Pearl on Holloway’s transfer to Alabama

• WarTiger changed the title to Pearl on Holloway’s transfer to Alabama

Some interesting comments. Aden comments on being "sold" and the O changing during the season... doesn't seem like they acknowledge any performance on his end.  Maybe UT will be different for him.

• Like 1

I don't think Holloway thought Sears would return.  So now Holloway is 2nd fiddle all the way.  He deserves it, being the traitor he is.

A Hatfield has joined the McCoys.  Chaos will ensue.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Good luck, but you made a stupid decision young man.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, AURex said:

Good luck, but you made a stupid decision young man.

And he did it purely out of spite. Looks like it is coming back to bite him in the a--. 

12 hours ago, 81spacetiger said:

Some interesting comments. Aden comments on being "sold" and the O changing during the season... doesn't seem like they acknowledge any performance on his end.  Maybe UT will be different for him.

UT?

Posted (edited)

I am not an insider neither do i have privileged info. I just have some thoughts on his actions, words and base them on what we know of Bruce and his players in the years before. 
Bruce instills discipline and though he works with a young man we know Bruce requires one to bend to his will .

It is apparent by Aiden’s comments and actions he and Bruce got at Odds. Who knows what about but the kid balked . He also refused to be disciplined. 
I have no doubts that Bruce told him to move on. I do not think he was  through with Aiden but you have to be able to trust one another. 

Edited by minister of music
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, minister of music said:

I am not an insider neither do i have privileged info. I just have some thoughts on his actions, words and base them on what we know of Bruce and his players in the years before. 
Bruce instills discipline and though he works with a young man we know Bruce requires one to bend to his will .

It is apparent by Aiden’s comments and actions he and Bruce got at Odds. Who knows what about but the kid balked . He also refused to be disciplined. 
I have no doubts that Bruce told him to move on. I do not think he was  through with Aiden but you have to be able to trust one another. 

Are you saying Bruce instills discipline on the court or off the court? 

Because some would say a lack of discipline on the court was key to Auburn losing to freaking Yale in the tourney. :realmad:

3 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Are you saying Bruce instills discipline on the court or off the court? 

Because some would say a lack of discipline on the court was key to Auburn losing to freaking Yale in the tourney. :realmad:

Agree in general. CBM’s personality and playing style and what went down toward the end of the season reminded me of charcoal starter fluid. You have to have it and a certain amount is needed but if apply too much someone will get burned by the flare up. That’s what happened vs Yale and Yale knew exactly which buttons to push. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Agree in general. CBM’s personality and playing style and what went down toward the end of the season reminded me of charcoal starter fluid. You have to have it and a certain amount is needed but if apply too much someone will get burned by the flare up. That’s what happened vs Yale and Yale knew exactly which buttons to push. 

Whatever it was with CBM, the lack of Bruce making CBM bend to his will and play a more disciplined style of ball led to an embarrassing loss to a non-scholly team on the big stage. Minister of music mentions that Aiden wouldn't accept Bruce's discipline and therefore Bruce told him to move on to another program.  Who really knows what happened?  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gr82be said:

reminded me of charcoal starter fluid. You have to have it and a certain amount is needed but if apply too much someone will get burned by the flare up. 

And if you don't let it burn completely off before throwing your meat on the grill, your meat with taste like hydrocarbons...  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, JerryAU said:

Whatever it was with CBM, the lack of Bruce making CBM bend to his will and play a more disciplined style of ball led to an embarrassing loss to a non-scholly team on the big stage. Minister of music mentions that Aiden wouldn't accept Bruce's discipline and therefore Bruce told him to move on to another program.  Who really knows what happened?  

Like i said , all conjecture on my part. 
I agree also with those who refer to the actions of players. Times are changing abruptly with Nil and outright paying a kid and it has to reflect in discipline. Coaches got it tough. 
I still feel that Aiden would be at AU cept he could not accept necessary guidance. 
And like some have said may he feel that bammer pride roll on him. 

On 6/30/2024 at 11:06 PM, WillMunny said:

I don't think Holloway thought Sears would return.  So now Holloway is 2nd fiddle all the way.  He deserves it, being the traitor he is.

Hollaway either didn't think Sears would return or was "told" he wouldn't return. Either way, he made an extremely poor and knee jerk childish decision that has completely blown up in his face.

• Like 2

On 6/30/2024 at 10:06 PM, WillMunny said:

Oates sold him that Sears would not return and Aden would be the star.

Meanwhile Oates was begging sears to come back.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, TigerOne said:

Oates sold him that Sears would not return and Aden would be the star.

Meanwhile Oates was begging sears to come back.

Oats wouldn't do a thing like that. Past history has shown him to be a man of the highest caliber of class, integrity, and honesty.

• Haha 2

Oates would tell his own mother he loved her while setting his dad up with a new gold digger that he thought he could bone. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can someone name a college basketball coach with high character, class, integrity and honesty? 

Seriously, coaches are some of the most unethical and dishonest people alive outside of politicians.  

• Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

On 7/6/2024 at 4:53 PM, arktiger1975 said:

Oats wouldn't do a thing like that. Past history has shown him to be a man of the highest caliber of class, integrity, and honesty.

Are you talking about the same Nate Oates who let a player suit up the next game after he was out after curfew and was involved in a murder of a young girl? Is this the same Nate Oates who said the player was "in the wrong place at the wrong time?" That Nate Oates?

• Like 1

On 7/1/2024 at 10:02 AM, TeamZero77 said:

UT?

University of Tuscaloosa 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Randy4AU said:

Are you talking about the same Nate Oates who let a player suit up the next game after he was out after curfew and was involved in a murder of a young girl? Is this the same Nate Oates who said the player was "in the wrong place at the wrong time?" That Nate Oates?

Yep, was just being sarcastic. And not to mention shouting GTFO at opposing coaches after the game, among many other things.

On 7/9/2024 at 8:59 AM, JerryAU said:

Can someone name a college basketball coach with high character, class, integrity and honesty? 

Seriously, coaches are some of the most unethical and dishonest people alive outside of politicians.  

But how many have knowingly harbored an accomplice to a murder, and did nothing to him, simply because he was a star player? They were ranked #1 at the time, and Oats didn't want to upset the apple cart. Meanwhile, he got rid of a couple of other involved players who played lesser roles. He essentially implied that winning was more important than a human life.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

But how many have knowingly harbored an accomplice to a murder, and did nothing to him, simply because he was a star player? They were ranked #1 at the time, and Oats didn't want to upset the apple cart. Meanwhile, he got rid of a couple of other involved players who played lesser roles. He essentially implied that winning was more important than a human life.

There's no doubt he's a low life individual.  

One would think the mainstream media would still be riding his arse so hard that uat would have no choice but to terminate his contract.  Not one story or headline or even the NCAA or Commissioner Sankey (SEC) has lifted a finger against Oats or their program.  Not one single SEC coach, AD or school president in this conference has stood up to get him ousted from the SEC!  WHY? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/6/2024 at 4:53 PM, arktiger1975 said:

In my eyes, Nate Oats is scum. He is the basketball version of Urban Meyer but without the 3 National championships. Florida and Ohio State knew Urban Meyer had their football program rolling, so they looked the other way on certain issues. Alabama knows that Nate Oats has the basketball program rolling right now and winning SEC Titles and I think they're choosing to look the other way on some off-the-court issues. 

At the end of the day, Nate Oats is a "win at all costs" type coach and he has finally found a school (Alabama) that shares that same philosophy and that's not good. 

• Like 1