2024 3* Colorado Transfer CB Jahquez Robinson Signs With AU!

Auburn has signed former Alabama & Colorado DB transfer Jahquez Robinson. 

• Like 1

• ellitor pinned and featured this topic

Looks like more of a depth piece as didn't show that much at bama or Colorado. Has good size no idea what kind of speed he has or if he has good hips. Byrd DB's are your forte any input from you would be appreciated.

Edited by AuburnNTexas

He signed with Bama under Kelly and followed him to CU.  With Scott's injury, he was brought in for depth. I'll look at his tape when I get back home.

• Like 1

Um, okay. Can anyone fill me in why? Was Auburn ever chasing him? Was he ever considered some superstud? Did he wow our coaches on field during a visit?

Sorry, I'm just mystified.

4 hours ago, AURex said:

Um, okay. Can anyone fill me in why? Was Auburn ever chasing him? Was he ever considered some superstud? Did he wow our coaches on field during a visit?

It would appear he’s following Coach Kelly.

8 hours ago, AURex said:

@AURex As Bird alluded to above, Tyler Scott had a season ending knee injury yesterday.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

19 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Looks like more of a depth piece as didn't show that much at bama or Colorado. Has good size no idea what kind of speed he has or if he has good hips. Byrd DB's are your forte any input from you would be appreciated.

Very few young ones get to play in Bama's defensive backfield.   The fact they signed him is a positive.  Charles Kelly has an eye for talent.   In 23, with Prime, a bad hamstring bothered him for much of the year.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Very few young ones get to play in Bama's defensive backfield.   The fact they signed him is a positive.  Charles Kelly has an eye for talent.   In 23, with Prime, a bad hamstring bothered him for much of the year.  

Thank you.

• Like 1

Tyler Scott's torn ACL is a blow. I believe he was 3rd up at CB. 

But it's nice to see such quick mitigation. This is where it pays to have a connected coach like Kelley. 

• Like 4

So, in other words, he's just some guy who was available to fill a hole and provide some deep, deep depth,, but not really a "big catch" for the team? 

Okay. Not dissing on the guy, Maybe he can come in and blow the doors off our current RB room. If so, I'm gonna be 100% fanboy.

I'm just curious where this recruitment is coming from, because I don't see previous interest. Maybe I missed it.

4 hours ago, AURex said:

So, in other words, he's just some guy who was available to fill a hole and provide some deep, deep depth,, but not really a "big catch" for the team? 

Okay. Not dissing on the guy, Maybe he can come in and blow the doors off our current RB room. If so, I'm gonna be 100% fanboy.

I'm just curious where this recruitment is coming from, because I don't see previous interest. Maybe I missed it.

@AURex Per Jason Caldwell AU & Kelly were working this quietly for a while & we were taking him with or without Scott's injury once he finished everything he needed to at Colorado. Also he's a CB, not RB. Lastly given his familiarity with Kelly defenses, he's probablt more than a deep, deep, depth piece.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, LPTiger said:

The fact they signed him is a positive.

This.  Obviously Kelley likes him!   Saban knows DBs extremely well too.   If they signed him out of HS, you can bet your boots he has lots of potential.

I see this as a low risk/high potential reward move.  Freeze has pulled several of these moves from the portal!  If he happens to reach his full potential, awesome!!!   If not, he can still play some minutes and add to our depth.