Softball Roster Management for 2025?

Of course a few pitchers are needed in the portal, but I hope the Malveaux’s pick up a middle infielder in the portal as well. We lost Widra, McNemar and Penta (all who have played 2B this year). Roach and Peralta are the only middle infielders left on the roster. None of the freshmen coming in are MIF either. Both Peralta and Roach also batted around .180 in SEC play this past year. 

• Facepalm 1

Hoping the Malveauxs can restore Peralta's effectiveness at the plate.  Couple of years ago, she was regularly homering to start the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Hoping the Malveauxs can restore Peralta's effectiveness at the plate.  Couple of years ago, she was regularly homering to start the game.

I agree. I have a lot of hope in Peralta. She was our best hitter two years in a row. Roach hasn’t proven she can be a starter in the SEC though. Not to mention, if one of them go down to injury (knock on wood), we don’t have a replacement...

1 hour ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Hope they can also light a fire under her slow trot to first base when she does hit the ball...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Golden Eagle said:

Hope they can also light a fire under her slow trot to first base when she does hit the ball...

I noticed late in the season she was wearing a boot at times, so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt, and conclude that was injury-related.

There we go!! Let's go get her

Good start!!

• Like 1

could use her too

• Like 2

Most of the Louisiana team will follow Gerry to Texas Tech. It’ll be hard to pull any of them, but I’d reach out to ask. 

I’ll be interested to see if we are able to pick up another pitcher. 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2024 at 6:40 PM, AUBwins said:

Good start!!

Dead gum!  That girl is intimidating!!!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Dead gum!  That girl is intimidating!!!

That's the look you don't want to see in the circle as an opposing batter lol.  Especially with the glasses.  Reminds me of Wild Thing in Major League haha

• Love 1

We’ve landed another transfer according to a cryptic tweet from Team Malveaux. Any ideas who it may be?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WDE1976 said:

We’ve landed another transfer according to a cryptic tweet from Team Malveaux. Any ideas who it may be?

I hope its Salen Hawkens from Miss State.  If so she will be the first proven player from the portal this year.  

23 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Is anyone here old enough to remember Ryne Duren?

I am clearly old enough and that's probably why I don't remember.  Had google him.  100 mph wow!

1 hour ago, AUSRB said:

I hope its Salen Hawkens from Miss State.  If so she will be the first proven player from the portal this year.  

Are we in the running for her? Someone on twitter said she took an unofficial to bama. She’s good friends with Briski too. 

21 minutes ago, WDE1976 said:

Are we in the running for her? Someone on twitter said she took an unofficial to bama. She’s good friends with Briski too. 

I really don’t know I have heard her name mentioned.  I just know she is available and we are in need of an infielder especially one that can hit and she can hit.  

So I’m hearing it could be Kylie Brockman from Arkansas. She had a .000 average this year. If this is true, I’m going to be pissed. Why would they not be recruiting proven bats?

11 hours ago, slot canyon said:

I am clearly old enough and that's probably why I don't remember.  Had google him.  100 mph wow!

He had those thick glasses that made it look like he couldn't see very well.  He also demonstrated a good bit of wildness.  To accentuate the effect, when he came in, he would throw the first warmup pitch over the catcher's head into the backstop.  Batters didn't dig in very hard on him.

• Haha 1

Kylie Brockman to Auburn official. She didn’t have a single hit last year. When are we going to recruit some experience? 

• Like 1