Schlossnagle Leaves TAMU for UT

I guess the questioning ticked him off and left out of spite 😆 

• Haha 1

Thinking about this one, this decision had to be made at least a few days ago and maybe weeks ago. So a coach is taking a team through the regionals, supers, and CWS, while negotiating with their biggest rival. Then leaves for the rival school the next morning. Not only are the optics terrible, this is why the player’s aren’t all to blame for the NIL/Portal. Coaches have been doing this kind of crap forever. 

• Thanks 3

I really hope the A&M-Texas series is in College Station next year.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Thinking about this one, this decision had to be made at least a few days ago and maybe weeks ago. So a coach is taking a team through the regionals, supers, and CWS, while negotiating with their biggest rival. Then leaves for the rival school the next morning. Not only are the optics terrible, this is why the player’s aren’t all to blame for the NIL/Portal. Coaches have been doing this kind of crap forever. 

Amen 

That rivalry just took went hellfire hot. Welcome to the new SEC wayyy west. 😂 

• Like 2

I see it's already mentioned but took the full staff.  What a terrible gut punch for the Aggies.

• Wow 1

He worked under Conte, Texas AD, for 18 years while they were at TCU from 2004-2021. Not unexpected, but timing is horrible. They couldn’t have waited a week or so after game 3?

29 minutes ago, Tiger1992 said:

He worked under Conte, Texas AD, for 18 years while they were at TCU from 2004-2021. Not unexpected, but timing is horrible. They couldn’t have waited a week or so after game 3?

Maybe the *gut punch* was the intent.

• Like 1

What a terrible look.  Goodness.  I thought it was fake when I first read it.

11 hours ago, SLAG-91 said:

I really hope the A&M-Texas series is in College Station next year.

Has a coach ever been beaned during a game? 😝

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, boisnumber1 said:

Has a coach ever been beaned during a game? 😝

Needs to be an overthrow at first 😆 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

still can't believe this and how shady, down-low it was/is.  extremely disrespectful.  he better hope the aggies don't have any updykes left in texas

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

The rumor is that Schloss has been pretty much inked since April/May and he's taking his staff with him and had already told a few aTm players & recruits (and their parents) to hold off on signing any NIL deals and not to consider hitting the portal until after the CWS. 

He's a shady guy with questionable character, and he'll fit right in with the SEC coaching fraternity.  😆

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tiger1992 said:

The portal deadline is July 1st - he was already prepping for his new Texas roster.

This was an unmitigated and brutal knife in aTm's back.  

Edited by JerryAU
  • Like 1

I don’t even watch college baseball like that but what a dick. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, arktiger1975 said:

That would be like Bruce leaving Auburn to go to bama or Oats leaving bama to come to Auburn. 

More then that , it would be knowingly doing this with intention of being purposefully deceitful after you just losing the NCAA championship by a  buzzer beater.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JerryAU said:

The portal deadline is July 1st - he was already prepping for his new Texas roster.

This was an unmitigated and brutal knife in aTm's back.  

Wasn’t familiar with the portal deadline date, makes sense.

Still some shady sh!t.

• Like 2