Please Give Me Chance

7 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

@aubiefifty, how did your doctor’s appointment go? And do you need anything?

they asked me to go to my own doc to see about vertigo which is causing walking and balance problems. i bought a walker which hurts my feelings but i think it is temporary.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

they asked me to go to my own doc to see about vertigo which is causing walking and balance problems. i bought a walker which hurts my feelings but i think it is temporary.

Good morning from the Plains Fiddy. Felt a bit of nip in the air for a change early this morning. Hopefully you will get rid of the walker soon.

• Love 1

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

I’m so happy you did that.  You can feel a little safer. Vertigo is the worst!!! Hope the doc can get it resolved. 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2024 at 2:41 PM, aubiefifty said:

i just want the old aubie back prechemo and steroids.

I understand, brother.  But I mean it when I say 'let the AUFamily know.'  PM one of us if there's a shortfall or anything you need.  We're not just a collection of people who love Auburn...we're a network of people who love Auburn people, too.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I understand, brother.  But I mean it when I say 'let the AUFamily know.'  PM one of us if there's a shortfall or anything you need.  We're not just a collection of people who love Auburn...we're a network of people who love Auburn people, too.  

Totally agree with you, Swampy!!!

• Love 2

6 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Good morning from the Plains Fiddy. Felt a bit of nip in the air for a change early this morning. Hopefully you will get rid of the walker soon.

thank you salty and i mean it. i hope so on the walker because i want to venture down to the plains and if i have trouble walking it would ruin  the trip. i want to see east glenn ave and the park down the hill with a creosote bridge over a small creek. my grandfather told me to always run across the bridge because a troll lived under the bridge and he would get me. my grandparents lived in three separate houses before you go down the hill. i want to see the museum again. maybe i could rent a golf cart to get around on for a couple of hours..............

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

thank you salty and i mean it. i hope so on the walker because i want to venture down to the plains and if i have trouble walking it would ruin  the trip. i want to see east glenn ave and the park down the hill with a creosote bridge over a small creek. my grandfather told me to always run across the bridge because a troll lived under the bridge and he would get me. my grandparents lived in three separate houses before you go down the hill. i want to see the museum again. maybe i could rent a golf cart to get around on for a couple of hours..............

You wouldn’t recognize the place. The old park is still here but to much has changed for my liking. Don’t know that golf carts can be rented and pretty sure they are only street legal in certain neighborhoods. Be wonderful if cart paths could be designed in our urban infrastructures. 

BTW, I tell my grandkids that a beast called the crogladite lives under bridges and in the drainage pipes around here. Also have them believing that Bigfoots son Bigtoe lives here in the woods. The wife claims I tease them so much they will never trust a thing I say.

Take care Fiddy

• Haha 1

i am going to the doc this morning to see if i can get rid of this vertigo. i am sure i have an inner ear infection and if i get this healed i am gold other than tests every three months to see if my cancer returned. if i can walk normal again i will be so happy. friday is my 69th birthday and i would love to be able to walk into a steak house with out busting my behind. i have no idea if it will clear up that quick but i am hoping. you guys wish me luck. it is a damn good thing i can drive ok as long as i am sitting down.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

14 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

@aubiefifty, what did the doc say?

i have a serious inner ear infection which has caused my vertigo and it should clear up. he thought i might be dehydrated and he also said when i stand up my heart beat speeds up. he did some labs but it might be a day or more before i hear anything. they never did get a correct blood pressure reading and they tried to take nine times. they are a whole new staff and all the nurse prac was pretty good the rest were blah. also i am not down to 255 in weight from a record high 332 pounds. i love the weight loss but must of it came from the chemo and being too sick to eat. i think the steroids contributed. i can actually walk again without my feet hurting so when the vertigo is gone i will be gold. thanx for asking.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for letting us know.  It’s great to hear that it is something that can be healed fairly quickly.  😊 I’m so glad you are getting around better after that substantial weight loss.  Hard way to do it, but better for you in the long run! 

• Like 2

Yikes!!! I didn’t post Happy birthday yesterday! I meant to. It was a rather busy day.  I hope you had a good one @aubiefifty and that you are starting to feel a little better.  

• Love 1

Happy belated birthday to you Fifty.  Sorry I missed it yesterday.  Glad you’re doing better and hope you get the vertigo beat before kickoff in a few weeks.  Need you you on your feet shaking that orange and blue shaker.

Take care of yourself.

• Like 1
  • Love 1