A Doctor Told the Truth. The Feds Showed Up at His Door.

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

Really hate you got caught up in the nonsense Ben. But if I'm honest, you chose a path. Not mine, but a path. IIWII

You are a liar.

You post an article that explicitly make a martyr of this guy and we’re spelling it out for you that he’s in trouble for disseminating the most intimate details of their lives. Details he has no business seeing himself, or sharing. 

He’s a ****wad. And if you think he was right to do it, so are you. Shut up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, AUDub said:

He’s gonna say a lot of s*** to make a martyr of himself being unfairly prosecuted, but the truth is he’s ******. 

Guys, it interfere's with the narrative. He must DIE! lmao.

• Like 1

What this hospital was doing was wrong on so many levels.  It should have been exposed, reported, blasted from the mountaintops.  Minor children should not be having their perfectly functioning-as-intended bodies monkeyed around with by puberty blockers or any other hormonal interventions in the name of gender ideology.  Full stop.  

Based on my understanding of HIPPA laws, the way the guy went about doing that was completely wrong and illegal.  His heart may have been in the right place, but legally he doesn't have a leg to stand on and likely has ended his medical career.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, cbo said:

This is correct. I am the Chief Compliance & Privacy Officer for a company with tens of thousands of employees. The second you access a patient's record without a business need is a HIPAA violation. It does matter if you shared the information further, but only in the assessment of whether it's a reportable breach, that requires notification to each affected patient and the Office for Civil Rights, the enforcement agency for HIPAA. Copying the information is a very bad fact. 

Either way, it's an offense that warrants termination. I am firing a physician this week for this behavior. And they always say the same thing: "I was accessing the record to help the patients." If that's not your assigned duty, you have no right to access the patient's information. I think we can all agree this is a reasonable law.

Finally, to the OP. If you're so upset with "hormonal intervention," can you tell us what that means?

I knew you Were a big shooter! and you do not brag like a couple on here. you are awesome! hell i bet you have a great old lady as well! long may you run cbo.

• Love 1

9 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

I’m concerned. Had he blown the whistle legally I’d feel very differently about it. But the rule of law matters. We can’t just disregard it when we’d rather take a short cut to advance our cause.

Thank you. My problem as highlighted from the start has been this hospital and its actions. I never have nor will argue the rule of law. It's simply secondary in my mind to the cause of saving our children. I do appreciate your reasoned approach.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AUDub said:

You are a liar.

You post an article that explicitly make a martyr of this guy and we’re spelling it out for you that he’s in trouble for disseminating the most intimate details of their lives. Details he has no business seeing himself, or sharing. 

He’s a ****wad. And if you think he was right to do it, so are you. Shut up. 

Horse ****! You're lying period.

I am concerned with the actions of this hospital and have stated so from the onset. You tried to take it in another direction, I called you on it, and you were mad. Get over yourself. You chose that path.

This isn't nor was it ever about him in my mind, but rather that of the hospital's actions. At no point have I nor will I defend him, but you have and will continue to defend the hospital for egregious actions. Pathetic.

15 hours ago, AUDub said:

Plus, IT’S NONE OF MY BUSINESS HOW DOCTORS TREAT THEIR PATIENTS

15 hours ago, AUDub said:

No **** you for thinking it’s any of your business. 

Pretty spicy take.

Josef Mengele and many others thank you for it though I'm sure. :) 

• Facepalm 3

16 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Wow! No words can express my disdain for such ignorance. Carry on I guess. Just totally f#@& our children. Cray cray town.

I find it really difficult to believe that a parent, much less a facility would want this to take place.  There are a million questions, but I am confident that this is not the grand scheme that the far right wants to make people believes it to be.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

21 hours ago, AUDub said:

They didn’t break the law. 

They might have. Many states, including Texas, outlawed puberty blockers and testosterone for anyone under 18, in disagreement with every major medical/physician organization in this country. 

Of course, there's a very good chance that this doctor and the "news" as presented by a right wing publication is not entirely accurate. 

A quick look at the hospital's website shows their objective. Some don't like to believe in intersex people because it doesn't neatly fit their narrative. I happen to think these people should receive the treatment they need. 

https://www.texaschildrens.org/departments/gender-medicine-program

"The following patients are good candidates for evaluation by our multidisciplinary team:

• Babies born with variations in the appearance of their genitalia, which makes it difficult to tell whether they are boys or girls
  • Children who might have chromosomes or hormones that differ from what is expected for their assigned sex
  • Children who might have problems developing during puberty"

5 hours ago, cbo said:

They might have. Many states, including Texas, outlawed puberty blockers and testosterone for anyone under 18, in disagreement with every major medical/physician organization in this country. 

Of course, there's a very good chance that this doctor and the "news" as presented by a right wing publication is not entirely accurate. 

A quick look at the hospital's website shows their objective. Some don't like to believe in intersex people because it doesn't neatly fit their narrative. I happen to think these people should receive the treatment they need. 

https://www.texaschildrens.org/departments/gender-medicine-program

"The following patients are good candidates for evaluation by our multidisciplinary team:

• Babies born with variations in the appearance of their genitalia, which makes it difficult to tell whether they are boys or girls
  • Children who might have chromosomes or hormones that differ from what is expected for their assigned sex
  • Children who might have problems developing during puberty"

This was passed to Rufo before the law went into effect. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

This was passed to Rufo before the law went into effect. 

Ok, thanks. My mistake. 

12 hours ago, cbo said:

But increasingly in line with European countries that take a hard look at the available scientific data.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/13/2024 at 7:10 AM, TitanTiger said:

What this hospital was doing was wrong on so many levels.  It should have been exposed, reported, blasted from the mountaintops.  Minor children should not be having their perfectly functioning-as-intended bodies monkeyed around with by puberty blockers or any other hormonal interventions in the name of gender ideology.  Full stop.  

Based on my understanding of HIPPA laws, the way the guy went about doing that was completely wrong and illegal.  His heart may have been in the right place, but legally he doesn't have a leg to stand on and likely has ended his medical career.

Thank you. 

I am in no way claiming that I support the use of puberty blockers and procedures on children.  I don't.  What I am sick and tired of is the MAGA line about anyone that disagrees with them politically believing that boys are girls and girls are boys.  It's nonsense and being used strictly to polarize people and have something to point down to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

But increasingly in line with European countries that take a hard look at the available scientific data.

I wish Conservatives were as eager to copy Europe on Universal Healthcare, Gun control, labor relations, social safety nets, and education as they are on puberty blockers and trans surgery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I am in no way claiming that I support the use of puberty blockers and procedures on children.  I don't.  What I am sick and tired of is the MAGA line about anyone that disagrees with them politically believing that boys are girls and girls are boys.  It's nonsense and being used strictly to polarize people and have something to point down to.

I have been reliably told silence is consent, is this not true?  Everytime I ask the question if people believe men can be women and women can be men all I get is silence.  In other words consent.

59 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I have been reliably told silence is consent, is this not true?  Everytime I ask the question if people believe men can be women and women can be men all I get is silence.  In other words consent.

I have been reliably told that this is happening everywhere.  I don't believe that for a second.  Again, I don't support the practice.  I also don't support the holy crusades of the nut cases on the far right that speak of this as though it was Covid and contagious.

11 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I have been reliably told that this is happening everywhere.  I don't believe that for a second.  Again, I don't support the practice.  I also don't support the holy crusades of the nut cases on the far right that speak of this as though it was Covid and contagious.

How many is too many for you?

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

How many is too many for you?

You cannot talk me into that corner.  I simply won't go there.  You know full well that the issue has been politicized in order to paint people as evil and win points politically. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AU9377 said:

You cannot talk me into that corner.  I simply won't go there.  You know full well that the issue has been politicized in order to paint people as evil and win points politically. 

The issue is allowing children to grow up naturally before a decision that would affect the rest of their lives is made.  It got political when Joe appointed Dr Rachel Lavine as the Assistand Secretary of Health and promptly EOed his agenda on the American people.

It still is political when the FBI keeps the Nashville shooter’s manifesto from being published because it did not go along with the narrative this administration wants to be heard.

Protecting the children should not be political.  How many children are suffering because of our open border policy?  They are being abused as I type and no one really wants to acknowledge that.  It is mentioned by Republicans, but it falls on deaf ears.

22 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I wish Conservatives were as eager to copy Europe on Universal Healthcare, Gun control, labor relations, social safety nets, and education as they are on puberty blockers and trans surgery.

100% Agreed. 

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

The issue is allowing children to grow up naturally before a decision that would affect the rest of their lives is made.  It got political when Joe appointed Dr Rachel Lavine as the Assistand Secretary of Health and promptly EOed his agenda on the American people.

It still is political when the FBI keeps the Nashville shooter’s manifesto from being published because it did not go along with the narrative this administration wants to be heard.

Protecting the children should not be political.  How many children are suffering because of our open border policy?  They are being abused as I type and no one really wants to acknowledge that.  It is mentioned by Republicans, but it falls on deaf ears.

Your argument is akin to someone claiming that Republicans don't care about kids because they aren't willing to do anything about assault weapons.  It shouldn't be hard to agree that neither party wants kids harmed.  To believe otherwise is simply to adopt fictional partisan talking points. 

It all goes along well with the Save America BS.  Both parties do that and I find it disgusting. 

23 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Your argument is akin to someone claiming that Republicans don't care about kids because they aren't willing to do anything about assault weapons.  It shouldn't be hard to agree that neither party wants kids harmed.  To believe otherwise is simply to adopt fictional partisan talking points. 

It all goes along well with the Save America BS.  Both parties do that and I find it disgusting. 

You pick your poison and evidently children’s mental state is of no concern to you.  I’m sure I have that wrong, but that’s my impression.

• Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

You pick your poison and evidently children’s mental state is of no concern to you.  I’m sure I have that wrong, but that’s my impression.

09b2fa531824b37f92a56d994337a793-1633720625.jpg