kamala.

• Like 2

Well, if the DNC is in control of the nomination, then the question becomes, who's in control of the DNC.  I've gotta think it's Obama.  

• Haha 1

I'm where Titan is on this one...a Democrat that I would consider voting for wouldn't have a chance of getting through any sort of open convention process.

Last night just reinforced that we have two horrific primary options to choose from.  It's pitiful and we as a country should be embarrassed.

22 minutes ago, SLAG-91 said:

I'm where Titan is on this one...a Democrat that I would consider voting for wouldn't have a chance of getting through any sort of open convention process.

Last night just reinforced that we have two horrific primary options to choose from.  It's pitiful and we as a country should be embarrassed.

So are you voting for Trump?

Aubie gets my vote so far for 2024. Write in. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

So are you voting for Trump?

Negative, ghost rider.  I did see the title of the thread. You voting for Biden, since we're asking personal questions and all?

49 minutes ago, SLAG-91 said:

Negative, ghost rider.  I did see the title of the thread. You voting for Biden, since we're asking personal questions and all?

If he’s the nominee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

YES!  He is the guy.

But realistically, it’s looking like Harris, in which case I want Roy Cooper as VP.

It is Harris if anyone. The rules are too stringent. 

On 6/28/2024 at 1:09 AM, TexasTiger said:

Do you want someone to replace Biden as nominee and, if so, who?

I'd like to see this guy:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2023/11/08/democratic-incumbent-gov-andy-beshear-reelection-speech-vpx.cnn

A very rare unicorn. Any successful democrat  in a red state or a Republican in  a blue state - governor or senator - is exactly what this country desperately needs.  

• Like 1

On 6/28/2024 at 9:30 AM, TitanTiger said:

Were you super opposed to Obama?

Or do you think an Obama type candidate wouldn't make it through in these days?

I really do not care who the Democrats run as their candidate. I will never, ever vote for Trump. I would vote for corpse Biden in a coffin rather than Trump. As Vance has proclaimed, Trump is America's Hitler. I will NEVER vote for a wannabe dictator. Pick ANY Democrat as a candidate or just stick with Biden. I really don't care.

Biden has assembles a great team around him. All of those people would move to any other Democrat candidate. The Democrats are all about policy. Republicans/Trump are all about repression and control of American citizens. 1984 on steroids. NOPE!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AURex said:

I really do not care who the Democrats run as their candidate. I will never, ever vote for Trump. I would vote for corpse Biden in a coffin rather than Trump. As Vance has proclaimed, Trump is America's Hitler. I will NEVER vote for a wannabe dictator. Pick ANY Democrat as a candidate or just stick with Biden. I really don't care.

Biden has assembles a great team around him. All of those people would move to any other Democrat candidate. The Democrats are all about policy. Republicans/Trump are all about repression and control of American citizens. 1984 on steroids. NOPE!

Calm down Behar!   Everything will work out.   Ask Whoopi what she takes to sleep at night.   

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Calm down Behar!   Everything will work out.   Ask Whoopi what she takes to sleep at night.   

Gotta love the "serious" political talk......:-\

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Just like the post I commented on.   At least be a little bit neutral about who you call out.   

• Like 1

23 hours ago, AURex said:

Ahh, all of 72 hours and the “Hitler” rhetoric is back.  There isn’t a single valid point of comparison with Hitler, yet you continue to draw analogies with one of the evilest human beings to walk the earth.   

10 hours ago, homersapien said:

So a comparison of Rex to Joy Behar gets your condemnation, but comparing Trump to Adolf freaking Hitler is OK?   Really???

Edited by GoAU
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, GoAU said:

one of the evilest human beings to walk the earth.

Speaking of evil, that’s exactly how MGT is still referring to the Dems. And Fox News is too. The reality is that both parties and FOX/CNN are increasingly led by less than professional and far less than civil people. For either side to claim that one is worse than the other is just an exercise in silliness in my opinion. The venom and hatred is dangerous and puts us all at risk. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Speaking of evil, that’s exactly how MGT is still referring to the Dems. And Fox News is too. The reality is that both parties and FOX/CNN are increasingly led by less than professional and far less than civil people. For either side to claim that one is worse than the other is just an exercise in silliness in my opinion. The venom and hatred is dangerous and puts us all at risk. 

Assume you mean MTG?   

I certainly can’t debate that MTG and Fox News don’t hide a dislike of Biden, but I think you’d be very hard pressed to find either of those two (or any other mainstream Republicans) use anywhere near the rhetoric that the left uses such as comparisons to Hitler or “threat to democracy” that is so common in the Democratic Party.  And it’s certainly nowhere near as common.  

10 hours ago, GoAU said:

Assume you mean MTG?   

I certainly can’t debate that MTG and Fox News don’t hide a dislike of Biden, but I think you’d be very hard pressed to find either of those two (or any other mainstream Republicans) use anywhere near the rhetoric that the left uses such as comparisons to Hitler or “threat to democracy” that is so common in the Democratic Party.  And it’s certainly nowhere near as common.  

https://www.npr.org/2023/11/17/1213746885/trump-vermin-hitler-immigration-authoritarian-republican-primary

At a recent rally, former President Donald Trump used language in a speech that echoed Adolf Hitler, comparing his political opponents to "vermin." 

"We pledge to you that we will root out the communists, Marxists, fascists, and the radical left thugs that live like vermin within the confines of our country," he told a New Hampshire crowd.“

Sounds like we agree in principle but see it different when it comes to which party the rhetoric is coming from. If you do a quick Google search there are plenty of examples from both parties and our current President. As a proud long time Independent, I think both parties need to be more responsible, civil, and professional for the good of our nation. 

Edited by Gowebb11

11 hours ago, GoAU said:

Assume you mean MTG?   

If there are parallels or analogies between Trump and Hitler - and there are - it's not unreasonable to point those out. Nor is it taboo. 

It is what it is.

"At a recent rally, former President Donald Trump used language in a speech that echoed Adolf Hitler, comparing his political opponents to "vermin." 

"We pledge to you that we will root out the communists, Marxists, fascists, and the radical left thugs that live like vermin within the confines of our country,"

Edited by homersapien

10 hours ago, homersapien said:

If there are parallels or analogies between Trump and Hitler - and there are - it's not unreasonable to point those out. Nor is it taboo. 

It is what it is.

"At a recent rally, former President Donald Trump used language in a speech that echoed Adolf Hitler, comparing his political opponents to "vermin." 

"We pledge to you that we will root out the communists, Marxists, fascists, and the radical left thugs that live like vermin within the confines of our country,"

So using the word “vermin” is enough to draw analogies to someone that exterminated over 6 Million people?   Really???