The Presidential debate

12 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

You have no idea what's going on behind the scenes. She could have been asking him for months to step down. For all you know, she could have asked him not to run in the first place. Once he made the decision, and now that he's out there, she supports him, as any of us would support our spouses in public.

You've proven yourself to be far worse a human being than she has.

Your schist is really getting old.  I can only go with what I see and she is always guiding him so he won’t fall down the stairs and telling him he was great for answering all the questions in the debate.  If she was in his ear to step down for months don’t you think he would have complied?  She is the only one that can affect a change in him.

17 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

That might help first time buyers - and that's not nothing.  But home prices dropping will also affect those who own a home now because they won't be able to put as much money toward their next purchase.

The biggest thing that affects a mortgage payment is the interest rate, unless housing prices drop approaching 10%, which is pretty significant.  And again - buyers trying to sell their own home will feel this price decrease too and give them less to put toward their next home, not to mention make it harder to sell theirs in the first place.

For example, take a house with a $200,000 loan.  Pretty normal for homes in Alabama outside or really rich areas like Mountain Brook and such.

At 5.5% interest, your monthly principal and interest on that is $1136
At 6.5% interest, it goes up to $1264.  An increase of $128 a month for the same loan.

Now, take that same house and knock $10k off so that your loan is only $190,000.  P&I on it is now $1201.  Still $65 more a month.  You don't see a P&I amount at 6.5% interest that gets below that 5.5% interest rate payment until you get knock off around $22,000 from the house price.

Perhaps a bit of a reduction in housing prices AND a bit of a reduction in interest rates would help? 

And my examples are conservative because I'm using my own situation with a 4.25% rate currently.  People who bought at 3% are going to really be in for a shock.  That's got to be overcome.

Interest rates will drop, but the addiction to free money has created longterm problems.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Your schist is really getting old.  I can only go with what I see and she is always guiding him so he won’t fall down the stairs and telling him he was great for answering all the questions in the debate.  If she was in his ear to step down for months don’t you think he would have complied?  She is the only one that can affect a change in him.

You’re increasingly pathetic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You’re increasingly pathetic.

And its *you’re*.  You’re welcome.

10 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Thank you for agreeing.

So you agree she should be influencing her husband to step down because it is the right thing to do, but are upset that I called her the worst wife in America.  Sounds like you just don’t like me being opinionated.  Ok.

I explained my objection in very simple terms that you should be able to understand. 

The truth is I see the daily hissy fits from Matt Walsh and the like and then I see you ape them on here. Walsh literally called Jill "the worst wife in America" along with a bunch of others on Twitter. You don't even think for yourself, if you think at all. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, cbo said:

I explained my objection in very simple terms that you should be able to understand. 

The truth is I see the daily hissy fits from Matt Walsh and the like and then I see you ape them on here. Walsh literally called Jill "the worst wife in America" along with a bunch of others on Twitter. You don't even think for yourself, if you think at all. 

Yes, they are telling me what to think:

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

FWIW:

Average hourly wage growth has exceeded inflation for 12 straight months, according to new Bureau of Labor Statistics data released this morning. This real (or inflation-adjusted) wage growth is a key indicator of how well the average worker's wage can improve their standard of living.
May 15, 2024

Not disputing wage growth. I am looking at the disparity in salaries vs home cost and the widening of the gap since we were younger.

4 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Not disputing wage growth. I am looking at the disparity in salaries vs home cost and the widening of the gap since we were younger.

College football player's wages alone have soared!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yes, they are telling me what to think:

I claim that you don't think for yourself and only regurgitate right wing Twitter.

You defend yourself by ... copying a Twitter link. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, cbo said:

I claim that you don't think for yourself and only regurgitate right wing Twitter.

He believes it’s “research.”

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

All you see is a RNC message about Jill and fail to listen to what she is saying and Joe in the background lost as ever.  You are the one that is being manipulated by your bias.

This isn’t a *deep fake* video.  Do you think MSNBC would be showing this?

Edited by I_M4_AU

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

College football player's wages alone have soared!

Except running back. They were highly paid at one time. Understand that they are a dime a dozen in the new offensive schemes. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Life has been pretty good for me since the 80s and with my situation no drop off since Biden. I do not care for the price shock of things anymore than you but know it is not all Biden related and that Trump is not a fix.

”You people”? Never voted for a democrat as president in my life but it is easy to see that Trump is a rambling buffoon. 

Would you vote for me, Salty? 😉

7 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

He believes it’s “research.”

The Twitter name has research in it so it must be true

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

All you see is a RNC message about Jill and fail to listen to what she is saying and Joe in the background lost as ever.  You are the one that is being manipulated by your bias.

This isn’t a *deep fake* video.  Do you think MSNBC would be showing this?

Have you read anything I've written? 

We agree Joe is lost. It's very bad. I've said it over and over again, including before the debate. 

But what do you expect Jill to do? Is she supposed to say to a crowd, "Boy, my husband blew it last night. He is a true disaster. He knew all the questions in advance and had a week of prep yet was incoherent. You should see him at home. It's even worse!"

Would that make her not "the worst wife ever?"

Or are you still clinging to the faulty premise that every man does exactly what his wife tells him to do the minute she tells him? So Jill clearly is encouraging Joe to run. 

36 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

With CBO here IM. Don’t really know what is going on and how agreeing she is about him running. She plays the part well but what choice does she have. 

Just having a hard time believing smart people see this wreck coming.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Would you vote for me, Salty? 😉

In a Minnesota minute vs what I saw last night. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Your schist is really getting old. 

schist

/SHist/ 

noun

a coarse-grained metamorphic rock which consists of layers of different minerals and can be split into thin irregular plates.

43 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I can only go with what I see....

....except when it comes to proof of guilt of Democratic politicians, of course. Continuing....

44 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

...and she is always guiding him so he won’t fall down the stairs and telling him he was great for answering all the questions in the debate. 

Wow. You're right... what a terrible wife.

45 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

If she was in his ear to step down for months don’t you think he would have complied? 

No.

But I guess we know who wears the pants in your family 🤭

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, cbo said:

Have you read anything I've written? 

We agree Joe is lost. It's very bad. I've said it over and over again, including before the debate. 

But what do you expect Jill to do? Is she supposed to say to a crowd, "Boy, my husband blew it last night. He is a true disaster. He knew all the questions in advance and had a week of prep yet was incoherent. You should see him at home. It's even worse!"

Would that make her not "the worst wife ever?"

Or are you still clinging to the faulty premise that every man does exactly what his wife tells him to do the minute she tells him? So Jill clearly is encouraging Joe to run. 

Yes, I have read what you have written and the only thing we disagree on is Jill and her attitude about Joe running.

I don’t expect her to come out and say her husband blew it, but I also don’t expect her to be on stage to spin last nights debate into something that he preformed well in.  

I don’t cling to any false premise about listening to your wife, but when they are right, they are right.  It’s why I have hearing aids today.

17 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

With CBO here IM. Don’t really know what is going on and how agreeing she is about him running. She plays the part well but what choice does she have. 

Just having a hard time believing smart people see this wreck coming.

It’s never easy to do the right thing in the world of politics.

14 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

But I guess we know who wears the pants in your family 🤭

A sexist would say.

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

I mean, congrats...but understand your situation isn't the norm.

Never said I wasn't, but this is the only group I go to that actively complains about prices, which includes the retire early community (mostly millennials talking about their finances and strategies to improve savings rate). 

So when I see an older generation use us as an example, of course I'm going not going to believe it. 

By the way, that other community's biggest complaint is the predatory practice of student loans. So whichever party decides they actually want to fix it will essentially win an entire generation. 

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It’s never easy to do the right thing in the world of politics.

Do you agree that someone would have seen this coming? Was he allowed to self destruct by design? Crazy but last night was crazy. 

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Do you agree that someone would have seen this coming? Was he allowed to self destruct by design? Crazy but last night was crazy. 

There is no doubt that his staff and administration knew the debate performance was unavoidable.  If this was by design, Jill I don’t think was aware of it.  I would have guessed if she was she would not be stumping for Joe today. 

Interesting times ahead.