A Doctor Told the Truth. The Feds Showed Up at His Door.

5 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Again, not my issue.

This is:

But Haim found not only were the treatments continuing—the program appeared to be expanding. He recorded several online presentations by medical staff encouraging the transition of children—one social worker described how she deliberately did not make note of such treatment in the medical charts of patients to avoid leaving a paper trail. 

How this escapes the mentality of a few here is mind-boggling. 

I think you are missing the point. He is in trouble because he broke HIPAA. There are other avenues in place to report malpractice to prevent releasing HIPAA info to the public like this guy did

10 minutes ago, AUDub said:

He’s gonna say a lot of s*** to make a martyr of himself being unfairly prosecuted, but the truth is he’s ******. 

He recorded several online presentations by medical staff encouraging the transition of children—one social worker described how she deliberately did not make note of such treatment in the medical charts of patients to avoid leaving a paper trail. 

So, are you saying this is untrue? I mean, it's the heart of the matter. 

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

He recorded several online presentations by medical staff encouraging the transition of children—one social worker described how she deliberately did not make note of such treatment in the medical charts of patients to avoid leaving a paper trail. 

So, are you saying this is untrue? I mean, it's the heart of the matter. 

You keep talking but it doesn’t sink in. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, arein0 said:

I think you are missing the point. He is in trouble because he broke HIPAA. There are other avenues in place to report malpractice to prevent releasing HIPAA info to the public like this guy did

Nope. Not my issue. 

That he potentially broke HIPPA laws is relevant. No argument. So are the egregious actions he recorded. Why some here dismiss them is telling.  

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

Nope. Not my issue. 

That he potentially broke HIPPA laws is relevant. No argument. So are the egregious actions he recorded. Why some here dismiss them is telling.  

“Egregious” 

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

You keep talking but it doesn’t sink in. 

I've noticed. Sadly.

Doctor patient privilege is egregious folks. 

Just now, AUDub said:

“Egregious” 

No doubt.

Just now, AUDub said:

Doctor patient privilege is egregious folks. 

Good grief.

10 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Nope. Not my issue. 

The article you posted made it out that that guy was under investigation for whistleblowing which is not the case. He is under investigation for breaching HIPAA laws. As for the hospital breaking the law as well, if they are, there are specific protocols to go through to report malpractice.  And they will be investigated. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, arein0 said:

The article you posted made it out that that guy was under investigation for whistleblowing which is not the case. He is under investigation for breaching HIPAA laws. As for the hospital breaking the law as well, if they are, there are specific protocols to go through to report malpractice.  And they will be investigated. 

They didn’t break the law. 

Just now, AUDub said:

My point wasnt whether or not they broke the law. I was trying to explain that if the 'whistleblower' believed there was malpractice going on, he could report them to compliance and they will be investigated. Everything he did in that situation was wrong and he will get in serious trouble for it.

• Like 1

I specifically highlighted my issues from the outset. That some or even most dismissed them isn't my problem. That reflects your character, not mine. 

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

It doesn't matter? Holy sh!# batman! F#@& our children? Damn Ben.

dude! snap out of it! i am the only drama queen allowed on here. You want me to raise YOUR children for you? he is not dissin kids for gods sake.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, AUDub said:

is that corn dog ever gonna run out of gas big shooter?

14 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I specifically highlighted my issues from the outset. That some or even most dismissed them isn't my problem. That reflects your character, not mine. 

8 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

A young surgeon revealed how his hospital was secretly transitioning gender-distressed children. He is now facing federal charges.

Eithan Haim, 34, is at the beginning of his career as a surgeon. He and his wife are expecting their first child in the fall. And now he is facing a four-count federal felony indictment for blowing the whistle on Texas Children’s Hospital, where he worked while a resident. 

At TCH, he discovered the hospital was secretly continuing gender transition treatments on minors—including hormonal intervention on patients as young as 11 years old—after publicly declaring, in March of 2022, it would no longer provide such services.

The hospital unwillingly backed away from the treatments under pressure from the Texas governor and attorney general. But Haim found not only were the treatments continuing—the program appeared to be expanding. He recorded several online presentations by medical staff encouraging the transition of children—one social worker described how she deliberately did not make note of such treatment in the medical charts of patients to avoid leaving a paper trail. Haim told me, “They were talking publicly about how they were concealing what they were doing. You can’t take care of your patient without trust. For me as a doctor, to not do something about this was unconscionable.”

Haim, like a growing number of medical professionals around the world, had grave doubts about the safety and efficacy of the explosively growing business of youth gender transition medicine. When he looked into it, he found that children distressed about their biological sex often had multiple mental health challenges—conditions that were being ignored in the rush to put vulnerable young people on hormones, and even to perform surgical interventions. These treatments are profoundly life-altering, with a high risk of rendering a young person sterile. In the last few years, a growing number of countries have investigated these treatments for young people, found the evidence wanting, and have effectively banned interventions such as puberty blockers—drugs that prevent children from entering puberty.

https://www.thefp.com/p/eithan-haim-gender-distressed-children-indicted

The first block you highlighted paints him as a martyr. You have been called out on it and are now crawfishing

• Thanks 1

The first block you highlighted paints him as a martyr. You have been called out on it and are now crawfishing

No, you resorted to arguing in bad faith. Let us not mistake what is transpiring here. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

dude! snap out of it! i am the only drama queen allowed on here. You want me to raise YOUR children for you? he is not dissin kids for gods sake.

I still pray for you man. 

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

I still pray for you man. 

thank you AND i do like you for the record.we gonna duke it out some. you know i enjoy the fuss and such. we just disagree but i could break bread with you. maybe only once tho........get i it? you might be crazier than i am bro.grins

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

This is 78’s usual tack. Post something ridiculous. Get called on it. Gaslight. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Really hate you got caught up in the nonsense Ben. But if I'm honest, you chose a path. Not mine, but a path. IIWII

I worked in top healthcare institutions for 30 years.

I am appalled!!!!

2 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Like many internationally, I am concerned with the safety and efficacy of our children. You? Not so much. Let's just be clear on what is happening here. The sentiment is changing and hopefully we stop this for profit and political nonsense soon. 

I’m concerned. Had he blown the whistle legally I’d feel very differently about it. But the rule of law matters. We can’t just disregard it when we’d rather take a short cut to advance our cause.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

it is hard to shoot straight when you are carrying a two dolla pistol. grins

3 hours ago, AUDub said:

It doesn’t matter. Accessing it in the first place when they are not his patients is a fireable offense and could lead to all sorts of legal trouble. This is what could have hung me. But it was specifically requested by the nurse and no sane person would have questioned my motive after the fact since it was clearly not personal gain. Everyone signed off on it after the fact because it was an extenuating circumstance requiring prompt action for the sake of the baby’s mother. 

Second, copying it is another step. SUPER s***ty thing to do. In his case he photographed it with his personal phone. Bad bad bad. We’re drilled just how bad this is nearly constantly in healthcare IT.

Third, sharing it with the media. Whatever you think of Rufo he has no business seeing this information. So they blacked out the names and dates of birth? They left visit dates and other protected information visible.

All three steps are super ******* illegal and this guy can get ******. 

This is correct. I am the Chief Compliance & Privacy Officer for a company with tens of thousands of employees. The second you access a patient's record without a business need is a HIPAA violation. It does matter if you shared the information further, but only in the assessment of whether it's a reportable breach, that requires notification to each affected patient and the Office for Civil Rights, the enforcement agency for HIPAA. Copying the information is a very bad fact. 

Either way, it's an offense that warrants termination. I am firing a physician this week for this behavior. And they always say the same thing: "I was accessing the record to help the patients." If that's not your assigned duty, you have no right to access the patient's information. I think we can all agree this is a reasonable law.

Finally, to the OP. If you're so upset with "hormonal intervention," can you tell us what that means?

• Like 2
  • Wow 1