Far too many people are discounting Perry Thompson

First, the man has a sub 11 second 100 meter at nearly 210 lbs. He is not deceptively fast, he is fast.

Second, he catches anything close to him, and they are 80/20 throws.

Third, he is great in space, go check his tapes, his high school coaches knew it. Just get him the ball, flairs, swing, no need for 50 yard passes, just get the friggin ball in his hands and he will do the rest.

So he takes a few games to get acclimated. Oklahoma rolls into Jordan Hare triple covering Coleman, and after about six catches and two tds they will be saying can someone please cover MR. Thompson.

it is so slow today so i found this on the rant and it makes a lot of sense.they are not my words but i believe them and hope they are true........
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

First, the man has a sub 11 second 100 meter at nearly 210 lbs. He is not deceptively fast, he is fast.

Third, he is great in space, go check his tapes, his high school coaches knew it. Just get him the ball, flairs, swing, no need for 50 yard passes, just get the friggin ball in his hands and he will do the rest.

So he takes a few games to get acclimated. Oklahoma rolls into Jordan Hare triple covering Coleman, and after about six catches and two tds they will be saying can someone please cover MR. Thompson.

it is so slow today so i found this on the rant and it makes a lot of sense.they are not my words but i believe them and hope they are true........

I just believe bc he didn't enroll early that he has been kind of out of sight, out of mind.  Once he hits the field for fall practice, I bet you he starts turning heads very quickly.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Just now, ArgoEagle said:

I just believe bc he didn't enroll early that he has been kind of out of sight, out of mind.  Once he hits the field for fall practice, I bet you he starts turning heads very quickly.

the guy i posteds statement said he was a like a.......1 second slower i think than omac. he was fast.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

I agree with you too. I think he'll do really well here. I don't think he will see the field as much as Cam Coleman early on but PT will absolutely be a big playmaker for us with his big frame. When Perry flipped from Bama to us on Big Cat Weekend last year, it was huge but expected. Then Cam Coleman flipped from Texas A&M to us and it blew the roof off because nobody was expecting it, especially at the time he flipped. I think that, coupled with the recruiting services dropping PT from a 5 star to a 4 star, kinda hurt the buzz around PT. And since he wasn't enrolled for spring, it put more fan focus on Cam. 

I think Malcolm Simmons is in that same boat with PT. He wasn't an early enrollee so we didn't see him at spring practices and fans kinda forget about him. As you said "Out of sight, out of mind." 

I can't wait to see them on Gameday. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

All I know is Thorne better have laser sharp passes to these stud WR's this year.  I don't want these guys looking elsewhere. 

• Like 2

On 6/18/2024 at 9:14 AM, aubiefifty said:

the guy i posteds statement said he was a like a.......1 second slower i think than omac. he was fast.

1 second slower than OMac in the 40 would make him a 5.3. That’s OL speed.

I get the just of it…Thompson is fast…was just worded poorly. 

Just now, Viper said:

1 second slower than OMac in the 40 would make him a 5.3. That’s OL speed.

I get the just of it…Thompson is fast…was just worded poorly. 

i am old and going thought chemo brain fog but you would be correct.....................

On 6/18/2024 at 6:25 PM, TeamZero77 said:

Then Cam Coleman flipped from Texas A&M to us and it blew the roof off because nobody was expecting it, especially at the time he flipped.

There was a poster here who predicted the Coleman flip. It may have been @LPTiger or @NWALA Tiger

Edited by Viper

On 6/18/2024 at 8:46 AM, aubiefifty said:

I fully agree!!!!   I think PT is a monster!   And I think he likes that the attention is elsewhere while he quietly works!  I think PT, CC, and MS all have legit superstar potential!!!!    The “which one of our elite FR WRs are going to rewrite the record books” debate is so much more fun than the “why the heck can’t we sign an OL” debate we had for about 5 years!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I fully agree!!!!   I think PT is a monster!   And I think he likes that the attention is elsewhere while he quietly works!  I think PT, CC, and MS all have legit superstar potential!!!!    The “which one of our elite FR WRs are going to rewrite the record books” debate is so much more fun than the “why the heck can’t we sign an OL” debate we had for about 5 years!!!

Amen! Boy , was I tired of the OL debacle. It seemed to last decades. 

• Like 1

Some folks may be discounting him. I’m not. Because Coleman came to campus earlier, I think he’ll emerge as a great receiver before Thompson. However, when all is said and done, I think Thompson will prove to be actually a little better than Coleman. 

FYi… This isn’t a shot against Coleman. I think they both have elite potential, especially in this offensive system.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

Some folks may be discounting him. I’m not. Because Coleman came to campus earlier, I think he’ll emerge as a great receiver before Thompson. However, when all is said and done, I think Thompson will prove to be actually a little better than Coleman. 

FYi… This isn’t a shot against Coleman. I think they both have elite potential, especially in this offensive system.

i would have not taken it like that big shooter...................the better folks we have the better we will be..............

On 6/25/2024 at 10:58 PM, ScotsAU said:

However, when all is said and done, I think Thompson will prove to be actually a little better than Coleman

Or one of Bryce Cain or Malcolm Simmons.

Who would have predicted in 2016 that Eli Stove would finish his career at AU with more stats than Kyle Davis and Nate Craig-Myers?