File this under OPEN BORDERS

Memo sent after President Biden's executive order banning asylum for most illegal crossers took effect last week
An internal Border Patrol memo, obtained by Fox News, instructs agents in the San Diego sector to release single adults from all but six countries in the Eastern Hemisphere and classify them as "hard" or "very hard" to remove.

The memo was sent out after President Biden's executive order banning asylum for most illegal immigrants took effect last week.

Biden announced the order on Tuesday and said he was "moving past Republican obstruction and using executive authorities available to me as president to do what I can on my own to address the border."

Details in the memo, first reported by the Washington Examiner's Anna Giaritelli, instructs agents that all single adults from the Eastern Hemisphere are to be processed via "NTA/OR," which means Notice to Appear/released on Own Recognizance, except for migrants from Russia, Georgia, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Moldova and Kyrgyzstan – which are "mandatory referral" countries. 

There are more than 100 countries in the Eastern Hemisphere, meaning that despite the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and President Biden's threats of consequences and promises to remove migrants who cross illegally under the new executive order, the overwhelming majority of the migrants in the San Diego sector are being released into the U.S.

A senior Border Patrol official told Fox News' Bill Melugin that this was localized guidance put out to the San Diego sector only because of the unique countries around the world they encounter there. 

The official said this is not U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) or DHS guidance for the entire border.

The CBP official said even if these migrants are released into the U.S., they still are not eligible for asylum and cannot request it.

There's more at the link if you are interested.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tigermike said:

There are more than 100 countries in the Eastern Hemisphere, meaning that despite the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and President Biden's threats of consequences and promises to remove migrants who cross illegally under the new executive order, the overwhelming majority of the migrants in the San Diego sector are being released into the U.S.

This statement assumes that the overwhelming majority of migrants coming thru San Diego are from those Eastern Hemisphere countries. Any evidence of that?

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

This statement assumes that the overwhelming majority of migrants coming thru San Diego are from those Eastern Hemisphere countries. Any evidence of that?

No it doesn't assume,  it states 

"the overwhelming majority of the migrants in the San Diego sector are being released into the U.S."

Any evidence that's not accurate?

Any evidence that this administration doesn't have an open borders policy?  In spite of their denials. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tigermike said:

This is one sentence where the conclusion flows from the stated premise. That premise: there are more than 100 countries in the Eastern Hemisphere and only 7 have the particular restriction. The conclusion: Thus, the overwhelming majority of the migrants in the San Diego sector are being released into the U.S. Are the overwhelming majority from those countries in the Eastern Hemisphere? If not, this premise doesn’t support that conclusion.

15 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

This is one sentence where the conclusion flows from the stated premise. That premise: there are more than 100 countries in the Eastern Hemisphere and only 7 have the particular restriction. The conclusion: Thus, the overwhelming majority of the migrants in the San Diego sector are being released into the U.S. Are the overwhelming majority from those countries in the Eastern Hemisphere? If not, this premise doesn’t support that conclusion.

The overwhelming majority of the migrants in the San Diego sector are being released into the U.S. and it doesn't matter what country they're from.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tigermike said:

The overwhelming majority of the migrants in the San Diego sector are being released into the U.S. and it doesn't matter what country they're from.

Can you cite the actual evidence for that other than Fox News drew a clearly illogical conclusion in an article?

17 hours ago, Tigermike said:

Any evidence that's not accurate?

I think I understand at least part of your problem. :rolleyes:

It's typical.

Edited by homersapien
  • Haha 1

Can you cite the actual evidence for that other than Fox News drew a clearly illogical conclusion in an article?

of course he does not. he is an auburn fan named after an lsu tiger for gods sake................

The point is that terrorists are being let into the country without properly vetting these people.  Here is a report from NBC news that is stating 400 possible terrorists have entered the country connected to an ISIS human trafficking outfit.  Does this not make you nervous or it doen’t matter because they may or may not have entered through San Diego?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

The point is that terrorists are being let into the country without properly vetting these people.  Here is a report from NBC news that is stating 400 possible terrorists have entered the country connected to an ISIS human trafficking outfit.  Does this not make you nervous or it doen’t matter because they may or may not have entered through San Diego?

My point is there are real concerns that can referenced without lies, embellishment or propaganda like Fox is so fond. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

My point is there are real concerns that can referenced without lies, embellishment or propaganda like Fox is so fond. 

By all means, get your information from CNN & MSNBC

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Tigermike said:

By all means, get your information from CNN & MSNBC

I think we all have more choices than those 3, don’t we? And I apply the same standard regardless.

5 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

You are correct Tex, theres no illegal immigrants flooding the border.  It's all a great right wing conspiracy. 

34 minutes ago, Tigermike said:

You are correct Tex, theres no illegal immigrants flooding the border.  It's all a great right wing conspiracy. 

When did you forget how to read?

• Haha 1