A Doctor Told the Truth. The Feds Showed Up at His Door.

A young surgeon revealed how his hospital was secretly transitioning gender-distressed children. He is now facing federal charges.

Eithan Haim, 34, is at the beginning of his career as a surgeon. He and his wife are expecting their first child in the fall. And now he is facing a four-count federal felony indictment for blowing the whistle on Texas Children’s Hospital, where he worked while a resident. 

At TCH, he discovered the hospital was secretly continuing gender transition treatments on minors—including hormonal intervention on patients as young as 11 years old—after publicly declaring, in March of 2022, it would no longer provide such services.

The hospital unwillingly backed away from the treatments under pressure from the Texas governor and attorney general. But Haim found not only were the treatments continuing—the program appeared to be expanding. He recorded several online presentations by medical staff encouraging the transition of children—one social worker described how she deliberately did not make note of such treatment in the medical charts of patients to avoid leaving a paper trail. Haim told me, “They were talking publicly about how they were concealing what they were doing. You can’t take care of your patient without trust. For me as a doctor, to not do something about this was unconscionable.”

Haim, like a growing number of medical professionals around the world, had grave doubts about the safety and efficacy of the explosively growing business of youth gender transition medicine. When he looked into it, he found that children distressed about their biological sex often had multiple mental health challenges—conditions that were being ignored in the rush to put vulnerable young people on hormones, and even to perform surgical interventions. These treatments are profoundly life-altering, with a high risk of rendering a young person sterile. In the last few years, a growing number of countries have investigated these treatments for young people, found the evidence wanting, and have effectively banned interventions such as puberty blockers—drugs that prevent children from entering puberty.

https://www.thefp.com/p/eithan-haim-gender-distressed-children-indicted

• Thanks 1

As someone that has worked in hospitals and is well versed in HIPAA, this maroon did something so over the top illegal he deserves every charge coming his way.

The DOJ doesn’t give a s*** about him wanting to wage a culture war. You can’t take and disseminate medical records that don’t belong to you. **** him. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 5

Hope his wife is happy. She's pregnant and now her husband has blown up his medical career and is facing federal charges just so he could fight in the right wing culture wars and get his name featured on Fox News a couple of times. 

https://www.givesendgo.com/texas_whistleblower

He has gotten $500k in donations though, so it's not all a lost cause for him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Hope his wife is happy. She's pregnant and now her husband has blown up his medical career and is facing federal charges just so he could fight in the right wing culture wars and get his name featured on Fox News a couple of times. 

https://www.givesendgo.com/texas_whistleblower

He has gotten $500k in donations though, so it's not all a lost cause for him. 

Made the mistake of looking through the comments and people were calling him a hero :-\

• Haha 2

So this wasn't a problem for any of you that opined?

But Haim found not only were the treatments continuing—the program appeared to be expanding. He recorded several online presentations by medical staff encouraging the transition of children—one social worker described how she deliberately did not make note of such treatment in the medical charts of patients to avoid leaving a paper trail. 

3 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

But Haim found not only were the treatments continuing—the program appeared to be expanding. He recorded several online presentations by medical staff encouraging the transition of children—one social worker described how she deliberately did not make note of such treatment in the medical charts of patients to avoid leaving a paper trail. 

It doesn’t matter. He’s not being charged because he’s any sort of hero. He’s an a**hole that gave private health information to a right wing reporter. He can get ******. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Plus, IT’S NONE OF MY BUSINESS HOW DOCTORS TREAT THEIR PATIENTS

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 2
  • Wow 2

Just now, AUDub said:

It doesn’t matter. He’s not being charged because he’s any sort of hero. He’s an a**hole that gave private health information to a right wing reporter. He can get ******. 

It doesn't matter? Holy sh!# batman! F#@& our children? Damn Ben.

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

It doesn't matter? Holy sh!# batman! F#@& our children? Damn Ben.

No **** you for thinking it’s any of your business. 

7 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

One can blow the whistle, call a press conference, take a stand without disclosing private records. If he has an actual defense against those charges he’ll be okay. If he did the crime, however, his belief in his cause won’t save him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

One can blow the whistle, call a press conference, take a stand without disclosing private records. If he has an actual defense against those charges he’ll be okay. If he did the crime, however, his belief in his cause won’t save him.

His defense is that he’s a mandatory reporter, according to his attorney. That’ll be a losing argument though. You don’t report to people like to Chris Rufo lol. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

No **** you for thinking it’s any of your business. 

Wow! No words can express my disdain for such ignorance. Carry on I guess. Just totally f#@& our children. Cray cray town.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Wow! No words can express my disdain for such ignorance. Carry on I guess. Just totally f#@& our children. Cray cray town.

Yes yes I get it you know better than their doctors. Meh. 

But at the end of the day this guy is guilty as s***.

I know a lot of you here aren’t familiar with HIPAA but it is a very serious matter. If you even get caught accessing info you have no business seeing you’ll be fired at the drop of a hat, much less photographing it and sending it to a provocateur like Rufo. 

Edited by AUDub

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Yes yes I get it you know better than their doctors. Meh. 

Like many internationally, I am concerned with the safety and efficacy of our children. You? Not so much. Let's just be clear on what is happening here. The sentiment is changing and hopefully we stop this for profit and political nonsense soon. 

• Like 1

I’ll tell a story though. The one time I toed the line terrified me lol.

I was shot out of bed at 3am on a Sunday morning when I was the lead tech on the monitoring equipment and on call at Children’s here in Alabama. They’d had a baby pass away in the NICU. The nurse had discharged the baby from the central monitoring system, but right behind that  the mother made a request for a copy of the child’s EKG to get a memorial tattoo. On that side of the network that means that information has evaporated. Nurse called me in a panic wondering if there was any way I could get her a trace of the child’s EKG.

By the grace of God I had a way. We’d installed a secondary remote third party monitoring application that stored that information for an indeterminate amount of time after the discharge from GE’s system. A happy accident, as it were. So I reached in and grabbed that EKG as fast as I could. I grabbed every trace I could find ASAP and shot it to that nurse.

Now I knew I was probably ******* myself here but I figured it was better to ask for forgiveness than permission given the situation.

Hoo buddy I got simultaneously harangued and patted on the back for that one the following Monday lol. Legal was brought in and I explained the situation, and I was cleared. But man it put them on their haunches.

After that a policy was put on paper for just such a situation. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Like many internationally, I am concerned with the safety and efficacy of our children. You? Not so much. Let's just be clear on what is happening here. The sentiment is changing and hopefully we stop this for profit and political nonsense soon. 

You’re the one playing politics with patient privacy. You can shove it. 

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I’ll tell a story though. The one time I toed the line terrified me lol.

I was shot out of bed at 3am on a Sunday morning when I was the lead tech on the monitoring equipment and on call at Children’s here in Alabama. They’d had a baby pass away in the NICU. The nurse had discharged the baby from the central monitoring system, but right behind that  the mother made a request for a copy of the child’s EKG to get a memorial tattoo. On that side of the network that means that information has evaporated. Nurse called me in a panic wondering if there was any way I could get her a trace of the child’s EKG.

By the grace of God I had a way. We’d installed a secondary remote third party monitoring application that stored that information for an indeterminate amount of time after the discharge from GE’s system. A happy accident, as it were. So I reached in and grabbed that EKG as fast as I could. I grabbed every trace I could find ASAP and shot it to that nurse.

Now I knew I was probably ******* myself here but I figured it was better to ask for forgiveness than permission given the situation.

Hoo buddy I got simultaneously harangued and patted on the back for that one the following Monday lol. Legal was brought in and I explained the situation, and I was cleared. But man it put them on their haunches.

After that a policy was put on paper for just such a situation. 

Props! I mean serious props. :clap:

How you have your current position on the efficacy of our children is still baffling.

23 minutes ago, AUDub said:

But at the end of the day this guy is guilty as s***.

I know a lot of you here aren’t familiar with it but HIPAA but it is a very serious matter. If you even get caught accessing info you have no business seeing you’ll be fired at the drop of a hat, much less photographing it and sending it to a provocateur like Rufo. 

He won't be able to work in the medical field after this.

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

You’re the one playing politics with patient privacy. You can shove it. 

Well, my position hasn't been about patient privacy. I'm not aware their privacy has been breached. Has it? Do we know their names?

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

Well, my position hasn't been about patient privacy. I'm not aware their privacy has been breached. Has it? Do we know their names?

If he disclosed it to the reporter then yes, it has been breached

Just now, arein0 said:

If he disclosed it to the reporter then yes, it has been breached

Then their names are published. I agree that should not happen, but I'm not convinced that's true. Perhaps they are and if so I stand corrected. You are more than welcome to provide that info and please, by all means, redact names.

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

It doesn’t matter. Accessing it in the first place when they are not his patients is a fireable offense and could lead to all sorts of legal trouble. This is what could have hung me. But it was specifically requested by the nurse and no sane person would have questioned my motive after the fact since it was clearly not personal gain. Everyone signed off on it after the fact because it was an extenuating circumstance requiring prompt action for the sake of the baby’s mother. 

Second, copying it is another step. SUPER s***ty thing to do. In his case he photographed it with his personal phone. Bad bad bad. We’re drilled just how bad this is nearly constantly in healthcare IT.

Third, sharing it with the media. Whatever you think of Rufo he has no business seeing this information. So they blacked out the names and dates of birth? They left visit dates and other protected information visible.

All three steps are super ******* illegal and this guy can get ******. 

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

It doesn’t matter. Accessing it in the first place when they are not his patients is a fireable offense and could lead to all sorts of legal trouble. This is what could have hung me. But it was specifically requested by the nurse and no sane person would have questioned my motive after the fact since it was clearly not personal gain. Everyone signed off on it after the fact because it was an extenuating circumstance requiring prompt action for the sake of the baby’s mother. 

Second, copying it is another step. SUPER s***ty thing to do. In his case he photographed it with his personal phone. Bad bad bad. We’re drilled just how bad this is nearly constantly in healthcare IT.

Third, sharing it with the media. Whatever you think of Rufo he has no business seeing this information. So they blacked out the names and dates of birth? They left visit dates and other protected information visible.

All three steps are super ******* illegal and this guy can get ******. 

Again, not my issue.

This is:

How this escapes the mentality of a few here is mind-boggling. 

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Again, not my issue.

This is:

How this escapes the mentality of a few here is mind-boggling. 

He’s gonna say a lot of s*** to make a martyr of himself being unfairly prosecuted, but the truth is he’s ******.