Please Give Me Chance

Hugh has done nothing so far. He’s got one more season. Recruiting means nothing if you can’t get them to play together.  Another loser season and AU needs to drop to D2. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

Fifty last posted on July 7. I sent him a PM several days ago and no response. Does anyone know if he’s okay? I know he decided to frequent the board less but he’s never not replied to a PM before. I know his health is bad so I’m hoping someone has been in contact with him. 

On 7/19/2024 at 1:57 PM, gr82be said:

Fifty last posted on July 7. I sent him a PM several days ago and no response. Does anyone know if he’s okay? I know he decided to frequent the board less but he’s never not replied to a PM before. I know his health is bad so I’m hoping someone has been in contact with him. 

I fear for the worst for him. I’ll PM and email him to see if I can get a response.  Please pray for his well being.  And let’s all be kind.  I don’t know what happened, but fifty has always been one who took comments to heart.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

@gr82be @3rdgeneration  I saw Fifty's email address on the previous page of this thread and emailed him a couple of days ago.  He responded and said his health challenges have been significant - not able to take any more chemo due to severe reactions.  Also said he has lost a lot of weight.  No signs of cancer at this time.  Hoping he will regain his strength and remain cancer free.  I believe he is looking at AUFAM but not signing in.  @gr82be  he said he couldn't respond to your PM because he's not signing in.  If you would like to communicate with him, please use email.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Golden Eagle said:

@gr82be @3rdgeneration  I saw Fifty's email address on the previous page of this thread and emailed him a couple of days ago.  He responded and said his health challenges have been significant - not able to take any more chemo due to severe reactions.  Also said he has lost a lot of weight.  No signs of cancer at this time.  Hoping he will regain his strength and remain cancer free.  I believe he is looking at AUFAM but not signing in.  @gr82be  he said he couldn't respond to your PM because he's not signing in.  If you would like to communicate with him, please use email.

I hope he sees better days ahead regarding his health and wellbeing; he has my prayers for a better quality of life. 

Now, enough of the niceties.... it's time he gets back to work and resume his job of posting the daily AU news/articles because I HATE fishing for Auburn related info.  

I MISS Fifty!:wareagle:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Golden Eagle said:

Appreciate the update and heads up on the email. 

• Like 1

Okay, @aubiefifty, I’m starting to get worried.  I’ve sent you a PM and an email.  Please get in touch.  Praying for you and your health battle buddy.  Even when you feel alone, you are not alone.  There are people who care and THE Big Guy loves you more than you can imagine.  I’d love to hear from you, please. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I did hear back from fifty via email.  He’s reading the site, but not posting.  I encouraged him to please stay off the political forum because there’s nobody changing anyone else’s mind on anything! He didn’t respond back to my last email, but to be honest, I think he just feels like Fido’s rear end right now and he doesn’t have the energy for it.  Y’all please be kind to him and to each other.  Politics or whatever disagreement are not worth isolating someone who is mostly alone anyway.  

You're a good one. Thanks for the update. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I did hear back from fifty via email.  He’s reading the site, but not posting.  I encouraged him to please stay off the political forum because there’s nobody changing anyone else’s mind on anything! He didn’t respond back to my last email, but to be honest, I think he just feels like Fido’s rear end right now and he doesn’t have the energy for it.  Y’all please be kind to him and to each other.  Politics or whatever disagreement are not worth isolating someone who is mostly alone anyway.  

Amen!!! 

This world needs alot more people like you 3rdgeneration. I don't know you but you've always seemed like a really good person on here. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Amen!!! 

This world needs alot more people like you 3rdgeneration. I don't know you but you've always seemed like a really good person on here. 

You are really sweet. Thanks! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Thank you for the follow-up!

We (Auburn Family) need to have each other's back and not let a few rude comments made by others drive posters away from the best Auburn sports board in existence. 

I checked out the poli-board, there are a few long-time posters showing their arses with abrasive language that I frankly find unacceptable.  I guess people show their true colors when politics or religion are the topic of conversation, I just don't care to engage in those discussions.

I'm happy to hear '50 is okay, he is a valued member on this board, and he volunteers to spend lot of his personal time bringing AU related news to us.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Thank you for the follow-up!

We (Auburn Family) need to have each other's back and not let a few rude comments made by others drive posters away from the best Auburn sports board in existence. 

I checked out the poli-board, there are a few long-time posters showing their arses with abrasive language that I frankly find unacceptable.  I guess people show their true colors when politics or religion are the topic of conversation, I just don't care to engage in those discussions.

I'm happy to hear '50 is okay, he is a valued member on this board, and he volunteers to spend lot of his personal time bringing AU related news to us.

As a regular political board user I can tell you we have nothing on the abuse and madness that goes on in Auburn football gameday threads when the team is losing. lol 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CoffeeTiger said:

As a regular political board user I can tell you we have nothing on the abuse and madness that goes on in Auburn football gameday threads when the team is losing. lol 

I try my hardest to refrain from reading or posting in gameday threads.  There are way too many drive-by posters on the board on those days for my taste.  The poli board has a lot of regulars that exhibit great behavior on the sports side yet come across angry, irritable and often times irrational on the poli board.  I suppose they're just more passionate about politics. 

26 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

I try my hardest to refrain from reading or posting in gameday threads.  There are way too many drive-by posters on the board on those days for my taste.  The poli board has a lot of regulars that exhibit great behavior on the sports side yet come across angry, irritable and often times irrational on the poli board.  I suppose they're just more passionate about politics. 

You are right Jerry.  Makes one question why there is a political forum on the site.   

18 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

You are right Jerry.  Makes one question why there is a political forum on the site.   

the post you're replying to is the reason why there is a political board. 

To direct all the political talk, a long with the passion and anger it brings, to one spot on the forum that's easily avoidable if it's not your thing. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger

I don’t think fifty is guiltless when posting inflammatory things in the political forum. He’s got his own pretty strong opinions that I don’t necessarily agree with. However, we just need to stay civil, and if you can’t do that then don’t go there. That applies to him and anyone else who is rude on there. 

My retired teacher speech is over.  Carry on.  😂

• Like 4
  • Love 3

I believe Fifty is a lady  image.png

• Haha 1

On 7/30/2024 at 3:52 PM, 3rdgeneration said:

I don’t think fifty is guiltless when posting inflammatory things in the political forum. He’s got his own pretty strong opinions that I don’t necessarily agree with. However, we just need to stay civil, and if you can’t do that then don’t go there. That applies to him and anyone else who is rude on there. 

My retired teacher speech is over.  Carry on.  😂

I don't know if any of us are blameless with our discord on this forum. We can get frustrated with Auburn, Auburn football, our families and lives, the world around us, but we do need to remember that a little bit of kindness can go a long way, especially if we disagree about politics or whatnot. Please try to remember that politics is a messy solution for avoiding violence and you may not always get what you want. We all struggle at times, and aubiefifty is certainly struggling now, and his one real community doesn't feel very welcoming to him.

@Aucater aubiefifty is a gentleman a few years older than this "man of a certain age" as I met him in person last year.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 7/30/2024 at 2:59 PM, CoffeeTiger said:

the post you're replying to is the reason why there is a political board. 

To direct all the political talk, a long with the passion and anger it brings, to one spot on the forum that's easily avoidable if it's not your thing. 

I've gotten to where I don't talk politics, unless it is with people I agree with. You aren't going to change anybody's mind, and it just causes resentment.

• Like 2

Sorry to hear you are going thru stuff that no one should have to deal with alone. I'll keep praying. I pretty much agree with most of your posts Auburn athletics and politics. I just don't normally respond on controversial stuff.  I don't enjoy getting into escalating urinating contests like some on here seem to thrive on. If someone disagrees with my opinion it ends right there. Everyone is entitled to their opinion without insults. But that's just not the way the country is right now. Peace brother!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I heard back from fifty this morning. He said he didn’t mind me updating you so I will share some of what he shared with me. He’s facing a lot of stuff right now health wise and if you are a person whose prays please do so. As shared previously he’s had a hard time with chemotherapy and now he’s dealing with dizziness and steadiness possibly due to vertigo. I think he misses coming to the board but he isn’t ready yet. I told him to forget the daily articles and just pop in occasionally because I think the time he spent on the articles would wear him out right now. He’s got his dogs keeping him busy so at least he isn’t alone in every sense of the word. God uses a lot of things to get our attention and by gosh if it takes a dog then He’ll use a dog to keep us moving 😂. He had a doctor’s appt upcoming and hopefully they’ll get to the bottom of the dizziness and get him some help there. That’s all I have for now. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1